The Drop in Centre

12 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

They called this afternoon and my COVID-19 test came back negative.

So...not covid, not the flu, and not bacterial -- just some unknown something that caused my temp to spike 1.5+F above normal.  :(

Fae at least it wasn’t COVID-19 everyone is taking any sinus / cough / cold serious. So take care of your self. 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC Friends 

just wanted to stop in and say good  morning.

This day is starting out weird 7:30 am jackhammers blaring. The city is working on the sidewalks at the intersection to add handicap ramps. 

So how is your day?

i hope you have a good day

Good morning, rick 

I woke up early this morning - before 6 a.m. - so I thought I'd take a peek outside to see if the raccoons had messed with the garbage bags I put out last night.

It looked like one of the bags had been opened, so I went outside to check it. Lo and behold, what I had seen from the window, was an extra (poorly tied to boot, so that's why it looked as if it had disturbed) bag of garbage at the curb. The nerve of some people dumping their extra garbage (looked like my neighbour got the same treatment) on someone's else's property. There is a bag limit, and luckily with the extra bag we weren't over it or else it would have been left at the curb. 

Thanks for listening, rant over. 

• Wow 5
15 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good morning, rick 

I woke up early this morning - before 6 a.m. - so I thought I'd take a peek outside to see if the raccoons had messed with the garbage bags I put out last night.

It looked like one of the bags had been opened, so I went outside to check it. Lo and behold, what I had seen from the window, was an extra (poorly tied to boot, so that's why it looked as if it had disturbed) bag of garbage at the curb. The nerve of some people dumping their extra garbage (looked like my neighbour got the same treatment) on someone's else's property. There is a bag limit, and luckily with the extra bag we weren't over it or else it would have been left at the curb. 

the nerve of some people!

hope the rest of your day goes smoothly Reader

• Like 5
34 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC Friends 

just wanted to stop in and say good  morning.

This day is starting out weird 7:30 am jackhammers blaring. The city is working on the sidewalks at the intersection to add handicap ramps. 

So how is your day?

i hope you have a good day

well that's a rather rude awakening

hope your day goes well rick

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good morning, rick 

it might sound nasty but it is not to messy you could check to see if they put junk mail or a address in it. Just a thought 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
36 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Sorry, rick, missed this bit - reading too fast - oops. That is really loud as I can still remember when the highway overpass near me was being worked on years ago, and construction started at 10 pm so the work could be done overnight. 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

it might sound nasty but it is not to messy you could check to see if they put junk mail or a address in it. Just a thought 

Too late, it's gone now. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, kbois said:

Well, we got an unexpected pleasant surprise today at work. The county called to offer free Covid19 testing for the residents in our community (55+ mobile home park). So we have it set up for July. 

Yay!

However.....I was also disturbed when I overheard two coworkers talking and one said they wouldn't get tested because they don't want the government to have their DNA (my internal reaction was whaaaaa? With a head tilt). When the discussion turned to potential vaccine development another person said they would never get vaccinated, they didn't believe in it. 

🤨

Sometimes I just can't fathom people who are supposedly intelligent life forms. I really don't get it. 

I will get tested and if and when a vaccine is available I will protect myself so that I don't risk exposure to my family and friends. Why wouldn't someone? 🤔

:thumbup:

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

If you like a bit of horror .. not too scary... but just right.. Take a few minutes and read this little gem:

I read it for breakfast ... it was yummy :D 

It really was good. I enjoyed it as well.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

If you like a bit of horror .. not too scary... but just right.. Take a few minutes and read this little gem:

It was really good, I've read it as well.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
22 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Horror? Hmm.. I gotta think about this

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Horror? Hmm.. I gotta think about this

its not really scary.. bit creepy... no graphic stuff or ugly ghouls.. nothing like that.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Defiance19 said:

Hello, good peeps! Look who’s around again.. ☺️ Hope everyone is doing well.. and you’re being good.. and you’re staying safe.. 

Now that I can, I’ll be catching up on the tons that I’ve missed. At least I’ll try. 

So, I’ll be around more often..🤗 (try to contain yourselves.) lol  

If my back wasn't sore, i'd do a back flip.. good to see you boss xoxo

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
17 minutes ago, kbois said:

I lost a band-aid off my thumb this evening. While fixing dinner. 

Hmmmmm......

Checked the floor. Nope.                   Checked the sink. Nope.                   Shook out the towel I had used to wipe off my hands several times. Retraced my steps, looked in the bathroom, shook out that towel.      Nope. Nope and Nope.

Looked at the food. Please. No. 

Last ditch effort....stuck my hand down the garbage disposal. 

Aha!  Phew! 😅

Well, that was a lucky escape from Ewwsville. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Well, that was a lucky escape from Ewwsville. 

Yup! I think panic level shot straight to DEFCON 2 and bordered on 1 for a few heart thumping minutes. 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..