The Drop in Centre

11 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Things are a bit mixed this morning (blog post explains some of that).

I've got my 2nd shot, SP has his 1st; my brother and sister-in-law got their second.

I'm sorry for your loss Fae. Take care of yourself. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Things are a bit mixed this morning (blog post explains some of that).

I've got my 2nd shot, SP has his 1st; my brother and sister-in-law got their second.

Sorry for your loss Fae, take care of yourself x:hug:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, kbois said:

Hey all, it's been a rough-ish week. Every plant that's not a palm tree has decided to crank out pollen in copious amounts the past couple of weeks. 

Pine pollen storm yesterday. Every time the wind blew there was so much pollen that it got foggy outside. More of the same today. Last year wasn't as bad but spring started at the end of January and didn't really let up until mid May. This year it's kicking my tail. 

• Like 4

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just thought i would drop in and wish everyone a “Good Morning”

and a Productive Week.

The local news had a segment on the COVID  shot card. They are suggesting to take a cell picture of the front and back and to have it laminated after you get your second shot. i can see the logic of it. the card will be important.

We had a meeting and we are going back to the office August 1. i have gotten used to working from Home. 

So how are things with everyone ?

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hope everyone had a good day mine was busy with laundry & meal prep for the week

FB_IMG_1616978418165.jpg

I rested today. I'm still not feeling great but it's getting better. I'm hoping that I'm back up to 100% before my regional manager comes back down to train me. I need to have all pistons firing to deal with him. Upper management never tells us exactly when they're going to show up, but our bets are on this week. Next week at the very latest. 

Enjoy the rest of your night!

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
22 minutes ago, kbois said:

I rested today. I'm still not feeling great but it's getting better. I'm hoping that I'm back up to 100% before my regional manager comes back down to train me. I need to have all pistons firing to deal with him. Upper management never tells us exactly when they're going to show up, but our bets are on this week. Next week at the very latest. 

Enjoy the rest of your night!

:hug: I hope you feel better soon, K. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I saw this today and it made me laugh.....

A shark biting a human thinking that it's a seal is like a human biting an oatmeal raisin cookie thinking it's chocolate chip. 

Enjoy your afternoon!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, Ryan Jones said:

The heel is filled with a red liquid that includes one whole drop of human blood.

Is there a reason for this strange - to me, anyway - additive? 

I think I need to have a chat with Mr. Google...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Ryan Jones said:

On another note, I managed to get through in the 1 minute before the shoes sold out today to get myself a pair of the Lil Nas X Satan shoes. Cost? $1018. Already on Ebay for prices from $1900 - $3000. Only 666 pairs made, each one individually numbered. The heel is filled with a red liquid that includes one whole drop of human blood.

Just out of curiosity.....why?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kbois said:

Well, I like weird shoes for one thing. I mostly buy Converse shoes, in 2019 I bought 27 pair. Last year because of Covid I only bought 4 pair. These were the first shoes I've bought in 2021.

These shoes just look so cool with the pentagram, the soles filled with red ink (simulating blood) along with the one actual drop of blood mixed with the ink. Plus imagine the faces of my southern Baptist NC relatives when I show up later this year at our annual pre Christmas dinner. That alone is worth the $1018. Of course it could also cause a lot of comments at the poker room when I start back playing in May, I'll have to locate some devilish socks though. lol

I could always just flip them for a substantial profit too although I've never actually done that. If I buy shoes, I wear them.

satanshoes.png

satanshoes2.png

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
3 hours ago, kbois said:

They relate to his new single, a song to his 12-year old self, "Montero (Call Me by Your Name)"

He was criticized that it wasn't appropriate for children and his response was that it was never intended for children.

Nike is also filing some form of legal action concerning the shoes

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

They relate to his new single, a song to his 12-year old self, "Montero (Call Me by Your Name)"

He was criticized that it wasn't appropriate for children and his response was that it was never intended for children.

Nike is also filing some form of legal action concerning the shoes

The suit isn't likely to work too well since they've never cared before what this company did to their shoes. I hope not, who cares what Nike says? That's like Chevy saying you can't restomod one of their cars after you've bought them and then later resell it. Happens all the time at the Barrett Jackson auto auctions.

They never used Nike in the advertising, they did use it to describe what the base of the shoe was, like the chassis of a car.

Typical of people who think they have a corner on morality when their religions have caused more deaths than anything else created by man. Fuck them. Without lubrication!

(This rant not aimed at you Fae)

Maybe I need some weed.... lol

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Ryan Jones said:

The suit isn't likely to work too well since they've never cared before what this company did to their shoes. I hope not, who cares what Nike says? That's like Chevy saying you can't restomod one of their cars after you've bought them and then later resell it. Happens all the time at the Barrett Jackson auto auctions.

They never used Nike in the advertising, they did use it to describe what the base of the shoe was, like the chassis of a car.

Typical of people who think they have a corner on morality when their religions have caused more deaths than anything else created by man. Fuck them. Without lubrication!

(This rant not aimed at you Fae)

Maybe I need some weed.... lol

seems several parents were upset that their kids loved "Old Town Road" and that somehow meant he could only produce songs for kids.  His response was that OTR was never appropriate for children in the first place: "i literally sing about lean & adultery in old town road. u decided to let your child listen. blame yourself." and "i thought y’all didn’t like political correctness. what happened?"

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

seems several parents were upset that their kids loved "Old Town Road" and that somehow meant he could only produce songs for kids.  His response was that OTR was never appropriate for children in the first place: "i literally sing about lean & adultery in old town road. u decided to let your child listen. blame yourself." and "i thought y’all didn’t like political correctness. what happened?"

Fuck those parents also. Hypocritical bastards (and bitches, don't want to screw up gender slurs) need to figure out why they are such lousy ass parents. I have no sympathy for any of them.

From reading that it's obvious more weed is needed! lol

• Like 1

I'm not sure if these are side effects of the 2nd Moderna shot but I do feel really warm. I have, at most, a half degree higher temp. I'm normally 97.6 but today I'm at 98. Also just a really mild headache. Nothing that would stop me from doing whatever I wanted. I took an Excedrin Migraine and the headache went away. Probably gross overkill for that little tiny headache but I'm that way with most drugs.

Other than that there's nothing new to report. The wedding planner, Justin and his parents and grandparents are handling all the arrangements. My only input lately was to make sure that our clothing has no sequins, glitter and that it doesn't light up. I told him I'd like to just do the full British Morning Suit, with top hats. He seemed excited about that, now to hope it's not some horrendously hot day when we actually do the ceremony.

Don't get it wrong, I am interested and I do go to the meetings with the planner. They are far more into though than I am although I am getting more into the details.

• Like 2

Oy...

I seriously, seriously can't make this stuff up.

I currently have the Sherriffs department in my community arresting a resident for attempted murder. 

I hope my seat belt is buckled tight for this ride!

• Wow 4
42 minutes ago, kbois said:

Oy...

I currently have the Sherriffs department in my community arresting a resident for attempted murder. 

Is it one of the people you've had trouble with before?

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, kbois said:

Oy...

Every day in real estate is an adventure. Some days are more adventurous than others.  You do keep a can of wasp spray close at hand, right? 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, spyke said:

Every day in real estate is an adventure. Some days are more adventurous than others.  You do keep a can of wasp spray close at hand, right? 

I think I need a bulk case of pepper spray. 

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..