The Drop in Centre

15 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I understand. My point was they should help you, because they are wrong.  If they are even slightly decent, they should.

Would it be worth selling the land? Would it make your life better possibly? Maybe contact kbois and see what options some non-profits could do for you.

And now, i'll be quiet and send you all of my best wishes.

I can not find a place with my background. I have just this place to live on. I talked to my step grand daughters' mom earlier and they may want to buy the land and since my neighbor behind me only wants a acre of the land then then they will sell it to him. My sister will not sell it one acre at a time. She wants to sell it all together to one person.

Edited by Story Reader
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, kbois said:

Is today National Bitch Day and nobody told me? It's been one of those days. Started out on the wrong foot and the snowball is still rolling downhill at full speed. Ugh...

Now that you mentioned that, now I am wondering if it is. Nothing has gone my way in a long time especially with my sister. She says one thing and then another and then she says something else and I am so confused and angry at her. A friend of mine asked me, "Is she bipolar?" I told him I always wondered about that myself with her.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Solus Magus said:

If wine doesn't do the trick, maybe chocolate will. :P 

I need the chocolate to help with the headache I got from the wine. (They didn't have much of a whiskey selection). It was a fun evening. Nice to be out in the open and the sunset was pretty. Narrowed dinner down to Mahi Mahi and crabmeat with roasted veggies or Bourbon Salmon with mashed potatoes and asparagus. Wonder which one I chose? 🥃🤔

• Haha 4
6 hours ago, kbois said:

I need the chocolate to help with the headache I got from the wine. (They didn't have much of a whiskey selection). It was a fun evening. Nice to be out in the open and the sunset was pretty. Narrowed dinner down to Mahi Mahi and crabmeat with roasted veggies or Bourbon Salmon with mashed potatoes and asparagus. Wonder which one I chose? 🥃🤔

Thanks for sharing the details of your craving. Sadly, I can only receive the power of that craving through here. But not the stuff I am now craving for. 🥲🤤

• Haha 3
9 hours ago, kbois said:

If you do a couple of Reddi-wip shots, you don't get a hangover from wine. 🤣

• Like 1
1 hour ago, spyke said:

If you do a couple of Reddi-wip shots, you don't get a hangover from wine. 🤣

The headache actually started yesterday morning. The wine just gave it a push. I get these headaches that last 4 or 5 days when I'm stressed. My son discovered the Rediwhip, so I doubt there's any left. 

Today's a new day, so despite the hammer in my brain I'm going to make the best of it. 

It's also my mom's 90th birthday today. ❤

Have a good day!

Edited by kbois
  • Like 3

@Reader1810. A few weeks ago you said that my life sounded like an adventure and I said no, it really wasn't. I hereby rescind that declaration. In the past three weeks I  have had more adventures with my new job of Ringmaster of a three ring circus than I could ever imagine. The monkeys are mine and I have to deal with them. I get it. It's part of the job. I may end up in a straight jacket by the end of the year, but hell,  it just might be worth the ride.

My latest monkey is pissed at me because I won't open the pool at the crack of dawn so she can swim by herself. (The HOA handles it, not me. The company pays to heat the pool and the cover isn't taken off unless it's 70 degrees). No less than six messages on my voice-mail, each progressively more nasty. The final one stating that I will never verbally abuse her again. (I told her 'no' nicely and the reasons why.) 

I am now keeping track of all this and it's starting to morph into a story line. So when I'm done with writing the one I'm working on....voila! New voices to join the ones already floating around my head.

I have a feeling that the work adventures just won't stop with this job! 🤭🤣🙄🤔🙄🤦‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, kbois said:

@Reader1810. A few weeks ago you said that my life sounded like an adventure and I said no, it really wasn't. I hereby rescind that declaration. In the past three weeks I  have had more adventures with my new job of Ringmaster of a three ring circus than I could ever imagine. The monkeys are mine and I have to deal with them. I get it. It's part of the job. I may end up in a straight jacket by the end of the year, but hell,  it just might be worth the ride.

My latest monkey is pissed at me because I won't open the pool at the crack of dawn so she can swim by herself. (The HOA handles it, not me. The company pays to heat the pool and the cover isn't taken off unless it's 70 degrees). No less than six messages on my voice-mail, each progressively more nasty. The final one stating that I will never verbally abuse her again. (I told her 'no' nicely and the reasons why.) 

