The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
4 hours ago, kbois said:

Good morning everybody!

Today is @Reader1810 's turn.

I really like the randomness of your posts. I like how you share some helpful information like tea compresses or short cuts to making iced coffee and then it's... Oh look, a bunny! Things like that always  makes me smile! 

We can always use a little bit of randomness in our day. Thank you for all the smiles you've brought me.(sometimes an outright laugh too!)

I hope you have a good day!

This was wonderful! And, so true. :P 

Yes, things do tend to pop into my head out of nowhere (and by trigger hence the tea bag post), so what the heck, I just go with it.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Good Tuesday Morning 

How is your day going

Good morning, rick, 

I went grocery shopping this morning, and wouldn’t you know it, this is the fourth week in a row I was directed to cashier number 8. Something is definitely up with that, I’m just not sure what the something is. Hmm...

Still drinking my first iced coffee, so I’m vegging while I do. 

Have a great day DiCers... :) 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Good morning, DiCsters ...  Happy Tuesday.

Tomorrow is Canada Day ... a Holiday.  But i decided i'd work ... i'm home anyway ... can't do much with the lockdown in place really so... I chose to work and earn some OT or time in lieu, haven't decided which yet. i booked Thursday off, so i have a long weekend.

i hope your Tuesday goes well...

I didn’t know you could work on a holiday. That is, I thought it was a given that everything was closed. Maybe most people think like that too, and your day will be restful. *fingers crossed*

Bottom line, you’re a smart cookie for: 

1 working the holiday to get OT

2 taking Thursday off so you have a long weekend. 

:thumbup: 

• Like 4

We have Friday off for the Fourth. Plan on going up to visit my mom -- still won't be able to get into the nursing home to see dad. Stressed more than I should be about the trip, and not able to pinpoint the reason.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
34 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

We have Friday off for the Fourth. Plan on going up to visit my mom -- still won't be able to get into the nursing home to see dad. Stressed more than I should be about the trip, and not able to pinpoint the reason.

Maybe the reason why will come to you and you’ll be able to shrug it off. Good luck, Fae. :hug: 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Heat index is 108 F [42.2 C] with wind speeds of 22 to 32 mph [35 - 51 kph].  Stepping outside feels like being inside a blast furnace.

That is hot. Wow...

• Like 4

Some days my job either makes me laugh or roll my eyes so far back in my head I fear they'll get stuck that way. Today was one of these days. Apparently over the weekend there was an "incident". I have no idea what actually happened, but these are the top 3 versions I've heard. 

1. Some guy was wandering around the community looking into people's windows, probably 'casing' the places.🤔

2. Some guy was walking into people's homes wanting to find somewhere to change his clothes (he didn't have any extra clothes)😮

3. Three guys were sleeping on the property, getting high, all three fell in the lake, two got out, one got stuck, gashed his head, had to be hauled out by the fire dept and was taken away in an ambulance. 😲

There are several other theories floating around, but all involve someone trespassing and the police being called. 🤷‍♀️

Not really sure anymore if I work at a 55+ community or a preschool. The tales grow taller everyday! 🤣

• Haha 3
14 minutes ago, kbois said:

Not really sure anymore if I work at a 55+ community or a preschool. The tales grow taller everyday! 🤣

Add a game of telephone (where someone who "saw" the potential intruder told someone who told someone) and you may find it was the mail carrier getting a signature for a letter that started it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..