The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
24 minutes ago, kbois said:

Tonight I'm all by myself in the house and I open the fridge to get stuff out for dinner, spy the can, all shiny and new and this loud voice in my head says "Just one hit!"

We all know how it ended. 😊🤤

:gikkle:

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thanks. They are fast to make. Michael has ordered 20 for Xmas gifts.  i said, I'll make them You open an Etsy shop.. haha.

If you open an Etsy shop, I'll totally buy one. Those are so precious! I've got this book for knitting little animals and also things like cacti with eyes, they're adorable, but I'm a terrible knitter so they never turned out very well. :P Yours are awesome!

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, kbois said:

Fact: I buy whipped cream in a can maybe once a year, usually during the holidays. Someone gave us an apple pie and my husband said it would be good with some Rediwhip. So I got some. 

Now when my kids were young I'd pull out the can and they'd be on me in a flash "MOM! Just one hit! Pleeeaaazzzzzeee!" And of course I'd cave and create a whipped cream mountain in their big mouths. 

Tonight I'm all by myself in the house and I open the fridge to get stuff out for dinner, spy the can, all shiny and new and this loud voice in my head says "Just one hit!"

We all know how it ended. 😊🤤

Hope y'all had a good day. 

I will proudly stand right next to you and admit my own guilt to this heinous behavior. 🤣

14 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:This is Seamus ...

2021-02-22.jpg

Seamus reminds me of someone with his squigglies sticking up off his head...

Oh yeah, looks like me in the morning!  LOL

I'd purchase both of them if you put them on Etsy.  

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

If you open an Etsy shop, I'll totally buy one. Those are so precious! I've got this book for knitting little animals and also things like cacti with eyes, they're adorable, but I'm a terrible knitter so they never turned out very well. :P Yours are awesome!

Thanks. i like knitting. I'm made a bunch of things. I really like colour work. I watch Arne and Carlos's channel on You Tube and started doing that because of them. During last year they did a daily podcast to try and help people during the first year of Covid. They offered little stranded colour work blocks each week for free. i've knitted several of them and made cushions for my nephew. I like them and also Kate at the Last Homely House.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Hey. We haven't met yet, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry you're going through all this. It sounds very difficult and stressful. Hang in there! ❤️

Thanks I appreciate that! I am Sherye and nice to meet you!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, spyke said:

@Story Reader--

Hate that you're going through all of this. Family dynamics can be difficult and at times they just downright suck.  Take care of yourself and know that we're here for you when you need a shoulder. 

Thanks sweetie!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, spyke said:

I will proudly stand right next to you and admit my own guilt to this heinous behavior. 🤣

Seamus reminds me of someone with his squigglies sticking up off his head...

Oh yeah, looks like me in the morning!  LOL

I'd purchase both of them if you put them on Etsy.  

Seamus is an owl ... i'm going to make a slightly larger version of him.  i've heard that silk pillow cases can help with the  hair thing!  haha .. No, i don't have one. Michael put His foot down there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
14 hours ago, Story Reader said:

Hi everyone. I thought I would come back in and tell you what is going on in my life lately. I know all you you had freezing temps and probably no electricity and now busted pipes. I have the same thing.

i read this last night. i don't write very well when i'm tired so i decided to sleep on it. But that you've been treated so badly and then threatened with a law suit made me very sad.

Compassion for our family and friends should be utmost in our lives. Looking after our older family members should be top of our lists. The young don't realize what they haven't experienced yet ... and when they do, often it's too late.

i hope your step son and step daughter in law, decide to finish the work they started for you, clean up and move on. All this is of their own making. i hope they see that and do the right thing.

i wish i could help in some way. You have all my best wishes.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thanks. i like knitting. I'm made a bunch of things. I really like colour work. I watch Arne and Carlos's channel on You Tube and started doing that because of them. During last year they did a daily podcast to try and help people during the first year of Covid. They offered little stranded colour work blocks each week for free. i've knitted several of them and made cushions for my nephew. I like them and also Kate at the Last Homely House.

