Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

20 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

This is for Marty

The Slieve League cliffs in County Donegal, Ireland
The Slieve League cliffs in County Donegal, Ireland

:thankyou: Albert! :thumbup:

A great spot, with great views on a clear day! They're about 80 miles from me, and I've visited them many times; although not in the past 12 months for obvious reasons (Covid).

They're among the highest sea cliffs in Europe, rising 609 metres (1,998 feet) above the Atlantic Ocean. That makes them almost three times the height of the more famous (to tourists) Cliffs of Moher in County Clare, which rise to 214 metres (702 feet) above the Atlantic.

Weather-widget-730x538.jpg
Cliffs of Moher, County Clare, Ireland.

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Love 5

"Remarkably, on the high slopes of Slieve League there are remains of an early Christian monastic site, with chapel and beehive huts. There are also ancient stone remains that suggest that the mountain was a site of pilgrimage before the arrival of Christianity. At Carrigan Head, on the way to the main viewing area, you can see a Signal Tower built in the early years of the 19th century to watch for a possible French invasion. Close to the viewing area you can see stones, which marked out the word “Éire” as a navigation aid for aircraft during World War II."
Quoted from: https://www.ireland.com/en-gb/destinations/republic-of-ireland/donegal/articles/waw-slieve-league-cliffs/

• Love 4

Well it's not far off 1:00 am here, so I suppose it's getting time for my beauty sleep. :yes:

Before I go, I'll leave you all with this song and accompanying video.

And this time, I think I'll simply dedicate it to myself. ;) 

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Marty said:

Well it's not far off 1:00 am here, so I suppose it's getting time for my beauty sleep. :yes:

Before I go, I'll leave you all with this song and accompanying video.

And this time, I think I'll simply dedicate it to myself. ;) 

I can only say WOW:yes:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Page Scrawler said:

Agreed. "Pot calling the kettle black" is an expression used to describe hypocrisy. How does hypocrisy apply to the act of wearing pants?  :huh:

That's what confused me as well, Page. :yes: 

I know Sherye later said that she was joking with Bucket. And, certainly, the first sentence in her reply was funny. It was the later pot/kettle reference that left me totally confused.

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..