The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
16 minutes ago, Sherye said:

My sister just texted me that she will be going to her son's home out of town Thursday. They are inducing his wife's labor Thursday evening due to her blood pressure. Say a prayer for them!

Will do, and sending positive thoughts as well. :hug: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Sherye said:

My sister just texted me that she will be going to her son's home out of town Thursday. They are inducing his wife's labor Thursday evening due to her blood pressure. Say a prayer for them!

Awww...baby! Positive thoughts that all will go well!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Not to change the subject, but I am, of course, changing the subject. I have a question for you all regarding Advent calendar etiquette shall we say. 

Is it wrong to open all 25 doors at once, collect the chocolate inside, and then throw away the calendar? 

Kind of defeats the whole purpose/idea of an Advent calendar I would say. 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Not to change the subject, but I am, of course, changing the subject. I have a question for you all regarding Advent calendar etiquette shall we say. 

Is it wrong to open all 25 doors at once, collect the chocolate inside, and then throw away the calendar? 

This has been done, and I’m finding this disturbs me to no end. Am I being to sensitive and sentimental? I mean if the point was to give a bunch of chocolates at once, the gift would have been a box of chocolates, right? 🤔

I should clarify, the chocolates aren’t being eaten all at once, but the idea behind how to use an Advent calendar is gone. 

I tend to agree with  @kbois with possibly one other exception.  Was the calendar bought as a fundraiser by someone not into the whole Advent thing? If that is the case, kudos for supporting the fundraiser, enjoy the choco any way you like.

• Like 3

Wow, did we ever get a little taste of 'winter' this morning. I woke up with my nose frozen and my back sweating because of a little black furball who decided to burrow under the covers and turn into a bed warmer. The temp in the house was 69F (20C)....stop snickering! I won't kick the heat on until the house drops under 65. Stepping out of the shower was not fun. Yes, socks were needed. My feet are not fans of being encased in footwear!

When I let the dogs out I did a double take...there was frost covering the roofs of the houses around us. Looked like a dusting of snow there for a second. 

It was 41F (5C) when I  went out to the car. Not too bad. No frost on the windshield, but a little on the rear window, so I didn't have to break out my driver's license to scrape the window. Rear defroster did the job. 

Should be a really nice day, going up to the low 60s (mid-teens C). It cracks me up when people complain that it's cold. It could be so much worse. I really don't miss the kind of cold that freezes your boogers the second you step outside. I'll take 40 degree mornings in exchange for 70 degree days anytime! 

I hope everyone has a good day!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
53 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I tend to agree with  @kbois with possibly one other exception.  Was the calendar bought as a fundraiser by someone not into the whole Advent thing? If that is the case, kudos for supporting the fundraiser, enjoy the choco any way you like.

Nope, it was a gift from someone whom I am guessing thought the Advent calendar was more interesting than a regular box of chocolates.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, kbois said:

Wow, did we ever get a little taste of 'winter' this morning. I woke up with my nose frozen and my back sweating because of a little black furball who decided to burrow under the covers and turn into a bed warmer. The temp in the house was 69F (20C)....stop snickering! I won't kick the heat on until the house drops under 65. Stepping out of the shower was not fun. Yes, socks were needed. My feet are not fans of being encased in footwear!

When I let the dogs out I did a double take...there was frost covering the roofs of the houses around us. Looked like a dusting of snow there for a second. 

It was 41F (5C) when I  went out to the car. Not too bad. No frost on the windshield, but a little on the rear window, so I didn't have to break out my driver's license to scrape the window. Rear defroster did the job. 

Should be a really nice day, going up to the low 60s (mid-teens C). It cracks me up when people complain that it's cold. It could be so much worse. I really don't miss the kind of cold that freezes your boogers the second you step outside. I'll take 40 degree mornings in exchange for 70 degree days anytime! 

I hope everyone has a good day!

Sorry, but I just had to snicker after I was told not to. :P 

We’ve had a couple pretty good snowfalls in the last couple of days. I’m tempted to take a pic, so I can show you what you’re missing....

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 5
10 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Sorry, but I just had to snicker after I was not to. :P 

We’ve had a couple pretty good snowfalls in the last couple of days. I’m tempted to take a pic, so I can show you what you’re missing....

I don't mind looking at the stuff...I just don't want to shovel it!🤣

So I've seen two good memes so far this morning:

Florida is temporarily closed. We're all looking for our jackets. 

To all our Northern friends. Your weather is drunk and passed out on our doorstep. We need you to come down and get it. Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
On 11/30/2020 at 11:50 AM, kbois said:

We will have our coldest morning in a while on Wednesday. A cold front is currently moving thru. We'll be lucky if it hits 60F (15C) tomorrow and when it's time to go into work Wednesday morning it's going to feel like the upper 30s (3C). 

I'm sure I'll see people bundled up like they're about to explore Antarctica. I may have to wear socks. 

2 hours ago, kbois said:

When I let the dogs out I did a double take...there was frost covering the roofs of the houses around us. 

Nailed it!  No Windex needed on your crystal ball.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OMG! It is freezing outside! Someone turned the heater off outside my home! It might be only 46F but it says it feels like 38F! I think they are wrong! I think it feels like -1F! The wind is blowing hard! I do believe Antartica sent their weather all the way south to Texas! Wish they would keep their freezing weather! My hands are like icicles! I need a warm body to warm me up! Oh well, guess I will just have to bear the cold weather! And the wind will die down this evening anyway!

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, Sherye said:

OMG! It is freezing outside! Someone turned the heater off outside my home! It might be only 46F but it says it feels like 38F! I think they are wrong! I think it feels like -1F! The wind is blowing hard! I do believe Antartica sent their weather all the way south to Texas! Wish they would keep their freezing weather! My hands are like icicles! I need a warm body to warm me up! Oh well, guess I will just have to bear the cold weather! And the wind will die down this evening anyway!

Wind chill is the WORST!  Bundle up and stay warm.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

My stepson thinks he knows everything! A mechanic and I both told him that if he keeps trying to start his truck back to back that he will either ruin his starter or the brand new battery. His truck hates cold weather and will not start in it! So we have to jump him off! He is driving us up a wall!

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, spyke said:

Wind chill is the WORST!  Bundle up and stay warm.

I'll take your winter wind chill and raise you a summer heat index of "feels like" 115. 

I prefer cold to hot. It's easier to add layers of clothes. There's only so much one can take off🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
33 minutes ago, kbois said:

There's only so much one can take off🤣

Depends on how popular you want to be 🤣

I'm o.k. with cold. It's the wind chill that I can't stand. 

Edited by spyke
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Before they either laugh or arrest you.

The cops would be laughing so hard there'd be no way the would even be able to read me my Miranda rights! 🤣. Everyone else would be scarred for life. 🙈🙈🙈

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Everyone else would be scarred for life. 🙈🙈🙈

So what you're saying is that you had this powerful weapon of destruction at your disposal and you failed to use it against the mask less asshole the other day? 🤣

• Haha 3
16 minutes ago, spyke said:

So what you're saying is that you had this powerful weapon of destruction at your disposal and you failed to use it against the mask less asshole the other day? 🤣

This is by far the best zing I  have ever received 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..