That's very cool. My sister-in-law is who tried to get me into it. She picked it up when she was pregnant with my nephew. Now she makes a living at it, publishing knitting books, primarily with clothes for young children. She's also a photographer, so my niece and nephew model the clothes for the books. Which is cool. I just don't have the patience to get good at it. Have I mentioned I'm in the process of possibly getting an ADHD diagnosis? Suddenly my life is explained. 😅

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Story Reader said:

Hi everyone. I thought I would come back in and tell you what is going on in my life lately. I know all you you had freezing temps and probably no electricity and now busted pipes. I have the same thing. My sister has stipulated that my stepson and his wife have to get off the property since they are not paying rent or utilities. And that she will not shell out any more money to me after she has my trailer replumbed. She will be retiring tomorrow so her income will go down a lot. But she knows I have to live here and need water. I can not afford it cause I never made the kind of money she did to get by on and now that I live on my late husband's disabilty he was getting from Social Security then I am still in the same boat I was in when I worked but worse. The thing that happened today was bad. I finally called my stepsons wife when she texted me since my stepson seems to think other people are more important than his stepmom who is living on the same property I am. My sister is the administrator and executor of our dad's estate. I have no say so on what my sister does except if we sell the land. She said neither her, our brother or I own the land cause it is and always will stay in the estate unless it gets sold. But we can throw people off this land if they are freeloading off of one of us. My step daughter in law said she was going to sue us for throwing them off the land. I asked her if she was lying when she told me that they would leave the property if I told them to with no repercussions and no hard feelings. She hesitated and said finally that she was not lying. So I told her the third time that I wanted them to clean up the property that my stepson trashed and for them to find another place to live and move all their stuff off the land. My sister also said she got a hold of her lawyer and told them what was going on. Her lawyer told her that if she sued then there will be arrested for elderly abuse by not helping me at all like they both said they were going to do. Everything my stepson has done for me has never been finished. I still have trim to be put back on my walls, my back porch was never finished, and the wall paneling was never tacked down all the way. He did do my electricity and my plumbing that needed fixed in my bathroom 3 years ago which got finished. I could go on and on about what has happened but I will not do that. I am getting a worse headache now than it was before I started typing. 

I'm sorry that your going through that Sherye. Take care of yourself and I hope you get everything sorted soon. :hug:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

i read this last night. i don't write very well when i'm tired so i decided to sleep on it. But that you've been treated so badly and then threatened with a law suit made me very sad.

Compassion for our family and friends should be utmost in our lives. Looking after our older family members should be top of our lists. The young don't realize what they haven't experienced yet ... and when they do, often it's too late.

i hope your step son and step daughter in law, decide to finish the work they started for you, clean up and move on. All this is of their own making. i hope they see that and do the right thing.

i wish i could help in some way. You have all my best wishes.

My stepson and his wife are not going to help me. My sister is going to. I will be left in the background after this. She just sold her house and moved to another town in Dec and has retired as of today. So she will not help me any more after this. She also wants to have me, our brother and I to sell the land I live on. It is our dad's estate who passed away in 1998. She stipulated that none of us owns it. It will always be owned by our dad unless we sell it.

Edited by Story Reader
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Story Reader said:

My stepson and his wife are not going to help me. My sister is going to. I will be left in the background after this. She just sold her house and moved to another town in Dec and has retired as of today. So she will not help me any more after this. She also wants to have me, our brother and I to sell the land I live on. It is our dad's estate who passed away in 1998. She stipulated that none of us owns it. It will always be owned by our dad unless we sell it.

Sorry you have to deal with all of this. Speaking from experience if your stepson and his wife continue to be an issue and you are the occupant of the land per your dad's estate you could try to have them trespassed next time they give you a hassle about leaving. It works in FL so hopefully the same in TX. You might also want to look into non profit organizations that help with home repairs. If you want some guidance you can pm me and I'll try to steer you in the right direction. I know that seniors have options in Fl and some of the organizations are nationwide.

Family dynamics can really suck sometimes. Good luck dealing with all of this. 

• Like 4

Is today National Bitch Day and nobody told me? It's been one of those days. Started out on the wrong foot and the snowball is still rolling downhill at full speed. Ugh...

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Oh man. I feel that snowball coming in on me as well. February was hell that's why I haven't been for a while. My parents are being babies again and I had to take care of the house expenditures. It's always like this. I love them a lot. But they can't depend on me every single time! :/

If a huge ass snowball is coming for me, might as well have fun with a snowball fight. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Is today National Bitch Day and nobody told me? It's been one of those days. Started out on the wrong foot and the snowball is still rolling downhill at full speed. Ugh...

oh i hate those days...hope things have improved.

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..