I am now keeping track of all this and it's starting to morph into a story line. So when I'm done with writing the one I'm working on....voila! New voices to join the ones already floating around my head.

I have a feeling that the work adventures just won't stop with this job! 🤭🤣🙄🤔🙄🤦‍♀️

No idea what it is you do but the only practical solution to annoying people is to plant them in the garden.

Happy birthday to your mother. Mine would be 99 this year, had she remained alive.

We can't have Rediwhip in this house. If we do then my boyfriend reverts to a teenager again and we both end up incredibly sticky. When I need whipped cream with a dessert I just make my own!

As for headaches, I very seldom get one, if I do then an Excedrin Migraine (or the generic) gets rid of it quickly.

Edited by Ryan Jones
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Ryan Jones said:

No idea what it is you do but the only practical solution to annoying people is to plant them in the garden.

Happy birthday to your mother. Mine would be 99 this year, had she remained alive.

We can't have Rediwhip in this house. If we do then my boyfriend reverts to a teenager again and we both end up incredibly sticky. When I need whipped cream with a dessert I just make my own!

As for headaches, I very seldom get one, if I do then an Excedrin Migraine (or the generic) gets rid of it quickly.

I just got promoted to property manager for a 55+mobile home commuity.. aka I'm a glorified babysitter for old folks with waaayyy to much time on their hands...lol. it's challenging, but I like it so far. High schools don't have as much drama!

Headache has dialed back a bit. Still there...but more of an annoyance than anything. 

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Just imagine how good it would/could be if everyone followed this advice. 

Good one, tim. :) 

i think if people did the right things.. most of the worlds ills could be fixed.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Ryan Jones said:

We can't have Rediwhip in this house. If we do then my boyfriend reverts to a teenager again and we both end up incredibly sticky. 

And just what exactly is the down side to this? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i think if people did the right things.. most of the worlds ills could be fixed.

Reminds me if another quote I often see posted...(you've probably posted it here already):

No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.  

You're right about people doing the right thing....it's just too bad that so many either choose wrong or in many cases, were never taught right from wrong. 

Thanks for sharing tim. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, spyke said:

And just what exactly is the down side to this? 🤣

Well, I guess there really isn't a downside to it now that you mention it.

On the same note, my boyfriend and I were visiting my son and grandkids back a few years ago and we went to a restaurant in Amsterdam for our 5th anniversary and his 21st birthday where all the food was served on a cute guy who was laid out in front of us. They did only use his chest and stomach areas for the food though. Everything was cut in bite sized pieces and for some reason they didn't even give us a knife! 

The dessert was this gooey soft chocolate brownie with really warm chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream and as we were finishing up the guy acting as our plate/table suggested we could lick the remainder off him.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, kbois said:

We now have 3 potential people that we interviewed. Gotta set up seconds and then decide. All three are good so it's going to be hard. 

This decision is easier than you think. The first one who can handle and permanently get rid of your crazy "open the pool at dawn for me" resident gets the job.  Let them have at it.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Got my first vaccination today. Moderna. So you have to wait 28 days for the second vaccine. This was the best run site I've seen. Most of the site I saw on the news had these long lines of people waiting outside, this place had big signs all over the parking lot telling you not to get in line until 10 minutes before your appointment. Now I'm just waiting to see if I get any side effects. Already have the second appointment for Mar 30th.

A doctor told me years ago that when I got the flu shot, if I exercised the arm it would help disperse the vaccine and lessen the chance for a sore arm. So I was doing all kinds of swinging the arm around exercising while I waited the 15 minutes to make sure I didn't have a serious reaction.

I figured I deserved a treat so I went to this acclaimed local donut shop near the vaccination site and got myself 6 glazed chocolate frosted donuts. Not a one of them made it to my house and it was just a 15 minute drive.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
15 minutes ago, Ryan Jones said:

I figured I deserved a treat so I went to this acclaimed local donut shop near the vaccination site and got myself 6 glazed chocolate frosted donuts. Not a one of them made it to my house and it was just a 15 minute drive.

It’s good to treat yourself every now and again. 

My brother got his first shot of the Moderna vaccine a couple of weeks ago, and didn’t have/hasn’t had any side effects.

I’ll be getting the Pfizer vaccine, but I have no idea when that will be, because the over 80s appointment sign up is only starting tomorrow, so I think I’ve got a bit of a wait for my turn. 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..