Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

• Site Administrator
1 hour ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all. Doc appt in Philly today. We'll evaluate next step in treatment.

Good luck!  I hope it goes well :hug:  :kiss: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Had another pizza at The Filling Station today. The Oktoberfest: Garlic oil, roasted onions and Kielbasa sausage, beer-braised sauerkraut, thin-sliced fresh apples, and a mustard créma.

Sounds delicious...might have to make a homemade version of it...

14 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

I agree with Gary.  :yes:  That sort of thing should be dealt with before placing the property on market, or at least declared in the statement.

Hey, Caz!   :hug:

I thought they were at one of those schools that specializes in maritime education?   :huh:  I must be getting old....  :unsure:

They are doing virtual schooling. They love it, since each of the kids can do what they like. Today, Ash is going with some other homeschoolers to the Tampa History Center and the Plant Museum. Jordan got some books on Naval Architecture and Kipp loves painting. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, BabyXander1990 said:

Sounds delicious...might have to make a homemade version of it...

They are doing virtual schooling. They love it, since each of the kids can do what they like. Today, Ash is going with some other homeschoolers to the Tampa History Center and the Plant Museum. Jordan got some books on Naval Architecture and Kipp loves painting. 

Of all the pizzas I've eaten so far, that one was the best.   :yes:  I'd never had sauerkraut before, but it was very mild, because of the beer-braise.

That sounds like fun. I hope the kids enjoy themselves!

• Like 5
  • Site Administrator
1 minute ago, dughlas said:

It did thanks. My thyroid levels being off the rails is a major issue for the migraines. Until that is corrected we don't know how effective the Ajovy really is so we're sticking it out through another course. I see him again in seven weeks, 5 Nov. By then the thyroid should be back under control. If I still haven't improved there is another approach we can try. Fortunately the weather was very nice. After my appointment I took myself to brunch at a nearby restaurant I really like. From there I strolled several blocks to Reading Terminal Market and bought three cheeses that aren't available locally to share for our shop luncheons. One is a black truffle brie. From there I continued towards the train station. Made a quick stop at a shop that sells hand made soaps. I bought three small bars of a pumpkin ale soap as gifts for the others in the shop. They use pumpkin ale from Dogfish Head brewery in DE. It smells wonderful. I also bought a bar of blueberry soap and a bamboo cloth bathpuff for mum. Her birthday is on the 30th. From there a quick stop at Macy's Center City store. It is in the old John Wannamaker store. The store has a four story open center court with the world's largest pipe organ. Visiting there reminds me of @AC Benus Famous-Barr stories. Finally I headed to the train station. It was a nice walk. Twenty-seven blocks from where I ate to 30th Street Station. 

Sounds like a great day.  The cheese sounds delicious.  I hope everything evens out soon.  :hug: 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Ugh. Halfway through September, and it's 75 F/23.8 C outside.   :puke:

That's about normal for here this time of year. It's currently a bit warm at 79/26°. Fortunately the humidity is at a comfortable level.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Sounds like a great day.  The cheese sounds delicious.  I hope everything evens out soon.  :hug: 

The cheese is great. In addition to the brie I bought a piece of Kaltbach Le Crémeux, a really nice creamy semi-firm cows milk cheese and a piece of Brebis Val d'oc which is a firm sheep's milk cheese similiar to Abbaye du Belloc. Wish I could share.

Edited by dughlas
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Of all the pizzas I've eaten so far, that one was the best.   :yes:  I'd never had sauerkraut before, but it was very mild, because of the beer-braise.

That sounds like fun. I hope the kids enjoy themselves!

They love being home for school. They can go to school in pajamas or in a swimsuit. Kipp is happier doing his lessons at home since he was bullied at his old school. Jordan loves it since he can do his lessons at his pace.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Page Scrawler said:

Ugh. Halfway through September, and it's 75 F/23.8 C outside.   :puke:

I just read that Mount Washington in New Hampshire had 3/4 of an inch of ice at the summit. In the valley below it, it was 51 as the low and 72 for the highs...Winter is coming... and Snowbirds will be back in Florida.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dughlas said:

It did thanks. My thyroid levels being off the rails is a major issue for the migraines. Until that is corrected we don't know how effective the Ajovy really is so we're sticking it out through another course. I see him again in seven weeks, 5 Nov. By then the thyroid should be back under control. If I still haven't improved there is another approach we can try. Fortunately the weather was very nice. After my appointment I took myself to brunch at a nearby restaurant I really like. From there I strolled several blocks to Reading Terminal Market and bought three cheeses that aren't available locally to share for our shop luncheons. One is a black truffle brie. From there I continued towards the train station. Made a quick stop at a shop that sells hand made soaps. I bought three small bars of a pumpkin ale soap as gifts for the others in the shop. They use pumpkin ale from Dogfish Head brewery in DE. It smells wonderful. I also bought a bar of blueberry soap and a bamboo cloth bathpuff for mum. Her birthday is on the 30th. From there a quick stop at Macy's Center City store. It is in the old John Wannamaker store. The store has a four story open center court with the world's largest pipe organ. Visiting there reminds me of @AC Benus Famous-Barr stories. Finally I headed to the train station. It was a nice walk. Twenty-seven blocks from where I ate to 30th Street Station. 

A pumpkin ale for soap? What a waste of a wonderful --

Spoiler

Pumpkin Ale...😀🍺

• Haha 4
8 minutes ago, BabyXander1990 said:

They love being home for school. They can go to school in pajamas or in a swimsuit. Kipp is happier doing his lessons at home since he was bullied at his old school. Jordan loves it since he can do his lessons at his pace.

Or clothing-optional, like the pool.   😀   But I like the part about going at your own pace. Everyone has different skills and strengths, and I think that a system like that would be more helpful to develop those abilities.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, BabyXander1990 said:

A pumpkin ale for soap? What a waste of a wonderful --

Reveal hidden contents

Pumpkin Ale...😀🍺

As much as I like pumpkin pie, I'm not sure I'd want to smell like one.   😀

I like more "natural" scents, like cedar wood, mint, or sage.   :)

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..