Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

25 minutes ago, Headstall said:

I'm okay. Trying to stay out of the heat as much as possible... and trying to find positive things to think about. :) 

Yeah, it's hot here today, currently 91/33° but feels like 97/36° and they're expecting it to warm a couple more degrees before it begins to cool. Tomorrow is forecast to be the same. I spent a couple hours late this morning trimming and mowing my yard. Have been lazing in the shade with Thistle this afternoon. He's sprawled in the grass snoozing. The ground is moist from the heavy rains we had earlier in the week so it's cooler than his usual spot at the foot of my chaise. I was gonna take him to the petshop to give him a bath but might wait and do it tomorrow. On hot days like this I just towel him enough that he isn't dripping then left him air dry. It cools him off. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, dughlas said:

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAGE!

6 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Happy Birthday Page!

5 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Happy Birfday Page :hug:

4 hours ago, clochette said:

Happy birthday Pagey! :hug:

3 hours ago, Headstall said:

Happy Birthday, Page!

Thank you, everyone.  :D :D

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Yeah, it's hot here today, currently 91/33° but feels like 97/36° and they're expecting it to warm a couple more degrees before it begins to cool. Tomorrow is forecast to be the same. I spent a couple hours late this morning trimming and mowing my yard. Have been lazing in the shade with Thistle this afternoon. He's sprawled in the grass snoozing. The ground is moist from the heavy rains we had earlier in the week so it's cooler than his usual spot at the foot of my chaise. I was gonna take him to the petshop to give him a bath but might wait and do it tomorrow. On hot days like this I just towel him enough that he isn't dripping then left him air dry. It cools him off. 

It's the same here. I just mowed the lawns, and the heat was killer. I was having trouble breathing by the time I put the tractor in the barn. My son took Cookie to the vet yesterday because of her scratching. We didn't know whether it was from the skunk, and subsequent baths, of from anxiety over being separated from all my kids and now being reunited. Her routine has been changed dramatically, and she has scratched out a lot of her coat... no hotspots or bald spots, and only minor irritation according to the vet.  

The vet gave her a steroid shot... said it could be any of those reasons, and we have to give her three pills a day starting tomorrow, for three weeks. Cookie already seems to be scratching a lot less. She weighs 46 pounds, which this vet says is fine for her. She was a vet who is now working with my main vet... I think my vet would say she needs to be about two pounds lighter. :unsure: 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Headstall said:

I'm okay. Trying to stay out of the heat as much as possible... and trying to find positive things to think about. :) 

That's the spirit :hug: even though I know it's not always easy 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Headstall said:

The vet gave her a steroid shot... said it could be any of those reasons, and we have to give her three pills a day starting tomorrow, for three weeks. Cookie already seems to be scratching a lot less. She weighs 46 pounds, which this vet says is fine for her. She was a vet who is now working with my main vet... I think my vet would say she needs to be about two pounds lighter. :unsure: 

Our oldest cat has been pulling her hair out in full tuft. We could literally vaccum 3 times a day! She doesnt has any rash, has been treated for fleas and doesn't carry any. At first I thought it was a bout of depression like she had had last year after mom passed away but a few days ago I checked more thoroughly and found she has dandruff. I've bought a sensitive shampoing which should help calm her. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Headstall said:

It's the same here. I just mowed the lawns, and the heat was killer. I was having trouble breathing by the time I put the tractor in the barn. My son took Cookie to the vet yesterday because of her scratching. We didn't know whether it was from the skunk, and subsequent baths, of from anxiety over being separated from all my kids and now being reunited. Her routine has been changed dramatically, and she has scratched out a lot of her coat... no hotspots or bald spots, and only minor irritation according to the vet.  

Hope Cookie continues to improve.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dughlas said:

Nearly 9pm and 84/29° but with 69% humidity it feels like 90/32°. It's like being back in SC. Thankfully the ac is working.

Full points to the ac - hot during the day is uncomfortable but hot while trying to sleep is horrendous  

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..