Open Club  ·  134 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

54 minutes ago, clochette said:

Massive thunderstorms have just hit with heavy rain though the heat hasn't drop 🥵 

Sure, the rain will help keep the dust down. :yes:

Hi, clo! :hug:

• Like 5
Just now, Marty said:

Sure, the rain will help keep the dust down. :yes:

Hi, clo! :hug:

Hey, Marty! :hug:  Thanks for your lovely review of The Challenge. It was appreciated and I will respond later. :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Hey, Marty! :hug:  Thanks for your lovely review of The Challenge. It was appreciated and I will respond later. :) 

Hey, Gary! :hug: 

You're more than welcome, bro. :yes:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Its been hot here and were having Lighting storms and there staring fires which sucks:yes: Plus lots of smoke not good for me

:( 

17 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Well that's my story and I am sticking to it

Sounds like your clothes will be sticking to you too :) 

• Haha 5

In the ultimate nerdy way, the highlight of my day was the upgrade of my favourite weather app :rolleyes:

Now it is the most accurate and pretty :) 

Had a vote at work today for a 10% pay cut for 12 months or lose 235 jobs. Strictly speaking it’s not a pay cut, rather we are all buying extra holidays but effectively a pay cut. Everyone is a bit emotional about it all, understandably. 

• Wow 2
  • Sad 3
13 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Ok I guess, sleeping is disrupted hence the 3 am visit to GA but doing ok in the cold and wet

Disrupted sleep is my life. Even Cookie sleeps better than I do. :(  Cold and wet doesn't sound so bad, B. I worked cleaning the hay up of the garage floor and wheelbarrowing it into the woods, and the heat made me feel ill.

• Wow 1
  • Sad 4
7 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

In the ultimate nerdy way, the highlight of my day was the upgrade of my favourite weather app :rolleyes:

Had a vote at work today for a 10% pay cut for 12 months or lose 235 jobs. Strictly speaking it’s not a pay cut, rather we are all buying extra holidays but effectively a pay cut. Everyone is a bit emotional about it all, understandably. 

It sounds like an overall decent resolution, though. Saving 235 jobs is a win, right?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Headstall said:

It sounds like an overall decent resolution, though. Saving 235 jobs is a win, right?

Having been through a few remodels and restructures, I like the idea of saving jobs. I will not like the 10% pay cut but it would be better than 100%

I voted yes

• Love 5
  • Site Administrator
3 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Sorry to hear that :hug:  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Site Administrator
41 minutes ago, Marty said:

Well it's late Friday night, and I am now 1/4 of the way through my challenge to take and upload a new black and white photograph every week for 52 weeks...

Reveal hidden contents

50048698712_ffeacd6c77_b.jpg

Those are flowers of Russian Vine (Fallopia baldschuanica). Another common name for it is "mile-a-minute" - apparently because it tends to take over walls very, very quickly.

It's actually covering the remains of the roofs of the two old sheds (along with some white flowered rambling roses). Until it flowered, I thought it was just more honeysuckle. Having now identified it, I'm a bit worried, as apparently it is almost impossible to eradicate, and just takes over just about everything. I think the roots are actually in the garden of the empty property next door, and it has just grown up the 8 foot wall and is hanging over onto my side. Might be a case of heading next door and severing it at the roots, although it would probably just grow up and over the wall again in a few months. I'll make a decision in the late autumn or winter when I get round to clearing the roofs of the two old sheds.

Here's an article about it from the gardening section of the Guardian newspaper, with the headline: "A swine of a vine: why you should plant Russian vine at your peril"

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/gardening-blog/2009/sep/24/gardens1

Beautiful :) 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..