The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
16 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

I’ve heard that, too. I’ve left the back gate open hoping the pair of foxes around here - I’ve only see one, but my neighbour has seen two - will investigate this new space and leave their scent behind, but so far, no luck. There is an outdoors store that sells it, so that’s also something I’ve been thinking about trying. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Sherye said:

I am not liking this cold weather we are having here. I want to move to the equator where it is warm. Then move back here around March! Well, I would, but I can not afford to move on the small Social Security check I get every month. BOO HOO! Guess I will have to bear it again this year just like all of the other 65 years! The older I get, the harder it is on my body! I love cool weather but hate cold weather. I also hate hot weather but love warmer than cold weather! Can not find a happy medium!

I don’t like extreme temps either. When I’m feeling cold, nothing beats hot chocolate. Just saying... 

While it hasn’t been overly warm, it is warmer than normal temps for me - 10C/51F. Have to say though, the guy down the street was wearing shorts while he was cleaning his truck bed, which seemed to be pushing it if you ask me. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

I don’t like extreme temps either. When I’m feeling cold, nothing beats hot chocolate. Just saying... 

While it hasn’t been overly warm, it is warmer than normal temps for me - 10C/51F. Have to say though, the guy down the street was wearing shorts while he was cleaning his truck bed, which seemed to be pushing it if you ask me. 

Well tonight it will get be low 28F. Not sure what that is in celsius.

• Like 4

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to say Good Morning

glad to be working from home today 

- didn’t have to shovel walk 

- didn’t have to warn the car up 

- didn’t have drive in snow

Just had to go from kitchen to office.

This working from home does have advantages.

So how has your day been?

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to say Good Morning

glad to be working from home today 

- didn’t have to shovel walk 

- didn’t have to warn the car up 

- didn’t have drive in snow

Just had to go from kitchen to office.

This working from home does have advantages.

So how has your day been?

Good morning Rick! I haven't been outside in the 28F weather yet but will have to in 30 minutes to go to another town to get my driver's license renewed. My town DMV office have the rudest people there!

• Like 4

We will have our coldest morning in a while on Wednesday. A cold front is currently moving thru. We'll be lucky if it hits 60F (15C) tomorrow and when it's time to go into work Wednesday morning it's going to feel like the upper 30s (3C). 

I'm sure I'll see people bundled up like they're about to explore Antarctica. I may have to wear socks. 

Edited by kbois
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
4 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Sounds good so Chris are you guys still on lockdown? we are at level 3 here in my county level 4 ha the highest.

Yeah in full lockdown at the moment. From Wednesday we move out of full lockdown into Tier 3, which is the highest level.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Thank god the peeps at ours are polite. If they had been rude after I sat in line for close to 6 hours you lot would be writing to me in prison!

We would have thrown bail and planned an escape route for you because some of those DMV workers really do need to be slapped!  🤣

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
58 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Just made a lovely Rhubarb and Apple crumble. The crumble mix is ginger and oat.

Sharing that recipe would only make me love you more than I already do! 😁

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, spyke said:

Sharing that recipe would only make me love you more than I already do! 😁

2 Cooking Apples.

400g Rhubarb.

Sugar to taste

Stew the fruit gently and transfer to a suitable dish.

Crumble topping.

100g Oats

100g Ginger Biscuits (crushed to crumbs)

100g Butter

Mix the oats, biscuits and butter to form a crumb like consistency. Sprinkle on top of the fruit and bake for approx. 45 minutes at 180 degrees centigrade.

Serve with either custard or cream.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Just made a lovely Rhubarb and Apple crumble. The crumble mix is ginger and oat.

mmm ... i make one with those two plus sour cherries .. i love sour cherries...  enjoy that.  :D  

• Like 5

So....on my way home from work today I had to wonder what makes people think certain things are ok. 

Example- a good part of my drive is on a six lane highway (3 lanes each direction)with a chicken lane divider in the middle. Speed limit is 45-50mph (70-80 kph?). There's a bike lane about 3 feet wide along the curb. 

You would think that if you had to ride a bike on the road with traffic whipping by you might want to stay as close to the curb and away from traffic as possible (because the sidewalk just won't do). Nope, not in my universe. The cyclist made sure to ride ON THE WHITE LINE. I was in the right lane and couldn't move to the middle. I honestly thought my side mirror was going to clip them. Do you think I would've gotten extra points for stupidity? 🤔

• Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..