Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

47 minutes ago, dughlas said:

It's downright chilly this morning. It was 42/5° at dawn. It's now up to 44/6° but the wind makes it feel like 37/3°. Fortunately it's sunny but forecast is for unseasonably cool weather for the next 48 hours.

Zero degrees here, and only going up to five. A smattering of snow overnight, but tomorrow is supposed to be much warmer. Hey, bro. :hug: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2
Just now, clochette said:

How do you know Steve is the lady, maybe Albert is -_- :whistle:

To be honest, I reckon they are probably both real gentlemen... 

(Although one may be a bit more gentle than the other. :unsure2:

• Haha 5

Today was a nice spring day. Mainly blue skies with the occasional fluffy white clouds. The temperature got up to around 17°C/63°F, although feeling maybe a degree or two lower due to a slight easterly breeze. But that didn't stop me from just wearing a T-shirt with no cardigan whilst out in the garden (and trousers as well, before any of you ask ;)).

I now have a row each of parsnip, beetroot, and early carrot sown in the garden, as well as this year's onion sets. I also sown leek and celery in pots a few days ago. They will be planted in the garden when they are large enough. The broad beans were sown yesterday (I think they are called fava beans across the Pond), and I'm hoping to sow a row of early cropping peas over the next few days (the row of maincrop ones can wait for a number of weeks yet).

The weather is promised to stay reasonably settled into next week. So I'm planning to at least start making the furrows for this year's potato crop. And I really must start sowing the brassicas shortly.

9 hours ago, dughlas said:

It's downright chilly this morning. It was 42/5° at dawn. It's now up to 44/6° but the wind makes it feel like 37/3°. Fortunately it's sunny but forecast is for unseasonably cool weather for the next 48 hours.

8 hours ago, Headstall said:

Zero degrees here, and only going up to five. A smattering of snow overnight, but tomorrow is supposed to be much warmer. Hey, bro. :hug: 

• Love 5

Hello everyone. We are in a 3 day lockdown here after a guy left hotel q and then became positive. A couple of others still in q have also been infected. He stayed in accommodation near work for a few days before flying to Melbourne.

And of course everyone has been out buying toilet paper. I only have 27 rolls here - should I head out to buy some more?

• Like 2
  • Wow 3
1 minute ago, Bucket1 said:

And of course everyone has been out buying toilet paper. I only have 27 rolls here - should I head out to buy some more?

27 Rolls... 3 day lockdown...

I'd say you should be okay. :yes:

Just as long as the lockdown doesn't last one or two days longer. ;)

61be46c4c0c03605a583c78baa9cb02d.jpg

• Haha 5
11 hours ago, Marty said:

27 Rolls... 3 day lockdown...

I'd say you should be okay. :yes:

Just as long as the lockdown doesn't last one or two days longer. ;)

61be46c4c0c03605a583c78baa9cb02d.jpg

I just read that Kimberly-Clark is coping with the biggest downturn in sales in decades. Everyone bought masses of toilet paper, production was increased and now no one is buying.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

It's been an interesting morning beginning in the wee dark hours. Thistle has been out of sorts lately. Not being much interested in eating his usual food he's only eaten small amounts. Yesterday his appetit returned and he ate well at both morning and evening meals. The local independent pet store gave us small sample packs of food for him to try. There was one he seemed to really like so yesterday I bought a 4lb bag. He had that mixed with his other food and cleaned his bowl. About 1:15am he woke me needing to go out. He had a larger than normal doopy. Then we went back to bed. I had difficulty going back to sleep as my head ached. After about 45 minutes I dozed off. At 3am Thistle woke me again needing to go out. He had a second looser doopy then back to bed. At 5am when the alarm went off I thought no it's the weekend we'll sleep another hour. It took 20 minutes of that hour until I dozed off. At 6am we got up. Thistle wanted to go out immediately. He walked to the far side of the yard and promptly threw up. Over the course of the next two hours he had two additional very loose doops. He isn't lethargic, no fever, has an appetite (I fed him 3/4C of rice mixed with chicken which he ate with no adverse effects, he had another 3/4C at noon). Other than the gastrointestinal upset he seems fine. I'm chalking it up to overeating and a new food.

We are expecting rain and have been waiting for it to arrive. Both mum's knees and my head are aching. 

I made a chocolate creme pie. Because I have a headache I chose to use a Pillsbury readymade crust instead of making one from scratch. I was amazed/disappointed/annoyed by how much the crust shrank when blind baked. I started with the crimped edge standing above the pie plate all around only to end up with it about a half-inch below the rim. I couldn't fit all the filling in the crust even with mounding it in the center. Fortunately it's a really good filling, it uses three types of chocolate, and I'll top it with freshly made whipped cream so the finished pie will be good.

Oh, I picked my first snowpeas this morning. I got two pods, one for me and one for mum. We're livin' large.

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..