The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
17 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Nice!!  Today our mall was open.. not all stores were but lots were. Some of the tiny ones you had to order from the outside and they'd get it for you.  Honestly.. our grocery store has arrows on the floors and big signs  with big arrows.. people just dont get it.  After last week and going up and down and around to get in the aisle we wanted we just walked up and down every aisle.   i bet the stores are loving that.. you're more likely to buy more that way... 

We only have arrows leading to the checkout stands, but you have to wait to be directed to an empty one, which strangely has been cashier #8 the last three times I’ve been there - my new lucky number, perhaps? :unsure: 

For the rest of the store, it’s an honour system set up to avoid other shoppers and store staff which people are very good about doing. Then again, I shop at 8 a.m. when the store isn’t that busy.  Oh, and there are arrows for coming in and out of the store with big bottles of hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting. 

As for walking up and down every aisle? That used to be my normal way of shopping. List what list? :P 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, kbois said:

Most of the stores down here have had arrows for a while. The only problem is that people ignore them. I've found myself doubling back more than once because I  forgot something in aisle 2 and I'm all the way in aisle 12. Of course I end up going the wrong way, then get confused as to which way I need to go to get back to where I was. At least I wear a mask, unlike half the other people. 

Florida has just banned alcohol from being served in bars. They won't make masks mandatory, but instead choose to ban alcohol. Why they reopened bars in the first place is beyond me. What did they expect? Floridiots. 🤦‍♀️

Tonight is my night for a couple of glasses of wine. Hello white zinfandel, my friend!🍷

There’s no helping some people. They just do the wrong thing, because they don’t care. 

Enjoy your wine. :) 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
18 minutes ago, kbois said:

My son called tonight and he called my husband's cell. Hubby talks to child for a while then hands me the phone. 

Five minutes into the conversation hubby starts wandering around the house...searching. 

Me: What are looking for?

Him: My phone.

Me and child: bwaaahahaha!

And I'm the one who's been drinking tonight! 

Aww, poor guy. :P 

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Aww, poor guy. :P 

Eh, I'm just glad it wasn't me. My worst was panicking because I  couldn't find my phone. It was in my hand. I was talking to my best friend. 🤦‍♀️ I couldn't even blame it on alcohol. She's never let me live it down either. In my defense, we had been talking for a long time. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
51 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

All your hard work made me crave an iced coffee!  :D 

I’m currently drinking this one. It’s such a light powder, I need to nix it with almost boiling water. I do that in a mug with a small amount of water, then add some cold water or milk, so I can poor it into a glass with ice. It’s quite sweet, so it doesn’t need any added sweetener. Next time I’m at the store, I’m going to try a different flavour - plain or caramel, possibly. 

6000196854764.jpg

Edited by Reader1810
  • Wow 3
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I’m currently drinking this one. It’s such a light powder, I need to nix it with almost boiling water. I do thst in a mug with a small amount of water, then ad some cold water or milk, so I can poor it into a glass with ice. It’s quite sweet, so it doesn’t need any added sweetener. Next time I’m at the store, I’m going to try a different flavour - plain or caramel, possibly. 

6000196854764.jpg

I've never seen these before. I'll have to look.  I've been mixing mine by putting a couple of tablespoons of cold water in a glass with the coffee and sweetner.. the coffee dissolves okay in the cold water.. then i add skim milk and a drop of 2% evap milk and ice cubes.

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..