The Drop in Centre

@Ryan Jones - hope the testing goes ok

This morning was the lowest temp in 122 years in Oklahoma City; the high yesterday was colder than the previous record low.  Issues with natural gas wells freezing up, increased demand for both gas an electric (most of the plants around here use gas to make electric) has them threatening rolling blackouts in about half the country. They sent out an update yesterday that it's possible we could have, "service interruptions" w/o any forewarning.  :(

• Like 1
  • Wow 4
16 hours ago, kbois said:

I lost my car keys on the Superman coaster there not long after we moved to Maryland. Had one of those keys with the computer chip. Had to wait for my brother in Mass to send me a new one. The local dealer wanted over $100. My brother worked at a dealership at the time so he got me one for free. After I got it we found a magnetic hide-a-box with a spare key 🤪

I've never been there. The little twerpy fuck that owns the former Redskins owned Six Flags so I refused to go because of that. I don't want to give him even 1 cent of my money since he's screwed up the team so badly! Glad you had the brother to send you a new key!

• Like 3

Be careful of auxiliary heating methods. Fumes can be a bitch.  

Read somewhere if you put a clay pot upside down on  a couple bricks leaving a space between bricks and put several tea light candles under it heats the immediate area pretty well. Be careful of the critters though.  A friend managed to light her cats tail with an unguarded candle. Fortunately the cat was not seriously hurt.

Edited by Kitt
clarity
  • Like 5
4 hours ago, Ryan Jones said:

I've never been there. The little twerpy fuck that owns the former Redskins owned Six Flags so I refused to go because of that. I don't want to give him even 1 cent of my money since he's screwed up the team so badly! Glad you had the brother to send you a new key!

Jack Kent Cooke was one of a kind. The new owner...well you said it best. There was nothing, absolutely nothing better than seeing a Redskins game at RFK. When the fans got wild, you could feel the stadium shake. If you had tickets, church always took a back seat to the Redskins playing at home on a Sunday, and God understood. 😁

Edited by spyke
  • Like 4

Good morning!

I hope everyone is ok and thawing out. We've got rain again. But that's ok. We're doing interviews this week to find a replacement for me (my old position).  It's hard trying to find your clone...lol.

So farthe kids in the park have been behaving. My biggest issue has been the AC in the clubhouse not working. Luckily it's the fan motor and an easy (and relatively cheap) fix. 

Stay warm and dry and have a good day!

• Like 2
On 2/16/2021 at 7:14 AM, kbois said:

Good Morning everyone!

Hope everybody is doing okay with all the extreme weather going on. 

It's still unseasonably warm here, but rainy. Rain at this time of year makes the roads slick when it mixes with oil residue that's built up over the past few dry months. 

Stay safe and warm.

We have an additional 5-1/2" of snow this morning on top of the 6"-8" of snow we got the last round, and could get another1" before it's over.  At least the temp this morning is above 0F.  Power grid is below the critical level, so there hopefully won't be any rolling blackouts [ahem, "controlled service interruptions"] today like there have been in some areas the last few days.

The sky last night at around 11:30pm was beautiful though -- it was bright. Like full moon w. a clear sky bright. Lights were reflecting off the snow on the ground and the thick clouds above. No wind, and SP said it was extremely quiet when he stepped outside for the last time to let our furry child go potty before bed.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, chris191070 said:

I've been awake since 3am. Insomnia is back again, still getting some pain but on the whole feeling alot better.

Sorry to hear about your insomnia, but very glad to hear your feeling better. Take it easy and keep letting your body heal on it's own time and terms. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'm thankful that the weather forecasters didn't become doctors or they would have killed most of their patients. We were supposed to have 2" of snow, followed by sleep and/or freezing rain. Instead we have had no snow, just the sleet/freezing rain.

Received both email and text from my Covid vaccination site that they would be closed today and it was automatically rescheduled for March 3 at the same time. Not sure why they had to wait 2 weeks to reschedule. I'll keep checking other places to see if I can schedule quicker. The vaccine has started to show up at a lot of drug store and grocery store pharmacies now.

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Me and the Hubby have now both had our first Covid Jabs.

The vaccination program in the UK 🇬🇧. Is running amazingly well, so far over 16 million people have received there first jab.

welcome to the club i got my COVID shot Monday. not sure if they told you but for about 2-3 days you will feel tired / achy but on the 3 day it all stops. That is what happened to me. You make be different so good luck.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, rickproehl said:

welcome to the club i got my COVID shot Monday. not sure if they told you but for about 2-3 days you will feel tired / achy but on the 3 day it all stops. That is what happened to me. You make be different so good luck.

Yeah, was warned about that. They said it can vary depending on which vaccine you get.

• Like 3

I saw this posted anonymously on someone's Facebook page and I  really like it so I thought I'd share:

"There is no statute of limitations on starting over. Re-invent yourself every day. Be the person who walks barefoot and listens to the blues. Tomorrow, wear a trench coat and speak fierce truths. Be a phoenix. Be ashes. Burn down. Resurrect. Let go of the idea that you must always be who you have always been." 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..