The Drop in Centre

1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Reader

this has been a busy day at work. trying to get my jobs done so i can rest this weekend and start Monday with a clean slate. only 3 small projects to go. 
So question for DiC anyone have any plans for the weekend? myself we have cancelled our family cook out for this year. 

Nothing outside the normal weekend stuff. I will need to wrestle my scaredy dog into his thundershirt. I dont think it helps much, but he looks dorky in it so it's worth it. 😉😆

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

It is not a good day already.  Depression sucks ... i am halfway down the rabbit hole and i am tired of trying to crawl back out. i am holding up my hands and letting go ... sliding down to the bottom.  Don't bother looking for me.

300 Sad Quotes That Will Relieve Your Pain

Take care tim :hug:

• Like 4
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Reader

this has been a busy day at work. trying to get my jobs done so i can rest this weekend and start Monday with a clean slate. only 3 small projects to go. 
So question for DiC anyone have any plans for the weekend? myself we have cancelled our family cook out for this year. 

hi rick,

busy here too. but i've set a goal & have planned to spend an additional 90 minutes on Saturday just cleaning up my inbox. i've been told that my two lab managers are petitioning to get me off furlough & back full-time.

as for the weekend, the farmers market on Saturday & nothing much else.

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hi rick,

busy here too. but i've set a goal & have planned to spend an additional 90 minutes on Saturday just cleaning up my inbox. i've been told that my two lab managers are petitioning to get me off furlough & back full-time.

as for the weekend, the farmers market on Saturday & nothing much else.

molly that must feel nice to be wanted back at work. Good Job. if your email box is like mine it gets cleaned out and then i get 20 right before the end of the day that needs taken care of ASAP. so take care.

• Like 5

So the fun goes on at my job. 

First thing this morning we are bombarded with tales of some young guy jumping in our lake, then jumping in the pool. 

I checked the security cameras and sure enough...caught the culprit jumping in the pool. [Lake is too far to trigger the sensors]. Did a pretty nice front flip too. 

We recognize him as one of our resident's grandson. We know that this young guy (early 20s) has some mental issues. He was in a behavioral hospital earlier this year. We got ahold of his brother (the grandparents, who are our residents don't speak English) who told us that the guy was not being complacent taking his meds. 

When we called the pool company to see if anything needed to be done to the pool (lakewater is gross) she laughed and said "well aren't you supposed to rinse off before going in the pool?" 

Pool is ok. Kid is ok. Residents are ok. My sides hurt from laughing.

FYI, never jump in a lake in Florida. Gators and goose poop. 'Nuff said.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
13 minutes ago, Brayon said:

The best piece of advice is, "if you see a puddle of water in a pot hole on the street, assume there is a gator in it."

Actually had to call animal control once, because we had a gator roaming the front yard of our house and the neighbors. 

i can handle raccoons - possum but you know i would run not walk if i saw a gator in my front yard. the worse animals around here are deer and running across the road. 

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, Brayon said:

The best piece of advice is, "if you see a puddle of water in a pot hole on the street, assume there is a gator in it."

Actually had to call animal control once, because we had a gator roaming the front yard of our house and the neighbors. 

I like the gators when they're wounded and bleeding out orange and blue...go Noles!🤣

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Brayon said:

I *know* that here in Ohio there isn't anything that can hurt me in the water.......but having a childhood and most of adolescence in South Florida means I have a deep seated aversion to getting in fresh water....especially murky water I can't see through.  

• Like 5
59 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hello and good night everyone.  I told myself I'd go to bed at a decent time tonight.   Lol.  

I shouldn't have trusted myself 

i stayed awake to go with Phil to pick Number One Son up from work.

good night Sirs and friends

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..