Open Club  ·  134 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

4 minutes ago, Marty said:

To share a YouTube video, bro, all you should need to do is actually copy the URL of the video and paste it in your reply.

That's all I ever do, and it always works for me.

(Using my laptop - not sure if it's different or more difficult using a smartphone or tablet)

It's the same on my phone. I click the share button and choose "copy the link" then come here and paste it in the reply

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Marty said:

And here's a photo taken in the upper garden that shows the hedge I was talking about in my last post a little more clearly:

Future-Plans.jpg

To tell you the truth, I would like eventually to remove that hedge completely and replace it with another stone wall. I have a suspicion there was a wall there originally, if only because it appears that the wall at the back of the garden has some of its stones removed at its the left hand end. I'll know for sure when I clear the ivy from the top of it, and the bushes just this side of it.

But I'm not sure I will ever get round to having a new wall built. :unsure2:

Man Marty it sure coming right along:yes:

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Marty said:

I got a bit more work done clearing the overgrowth above the two old sheds today. Here's how they looked just before dusk this evening:

Progress.jpg

You may notice a few of the slates from the closest shed leaning against the wall of the cottage on the left (most of them are actually stored inside the cottage). I think I shall eventually have to remove the slates from the other shed as well, as they all appear loose, and I reckon that once I have the roof of it cleared the next storm would blow them all off, and probably break them when they land.

If you look on past the neighbouring house on the left of the photo, you should see an overgrown hedge. This is the only boundary of my garden that isn't a stone wall. It is the next project on my to-do list, once I finish clearing the growth on the two sheds. I intend cutting that hedge back so that it won't be overhanging the vegetable garden any more. And I must get that done before the end of next month, otherwise the birds will start nesting, and I would have to leave it till next winter.

WOW! I am impressed! It looks awesome!

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..