The Drop in Centre

4 hours ago, Ryan Jones said:

My only input lately was to make sure that our clothing has no sequins, glitter and that it doesn't light up. I told him I'd like to just do the full British Morning Suit, with top hats.

Guess this is out of the question then...

gay_beards_thumb.jpg?resize=650,434

Sorry. I couldn't resist.  Lol

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, kbois said:

I think I need a bulk case of pepper spray. 

Pepper spray is problematic is many areas. They can't say squat about wasp spray and it'll drop someone just as quickly and at a safer distance. 

• Like 3

Christ on a cracker.... what a day!

Not sure if the resident is going to be charged with attempted murder or aggravated assault with a deadly weapon but... in either case I now get to learn the ropes of the eviction process. 

He went after one if the local lawn guys with a loaded shotgun and a knife. Another resident recorded it on her cell phone. So the police have hard evidence. We'll see what happens.

I'm just glad no one got hurt. It's a sad situation however. It seems like this resident is having a mental health crisis or has serious substance abuse issues. Hopefully he'll be properly evaluated and can get some help. 

Things apparently started escalating a few days ago. I heard (but of course can't confirm because it's all rumor mill) that he had been exposing himself, soliciting sexual acts and brandishing his shotgun several times. He also was telling people that he was turning his house into a "mouse house" and was going to do the same to everyone else's homes. His carport was like a scene from 'Hoarders' as was what I could see from the open door to his kitchen area. If we end up getting possession of the home it's going to be a nightmare. 

When I first started hearing these things on Monday I kept telling everyone to call 911 if he kept acting that way. Of course no one did until it escalated today. I wish I could drill it into their heads that calling the police is the first thing that should happen. I'm sure @MichaelS36would agree that the cops would rather come out and assess the situation and find nothing wrong rather than having it escalate to the point where a SWAT team needs to be called in, helicopters are swarming and streets are shut down. (That happened a few years ago with the previous manager next door and ended up in a hostage situation and the hostage taker ended up dead)

After I take my kid to work I think I just might have to kick back with some whiskey tonight. I sorta need it. 

• Wow 4

Hi all, 

Popping by to say hello. Sending good wishes to you. Hope you’re staying well. 

@mollyhousemouse I had a district meeting a couple weeks ago that was supposed to be an hour long. A briefing on new protocols. 2hrs later we were just being briefed. Our Superintendent tends to be long winded, but I feel you on that. 

Take care, everyone. I do miss being around. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
24 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

Hi all, 

Popping by to say hello. Sending good wishes to you. Hope you’re staying well. 

Hi Def *waves excitedly*. It’s good to see you. :D 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hey Wayne

just working hard & waiting for that second vaccine dose. Texas opened up vaccines to anyone over 16 so we'll get the boys in as soon as we can

That’s so good! I’m really happy for you and your family, molly!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hey Wayne

just working hard & waiting for that second vaccine dose. Texas opened up vaccines to anyone over 16 so we'll get the boys in as soon as we can

That's great! Happy for your family, molly!

Meanwhile, someone on our street turned positive again. Oh welp. Not gonna go out for a while. We're still on lockdowns anyway. :(

• Sad 4
1 hour ago, MichaelS36 said:

I am beyond tired of our Provincial government and their weak answer to Covid.  Now we are on an "emergency break".  

It means very little is going to change. 

They know it's illness of our essential workers driving this latest spike, yet, we do nothing to help them. No paid sick time, no vaccines. Frankly, I used to be a proud Canadian. Now? Not so much.  Our true colours are showing. 

Vaccines aren't available to healthcare workers there????

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael isn't talking about our front line medical people.. but they are resistant to the vaccines, many of them are not signing up to be vaccinated.  He is talking about our essential support workers..the ones that package our food etc. Warehouse workers, grocery store workers all those people who keep things running so we can survive. 

Often at minimum wage or without benefits. We have similar issues but apparently not as bad as you guys have it

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael isn't talking about our front line medical people.. but they are resistant to the vaccines, many of them are not signing up to be vaccinated.  He is talking about our essential support workers..the ones that package our food etc. Warehouse workers, grocery store workers all those people who keep things running so we can survive. 

I was under the impression during the Drumpy time that the USA was far behind other countries in vaccinations. Is it possible we're doing okay now? I live in MD, they are saying for everyone 16 and older to preregister and that by mid April they will start vaccinating everyone over the age of 16 who wants it.

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..