The Drop in Centre

17 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

oh, doing okay thanks ... you?   just on a break from work. have to return shortly..  in about 3 weeks i'll have been home for a year...

I'm okay. Been a lot of ups and downs past few months... But things are trudging along. :) 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
26 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Hey Everyone.

I'm alot better after my surgery. I'm still getting the occasional pain, but that's to be expected. Still on painkillers but only when the pain is really bad.

I'm on permanent medication for my kidneys and prostate (it's enlarged and causing some of problems).

Hope everyone is keeping well. I hope all those with snow are keeping safe and warm.

:hug: 

• Love 1

I think I am at that point where I'm sliding off the bone done. 

Work is crazy busy. I'm sorting through files and finding so much stuff we don't need/use. Weekly call with my field manager leaves me mentally exhausted. He only has one speed...full throttle. 

Then I get home and find out my son did something extremely stupid and is finding out the hard way why it's not OK to text inappropriate pictures to a "friend". I just hope that it doesn't cause a major setback with his mental health.. 

*sigh*

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
34 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Hey Everyone.

I'm alot better after my surgery. I'm still getting the occasional pain, but that's to be expected. Still on painkillers but only when the pain is really bad.

I'm on permanent medication for my kidneys and prostate (it's enlarged and causing some of problems).

Hope everyone is keeping well. I hope all those with snow are keeping safe and warm.

Glad to hear you're better.

Amusing prostate story, kinda. I'm old, near 70. I have to get up 2-3 times a night to pee so went to urologist to see if there was a magic pill. I do have an enlarged prostate, nothing too much. Doctor gave me one pill, it did nothing to help the getting up to pee. Sent email, she gave me a pill to help that problem. Instead it made me have to get up every 2 hours, almost on the dot.

I only went because my boyfriend wakes up when I get up and there's nothing worse than a grumpy kid. I keep thinking he'll grow out of it but we've been together practically forever, he's 25 now and still just as grumpy. It does only last a few seconds though so I haven't planted him in the garden.

Stopped taking pill. Better just twice a night than 3 or 4 times a night.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, kbois said:

Work is crazy busy. I'm sorting through files and finding so much stuff we don't need/use. Weekly call with my field manager leaves me mentally exhausted. He only has one speed...full throttle. 

Then I get home and find out my son did something extremely stupid and is finding out the hard way why it's not OK to text inappropriate pictures to a "friend". I just hope that it doesn't cause a major setback with his mental health.. 

*sigh*

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, kbois said:

*sigh*

K, I hope your son can get past this, and come out on the okay side of things. :hug: 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Ryan Jones said:

Sorry to hear that your son did that. I can't even imagine, as crazy as we all were as teens in the 1960s, what we would have done with the technology of today in regards to everything inappropriate. Today everything seems so magnified when in reality it's barely anything.

I did some stupid crap in my teens and thankfully no physical record of it exists. This will pass and hopefully with no lasting repercussions. 

2 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Thanks Chris! 🥰

23 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

K, I hope your son can get past this, and come out on the okay side of things. :hug: 

Me too. He's so impulsive. Has been since he was little. We've talked about this kind of thing and he always said he'd never do anything like that, but it really doesn't surprise me. He's immature for his age and craves acceptance from his peers.

Plus over the weekend my husband finally told one of his sisters what their brother did to our son. She has 2 grandsons and another due soon. We want her to know so she can make sure he's never alone with any little kids. Thankfully she believed us and is fully supportive. So my son knows we told his aunt so I'm sure that's just another whack to his mental psyche. 

I just wish this kind of stuff didn't make me feel like a failure as a parent. He's definitely my more challenging kid. 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Sorry to have been away but i found a cave i didn’t want to leave. Was on auto pilot for a couple of days.  talk with my therapist and we are working on my demons. so things are looking up. Just wanted to drop by.

Take Care

hello rick

good to see you, glad you are talking to someone hope you are feeling a little  stronger every day

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..