The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
15 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Kraken with Ginger Beer and a healthy squeeze of fresh lime juice, please.

I saw the Kraken, but I couldn’t pass up the Newfoundland rum seeing as it’s from one - if not thee one - of @Mikiesboy’s favourite places. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
25 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i read about the Newfoundland rum producers ... seems they also make a couple of kinds of Gin. One from seaweed.  They sent a couple of cases to the San Francisco World Spirits Competition 'on a lark'.  Seem their other Gin took a silver medal, while this lark won them a double gold medal.  It is now so popular they cannot make enough.  I love stories like that.  It's brilliant.

“What the heck, let’s enter the competition.” Gotta love that attitude. :D 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I am a lapsed catholic... very lapsed.

At least the Parish Priest did not threaten to have you excommunicated. He had no sense of humor at all and did not appreciate me quoting chapter and verse to negate everything he tried to throw at me.  Over 40 years and I have not been back but for an occasional wedding or funeral.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

The Church ... well all of the man made religions are filled with drones who serve a Master who does not exist. He is a ghost in many forms who has controlled people for many years for the benefit of very few. So many have died in the name of these religions, more continue to, and will today, and sadly tomorrow.

Hence the reason I have not been back either.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Ok, TS Fay can give it up now, I am home for the day and have no further need to venture forth.  I swear my hair was drier when I stepped out of the shower this morning than it was when I got home!

• Like 2
  • Wow 3
19 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

i read about the Newfoundland rum producers ... seems they also make a couple of kinds of Gin. One from seaweed.  They sent a couple of cases to the San Francisco World Spirits Competition 'on a lark'.  Seem their other Gin took a silver medal, while this lark won them a double gold medal.  It is now so popular they cannot make enough.  I love stories like that.  It's brilliant.

Gin from seaweed.  How cool. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

No, i walked away after being on the street for a couple of years, after having men do what they wanted to me, including breaking my jaw when i said no to something they wanted me to do.

After that i decided that my Father in heaven couldn't be much of a father, if He also allowed these things to happen to his children.  Yet, i can remember standing beside my mom and listening to her sing Abide With Me. And the other people greeting us as friends weekly.  Those things i remember. Those things are good.

The Church ... well all of the man made religions are filled with drones who serve a Master who does not exist. He is a ghost in many forms who has controlled people for many years for the benefit of very few. So many have died in the name of these religions, more continue to, and will today, and sadly tomorrow.

I agree with you wholeheartedly tim. It took me years to realize that god is a fantasy created by man to explain things they didnt understand. I read a lot on the pros and cons and although I  can't remember where I  saw it, one of the best arguments I came across basically said that there are so many beliefs and doctrines out there and they can't all be right. But they can all be wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

Had an unusual July thunderstorm today. We need the rain, but the joints really did not like it.

The sky is rumbling, so I’m thinking we’re going to get a T-storm after all. It’s been forecasted before, but not much happened. This time I hope it does because we really need the rain. 

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

The sky is rumbling, so I’m thinking we’re going to get a T-storm after all. It’s been forecasted before, but not much happened. This time I hope it does because we really need the rain. 

Just saw on the news that Tropical Storm Fay is heading for NY and NJ, so I suspect you might get some rain out of it.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Brayon said:

Just saw on the news that Tropical Storm Fay is heading for NY and NJ, so I suspect you might get some rain out of it.

Yep, that was my thought as well. It’s raining now with a few rumbles here and there. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..