The Drop in Centre

33 minutes ago, kbois said:

I was going to refrain from commenting on my new job until the end of the week, but you know how my life goes.....

I was trolling reddit and this was in my feed. Knowing your penchant for fine spirits, I thought of you.  Now that I've read your post, there's no question that you need this. 

Peanut butter cup in a cup

• Love 4
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

yes Sir this one is every Wednesday afternoon

good to hear from You Sir

Emails exist so one doesn't have to verbally discuss. Otherwise, they're just redundant meeting notes.

Hope you're doing well, molls.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, MacGreg said:

Emails exist so one doesn't have to verbally discuss. Otherwise, they're just redundant meeting notes.

Hope you're doing well, molls.

and this one gets discussed twice after it gets sent, once with the customer and once internally

i'm well, thank You Sir

and You, are You well?

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Good morning all...

This morning I learned how to deactivate the car alarm. Trial by fire as it were, because I hadn’t read that section of the manual. Oh, and it was me who set it off just sitting in the car.

Still have no idea what I hit to make it go off. :P 

• Haha 5

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to stop in and say “Good Morning”

doing fine just working a lot and staying warm. 

2021 seems to be the year of weather issues this last week we have had 2 snow storms both with 8 + inches of snow and cold.  things don’t look good this weekend we will get another major storm of maybe double this amount. 

the stores were a zoo no milk / bread / beer / toilet paper. people hear “snow” and they loose all common sense. 

Stay warm

So how are things with everyone?

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

the stores were a zoo no milk / bread / beer / toilet paper. people hear “snow” and they loose all common sense. 

Could be worse. Last spring TP was hitting the black market.

Good news is will get my truck back this afternoon. Bad news is both batteries needed to be replaced. 36 month warranty on the old ones. Guess when they were last replaced? Yup, 37 months ago.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
29 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

So how are things with everyone?

Good morning, rick. 

Today, it’s mild and sunny with bright blue cloudless skies . Knock on wood, but it’s been quite snowless in my area which is unusual for February. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
On 2/11/2021 at 9:56 AM, Reader1810 said:

Today, it’s mild and sunny with bright blue cloudless skies . Knock on wood, but it’s been quite snowless in my area which is unusual for February. 

I should have knocked a little harder... 

It’s a winter wonderland out there this morning, and it’s still snowing.

Oh wells, I don’t have to go outside today, so I’ll just enjoy how pretty it looks. 

Oh, and good morning DiCers! :) 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 5

It's official. My brain has converted to pure sludge. I  don't think I've been this mentally exhausted in quite some time. 

I stood at my kitchen counter this morning getting ready to leave, mentally ticking off .. keys? ✔ phones? ✔ thumb brace? ✔ mask? ✔ purse ✔... and off I go. Several of you are now whispering to yourself "oh no. She forgot coffee". Sure enough, 2 miles down the road I reach for my Tervis and...."oh shit". It was Dunkin's to the rescue. I made it to work still in human form. 

HOA is taking care of George the security nazi. Another resident called me to let me know that her brother was trying to stay with her after being kicked out by his wife. Dude had the balls to change the address on his license to here at the park. Ummmm...no. He left his truck with expired tags in my parking lot. I just watched the tow truck haul it outta here. I'm not playing. 

Half day tomorrow and then I can collapse into a pile of goo. 

Have a good day everyone!

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator

Just looked at the weather report again - so glad I can stay in today.

14-23 cm (4-9 inches) has already fallen with 10-15 cm (3 to 6 inches) more to come. Looking at the hedge outside, my area is on the high side of the snow level. Winter has arrived...

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Just looked at the weather report again - so glad I can stay in today.

14-23 cm (4-9 inches) has already fallen with 10-15 cm (3 to 6 inches) more to come. Looking at the hedge outside, my area is on the high side of the snow level. Winter has arrived...

University announced this morning that they will be going virtual (including staff working from home) and not closing, "in case of inclement weather".  The other Uni in state IS closing and giving staff Administrative Leave.  :(

• Wow 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..