The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator

Is this sad or pathetic? I’m sitting here reading because the weather’s so iffy, but all I really want to do is weed the garden. 

:huh: Weed the garden?

:o OMG, who am I, and what did I do with me? 

Imma go battle with myself some more...

• Like 2
  • Wow 3
5 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Is this sad or pathetic? I’m sitting here reading because the weather’s so iffy, but all I really want to do is weed the garden. 

Go weed ... i was writing but had a job sitting in the fridge waiting for me. It was on my mind so i got up and did it. Twenty six burger patties are now in the freezer and my mind is my own again. 

You won't melt if you get a few rain drops ... 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Go weed ... i was writing but had a job sitting in the fridge waiting for me. It was on my mind so i got up and did it. Twenty six burger patties are now in the freezer and my mind is my own again. 

True, and the green stuff in the garden isn't really wet anymore, so here I go... :D 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

if the weeding will make you happy, ease your mind, go do it
a little rain won't hurt

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

A bucket full of weeds and one shower later - why do I always get so dirty when I weed :unsure: - I’m ready for my banana- chocolate Greek yogurt followed by undisturbed by my mind reading. 

See you all laterz...

• Like 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Something else also melt.  CHEESE!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Wow, it's been a long day. But a mostly good one. Was out the door by 630 this morning for a Tallahassee run. Younger son has been cooped up since March, only getting out occasionally so he wanted to go stay with his older brother for a week. When I  asked him how he was getting there he just gave me that look. The one that every parent has seen a gazillion times. So off we went. 4.5 hours up, did lunch takeout with the two boys and my older son's girlfriend. Then 4.5 hours home with a pit stop to pick up my mom. 

My idiot brother tells me that mom wants to go to church. I said they're closed. He said no they're not. I said um I'm still not taking her. 

Who TF would take their 89 year old mother into a church in a state that has one of the highest infection rates in the country?? And no signs of slowing down?

Before Covid I  took my mom to church almost every freaking weekend for the past 4 years, since my dad died. I don't even believe in god. Yet I did this for my mom, no other reason. I sincerely doubt that I'm going to hell for not taking her, and if I do, well, I'll be driving the express bus picking up some friends along the way, whiskey in one hand and a blunt in the other! Let me know if you need a lift. 

Speaking of whiskey, I found this pretty interesting. Reasons why whiskey is good for you

https://www.wideopencountry.com/10-health-benefits-drinking-whiskey/?utm_campaign=amp_inline&utm_medium=email&utm_source=email

So other than dealing with one idiot brother and one thunderstorm on the way home, today was a happy day. I love seeing my older boy. I miss his face. 

I need some whiskey. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
14 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

fingers crossed it stays north!

i'm going to call it a day, so i'll say good night Sirs and good night friends
i hope that everyone had a good day, and has a restful night
see you tomorrow

Good night molly... happy dreams 

• Like 5
31 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

We are always hardest on ourselves. We forgive nearly everyone anything, but not us.

My recent issues had my shrink suggesting several things, mindfulness being among them. He also suggested several self-care apps. I decided to try a couple. Fabulous wasn't ... much asking for money. However, Sanvello is different. It is quiet and peaceful. Lots of things to look at, read and do. They have a phone app and web presence. Both are good.  I found them on Google play, they have been around for a number of years. I know there is a premium service but they have yet to ask me to join it. They say they keep most tools free.

You may want to give it a try. There are also place to chat on their site and to reach out to others.

Thanks tim. I will definitely check them out. 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

Sanvello can also be found in Apple’s App store, and @Mikiesboy  I found another called Headspace: Meditation and Sleep with the tags: stress relief, breathe, relax. It has a five star rating. I have trouble getting to sleep sometimes, so I’m going to have a look at this one. 

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..