Jump to content

CoTT 2 House of Cards


Kitt

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Page Scrawler said:

They started dating around September or October 2017, so, about five years, I think?  :)

It seems like yesterday though! 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, clochette said:

It seems like yesterday though! 

Yeah, wasn't it just last week Page was disconcerted because Mickey was wandering around naked?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, dughlas said:

Today would have been my stepdad's 89th birthday and it's the day we celebrate Thistle's 9th birthday.

Happy birthday. To both your Dad and to Thistle. :heart:

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

They started dating around September or October 2017, so, about five years, I think?  :)

Is it 2022 already? :o

:whistle:

:gikkle:

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Marty said:

Is it 2022 already? :o

:whistle:

:gikkle:

As near as I can calculate, it's been 1300+ days, so, maybe closer to 4 years. Maths were never my strong point.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Page Scrawler said:

As near as I can calculate, it's been 1300+ days, so, maybe closer to 4 years. Maths were never my strong point.  :rolleyes:

Where is @Drew Espinosawhen you need him?

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, dughlas said:
1 hour ago, Page Scrawler said:

As near as I can calculate, it's been 1300+ days, so, maybe closer to 4 years. Maths were never my strong point.  :rolleyes:

Where is @Drew Espinosawhen you need him?

I'm not sure. I'm just more confused by the fact that Page has been counting the days...

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Marty said:

I'm not sure. I'm just more confused by the fact that Page has been counting the days...

Well, I remembered that Mickey and Remy started dating in the Fall of 2017. I used this calculator to get a rough estimate of the number of days since the lads started dating. It was 1332 days, give or take.

https://www.calendardate.com/calculator.htm?

1332 ÷ 365 = 3.6 years.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Well, I remembered that Mickey and Remy started dating in the Fall of 2017. I used this calculator to get a rough estimate of the number of days since the lads started dating. It was 1332 days, give or take.

In the time it would take me to use a calculator, I would have just worked something out like this in my head:

  • Fall of 2017 to Spring of 2021 equals 3 and a half years (give or take)
  • One year is approximately 360 days (give or take)
  • 3 times 360 days equals 1080 days
  • Half of 360 days is 180 days
  • 1080 days plus 180 days equals 1260 days
    (give or take)

Close enough to your 1332...

Calculator, schmalculator! :P

 

 

 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment

There's a really useful thing you can do with Microsoft Excel to find the number of days between two dates.

Just enter the two dates into separate cells, and then in another cell just subtract the two cells the dates are in. Excel automatically converts the answer to days.

It's better to subtract the later date from the earlier one, otherwise you'll finish up with a negative number of days.

Days.jpg

So, as you can see, yours truly is 26,896 days old today. :yes:

(I think I'll stick with saying I'm 73 - doesn't make me sound quite as old.) ;)

 

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
32 minutes ago, Marty said:

In the time it would take me to use a calculator, I would have just worked something out like this in my head:

  • Fall of 2017 to Spring of 2021 equals 3 and a half years (give or take)
  • One year is approximately 360 days (give or take)
  • 3 times 360 days equals 1080 days
  • Half of 360 days is 180 days
  • 1080 days plus 180 days equals 1260 days
    (give or take)

Close enough to your 1332...

Calculator, schmalculator! :P

 

 

 

Yes but there are 365 days in a normal year plus an extra for the leap year in 2020 so you shorted your count by a minimum of 18 days. You might want those 18 days at some point down the road. Additionally, we're discussing to young lads for whom those 3+ years are a slightly less than a fifth of their lives.

Oh, and can I borrow £1332, I'll gladly repay you £1260.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Yes but there are 365 days in a normal year plus an extra for the leap year in 2020 so you shorted your count by a minimum of 18 days. You might want those 18 days at some point down the road. Additionally, we're discussing to young lads for whom those 3+ years are a slightly less than a fifth of their lives.

Oh, and can I borrow £1332, I'll gladly repay you £1260.

If you really need £1,332 and have no other way of raising it, bro...

(Although I think I detect a little more take than give there.) :unsure2:

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Today we had a 5.0 earthquake... :blink: 

Good to hear everything's fine. :hug:

But you can thank a fellow American born on this day in 1900, for knowing it was 5.0....

NATIONAL RICHTER SCALE DAY

National Richter Scale Day on April 26th each year honors the birth of the Richter Scale inventor, Charles F. Richter (April 26, 1900 – September 30, 1985).

Richter was an American seismologist and physicist most famous as the inventor of the Richter magnitude scale, which quantified the size of earthquakes. While working at the California Institute of Technology, with Beno Gutenberg, Richter first used the scale in 1935.

After publishing the Richter Scale in 1935, it immediately became the standard measure of earthquake intensity. 
Source: https://nationaldaycalendar.com/days-2/national-richter-scale-day-april-26/

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Gary hasn't visited GA since Friday at 5:30pm my time.

That's three full days...

Just hoping that everything's okay with him... :unsure2:

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Marty said:

Gary hasn't visited GA since Friday at 5:30pm my time.

That's three full days...

Just hoping that everything's okay with him... :unsure2:

I knew he was quiet but didn't realize it was that long.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, dughlas said:

I knew he was quiet but didn't realize it was that long.

Just checked his profile, and this is what I see...

  • LAST VISITED  Friday at 05:30 PM

Edited by Marty
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..