The Drop in Centre

1 hour ago, kbois said:

This was my exact text thread with my 18 yr old today:

Me: please call Publix. They left me a message regarding your vaccine appt tomorrow. (Then gave then #)

Him: What was the message about

Me: 😯🤔🙄 (thinking to myself...did the message somehow translate to another language?) ........................... Your vaccine appointment 

Him: what's the number? 

Me: (head is now banging against desk) look at my first message 

Him: Ok

Me: let me know what it's about. 

Him (ten minutes later) it's all set

Me: good, I'll leave at three then. 

Him: today?

Me: TOMORROW!!!

An hour later my phone rings. It's the pharmacy at Publix about his appointment. He never called them. Thankfully they just needed to verify some information. But this was the exact moment that all the air left my lungs in a 'whoosh' and I threw in the towel and conceded utter defeat. 

When I got home he just looked at me and laughed. I looked back at him and lovingly muttered 'idiot' while rolling my eyes. 

Happy Birthday Ryan!!

kids

• Like 3
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just thought i would drop in and say Good Evening. 

this has been a week with 3 Monday’s 

hope your week has been better.

i'm so sorry to hear that rick :hug:

my week has been OK so far

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

watching the telephone at the edge of the front lawn being replaced. Quite the operation...

You have a telephone on your front lawn?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

You have a telephone on your front lawn?

:rolleyes:

Telephone pole, though I guess now they’re called utility poles.

Currently, there are two utility poles in the lawn as I guess a different crew will do the changeover of the cables and wires then the old pole will be removed. At least, I don’t think the old pole will be left in situ or will it? :unsure: 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 5
15 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Peter called.  Bf has tested positive. 

Peter goes Friday for a test. 

tim is a wreck and I am pretending I'm fine.  

Sorry to hear that but hopefully being positive doesn't mean being sick. I'm convinced there's a genetic component that controls who the virus affects in a severe manner. For example, in rural NC where it's full of Drumpyists, there wasn't as much mask wearing and I've had, at last count, one aunt and uncle (86 and 80) who tested positive, had nothing other than the temporary loss of taste and smell. Both had a lot of preexisting conditions. In addition I've had 10 1st and 2nd cousins who have tested positive, none of them even had that much of a problem.

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

I'm not feeling too bad today, bit of a headache. Poor tim. Nothing happens to him in half measures. Bit of a fever, body aches ... poor guy.  Those are positive things of course, vaccine wise. 

I put a loaf of bread on, sent him for a nap, promising to wake him when it was time to shape it for the pan. he is so much better at those things than I am with my huge paws. Well, I went and looked at him about that time and he was sleeping. I left him. 

It isn't a perfect loaf, but like my boy said, it's bread, it'll be good. 

Hope you're all doing okay. 

Sending hugs to you and tim, hope he feels better soon xx

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MichaelS36 said:

I'm not feeling too bad today, bit of a headache. Poor tim. Nothing happens to him in half measures. Bit of a fever, body aches ... poor guy.  Those are positive things of course, vaccine wise. 

I put a loaf of bread on, sent him for a nap, promising to wake him when it was time to shape it for the pan. he is so much better at those things than I am with my huge paws. Well, I went and looked at him about that time and he was sleeping. I left him. 

It isn't a perfect loaf, but like my boy said, it's bread, it'll be good. 

Hope you're all doing okay. 

I'm sure the bread is fine and your home smells awesome. 

Happy for you both on getting your shots and I'm sorry tim feels crappy. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

I'm waiting for my son to finish his mandatory 15 minute wait after getting his shot. 

Shots are free but I just dropped $90 in the store. At least it's stuff we'll use. 

Have a good evening everyone!

• Like 4
7 hours ago, kbois said:

Shots are free but I just dropped $90 in the store. At least it's stuff we'll use. 

Lol every Thursday I spend 45 minutes at a grocery mega Mart. Its across the parking lot from LittleOne's dance class.  I always buy stuff.

Until just now it's been too cold to wait in the car, and we are not close enough to drive home and then back 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Lol every Thursday I spend 45 minutes at a grocery mega Mart. Its across the parking lot from LittleOne's dance class.  I always buy stuff.

Until just now it's been too cold to wait in the car, and we are not close enough to drive home and then back 

If only this parenting gig came with down time pay. 

And overtime. 

And hazard pay.😄

• Haha 4
4 hours ago, kbois said:

If only this parenting gig came with down time pay. 

And overtime. 

And hazard pay.😄

Maybe mandatory mental health support too? I know my kid made me crazy!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Maybe mandatory mental health support too? I know my kid made me crazy!

Mental heath support is a must. A steady supply of happy pills probably a bonus.

My kids weren't too bad when they were young. Now that they're old enough to fend for themselves? I'm surprised my eyes haven't gotten stuck in the rolled back position!

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..