The Drop in Centre

Well Little One was sleepy so it's just me and the special now.  I think it's fairly well done.  Some artists I'm not as familiar with and some of the outfits are very....artistic.... But on the whole very enjoyable. 

And they are respecting social distancing it seems. 

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Well Little One was sleepy so it's just me and the special now.  I think it's fairly well done.  Some artists I'm not as familiar with and some of the outfits are very....artistic.... But on the whole very enjoyable. 

And they are respecting social distancing it seems. 

I went to New York with my Mom and Grandma when I was about 8 or 9. We saw the Christmas show and it was pretty awesome. A few years later my dad drove part time for Peter Pan Bus Lines and we'd go to NYC every year and take one of the grandkids to see Santa at Macy's. When my oldest was 5 months old we moved to MD.  I specifically asked my dad to let me know when they were going to see Santa and I'd meet them with the baby. He forgot. I got an email from my mom saying they took my brother's kids. I was sorta pissed so I wrote back that I wanted to go and now my firstborn would have to have his first Santa picture with a generic mall Santa. My dad called within an hour and asked if I could get the following Thursday off. Best Santa picture ever! Those are great memories. NYC is awesome at Christmas. 

• Like 4

I don't remember this, but my dad and mom use to tell us that my sister and I were scared of Santa when we were young. My dad and my mom took us downtown to see Santa and get pictures with him. They said that I got a glimpse of Santa and off I went running the opposite direction with my sister following me! My dad said that we were fast and he had trouble catching us. By the time he finally got a hold of both of us, we had already crossed the road and he caught up to us at the front steps of the courthouse! He was freaking out when we ran across the road with the traffic and cars honking! We both got in a lot of trouble doing that! But he was glad we were safe. That was when our parents decided it was time to tell us that there really was not a Sana and they were the ones that bought and put the presents in our home. They still took us every year after that to see Santa, since our little brother still believed in him. Then along came our baby brother!

• Like 3
Just now, Sherye said:

I don't remember this, but my dad and mom use to tell us that my sister and I were scared of Santa when we were young. My dad and my mom took us downtown to see Santa and get pictures with him. They said that I got a glimpse of Santa and off I went running the opposite direction with my sister following me! My dad said that we were fast and he had trouble catching us. By the time he finally got a hold of both of us, we had already crossed the road and he caught up to us at the front steps of the courthouse! He was freaking out when we ran across the road with the traffic and cars honking! We both got in a lot of trouble doing that! But he was glad we were safe. That was when our parents decided it was time to tell us that there really was not a Sana and they were the ones that bought and put the presents in our home. They still took us every year after that to see Santa, since our little brother still believed in him. Then along came our baby brother!

Wait...what? Whaddaya mean there's no Santa?

• Haha 4

Good morning and happy Thursday!  It was a bit chilly outside when I went for my morning walk. It's 28º and yes @kbois, I was bundled up for an Antarctic expedition, complete with ear warmers🤣  I hope that everyone has a great day today and that only good things come your way.  

• Like 4
1 hour ago, spyke said:

Good morning and happy Thursday!  It was a bit chilly outside when I went for my morning walk. It's 28º and yes @kbois, I was bundled up for an Antarctic expedition, complete with ear warmers🤣  I hope that everyone has a great day today and that only good things come your way.  

I definitely would've worn socks for that walk! We only dropped down to 44 this morning and it's supposed to go up to 75 today. Flip flops are back on on my feet are happy they can breathe again!😆

Have a good day everyone!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Sherye said:

My nephew and his wife are proud parents of a whopping baby girl, Hadley Ray Hall, 7 lbs 10 ozs this morning!

Congratulations! What wonderful news for you and your family. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

It's so funny because I didn't grow up believing in Santa and so my older child didn't have that either. Little One:  I've relaxed a bit and now we just talk about how Santa is a Christmas tradition but that he isn't a real person.  He's a character like the ones in his shows. 

I love your outlook. I wish I hadn't been raised in a religious upbringing and could've formed my own opinions as I matured. It's hard to come to terms with basically denouncing everything you were taught. It took a while but I'm finally comfortable with what I believe. No matter if it's religion, sexual orientation or gender identity, politics or anything really, if you're not conforming with the accepted "norm" other people will judge. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Blood pressure has been high the last 6 days -- very high (compared to what it was) the last 4.  Worry about bp does not help ones bp.  :(

Sorry  Fae. It sucks when you try to do whatever you can to keep the bp down, but your body just doesn't want to cooperate. 

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..