Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 3,474 Words
  • 130 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
May contain graphic sex scenes.

Young and Hungry - For Life - 3. Dante

When it became obvious to Jonathan that his ‘gardeners’ were spending less time pulling weeds and more time pulling each other, he declared that he was going to employ a professional gardener before the property went to rack and ruin.

***

During lockdown, it was permissible to attend job interviews but travelling to work at Crystalline daily would be a problem, given that gardening was not considered an essential job. Jonathan arranged for the new gardener to live in. He would be assigned Desmond’s old flat above the garage.

Jonathan used an agency to do the vetting and only one applicant was sent to him for interview. This was merely a formality as Jonathan trusted the agency to choose the right candidate.

A young man turned up right on time, so this impressed Jonathan from the start. He was well dressed, polite, respectful and knowledgeable about gardening, at least as far as Jonathan could tell, given his limited experience with the outdoors. But Jonathan was still the wily employer as well as admirer of attractive young men, so at the conclusion of the interview he asked for a demonstration in the garden. “I want you to turn over the soil in this unused garden bed and prepare it for planting.” he ordered.

“No problem Sir, where are the garden tools?”

The candidate returned from the garden shed with a shovel, fork and rake. Before starting he asked “Is it ok if I take off my shirt?”

“I wouldn’t expect anything less.” replied Jonathan. “Maybe the trousers also, just so you don’t get them dirty.”

“That would leave me just wearing my boxers, Sir.”

“Is that a problem?”

“No, not at all.”

Jonathan watched as he peeled off his leather pants that fit so tightly they appeared to have been painted on.

<>

From the gym window Thomas and Lachlan were watching the activity in the garden and Thomas asked “What’s going on down there?”

“Jonathan is interviewing for a new gardener and I think this is the most important part of the interview.”

“To make sure he’s strong enough to dig the garden?”

“No, to make sure he looks good when he’s doing it.”

“Well, I think he’ll pass that test with flying colours.”

“You’re not wrong” concluded Lachlan.

“What’s wrong with our gardening?” asked Thomas.

“I don’t think we have lived up to Jonathan’s expectations horticulturaly.”

“You don’t think we’ll be replaced in the bedroom as well?”

“From here our situation looks precarious.”

“Mmm, I’ll have to think about that.”

<>

Back on ground level the candidate completed the exercise in thirty minutes and asked “Is that what you want Sir.”

“Oh...what...um, yes of course, excellent work. When can you start work?”

“I could start immediately Sir. The agency told me this was a live-in situation so I brought a bag, just in case I got an offer today.”

“Confident young stud, aren’t you.”

“Yes Sir, confident in my gardening abilities and the other, if required.”

“And why do you think other abilities would be required.”

“Oh I know about this household from the newspapers last year.”

“Oh do you indeed?”

“Will that affect my chances of getting this job?”

“Too late for that, I’ve already given you the job. Now bring your vehicle up to the garage and take your bag upstairs, to the little flat there.”

“Thank you Sir, you won’t regret your decision.”

“I rarely do young man. I always make the right choice.”

“Another man of confidence, I’m going to like working for you.”

<>

Back at the window, Thomas said “Looks like the test is completed. I wonder if he got the job?”

“I guess we’ll find out at dinner tonight. Now, which muscle group are you going to work on now?”

About five minutes later the throaty sound of a Ducati Scrambler interrupted the boy’s workout.

“What the hell is that?” asked Lachlan.

As Thomas looked out the window he answered “It’s a motor bike and if I’m not mistaken I recognise that leather clad butt that just lifted off the seat.”

“Looks like he’s coming up here.”

They both rushed to the top of the stairs and watched the long-legged, leather-clad rider take the stairs two at a time. As he reached the top he removed his helmet and as his dark shoulder length hair fell out he shook his head and let his hair fall naturally. He was wearing, what looked like a three day growth on his face, but his hot Mediterranean looks made Thomas gasp for breath and he finally muttered “Can I help you?”

“I hope so, I’m told by Mr Price there is a flat up here for me to use.”

“And you are?” asked Lachlan.

“Sorry, I’m Dante, the new gardener, what do you do around here?”

“Oh a bit of this and that.”

“Odd job men are you?”

“You could say that. I’m Lachlan and this is Thomas.”

They shook hands as Dante asked “Do I share the flat with you two?”

“Um...no, it’s all yours I guess. If that’s what Mr Price said.”

“Good, I’m not keen on sharing. So where is it?”

“That door beside you.”

Dante opened the door that led to the kitchen/living room and said “Not bad, I can make this work. Is that the bedroom on the other side?”

“Yes, go ahead.”

As he entered the room, he remarked “Looks like the last resident left in a hurry. He didn’t even strip the bed.”

“Oh...yes...we just...I mean, I’ll fix that for you.”

Dante dropped his bag beside the bed, sat on the bed and said with a grin, “Freshly stained sheets and used condoms by the bed; looks like they left quite recently.”

Neither man replied to Dante’s insinuation but Lachlan said “I’ll get Carol to bring fresh linen. In the meantime we’ll let you settle in. Later, you can dine in the kitchen at the staff table. They usually eat around 7.00”

“Thanks guys, I guess we’ll catch up at dinner.”

They both smiled, but did not reply to Dante’s suggestion.

***

As they walked back to the house, Lachlan said “He thinks we’re staff.”

“You may be the owner’s lover, but technically I’m only staff.” replied Thomas.

“Don’t sell yourself short, you were family here long before me.”

“Yeah but my mum doesn’t live here anymore.”

Lachlan laughed and added “So you feel like an abandoned child?”

“Very funny! Now what are we going to do about the Italian stallion up there?”

“What needs to be done?”

“For starters, do we tell him who we are? He’s bound to ask questions at dinner?”

“I think there’s a bit more fun to be had from this situation. How about we join him for dinner in the kitchen?” suggested Lachlan.

“Do we tell Carol and cook first?”

“Let’s not and see if they catch on.”

“What about Jonathan?”

“I’ll tell him we want to eat in the kitchen as a welcome to the household.”

“Good plan.”

<>

Dante arrived right on time for dinner and introduced himself to Carol.

“Pleased to meet you Dante, I’m Carol and this is Cook.”

“Do you have a name cook?”

“Yes, Mrs Cook, but I’ve always been know as Cook around here.”

“That’s easy to remember. Now Carol, the other workers told me you would supply me with clean linen, but they must have forgotten to ask you.”

“The other workers?”

“Yes, Thomas and Lachlan I think they said they were.”

“No problem, I can give you linen to take back with you after dinner, but they’re not st....”

“How’s it all goin’ Dante, met the other staff have you?” interrupted Lachlan.

“Yes the ladies have been most welcoming. Now what were you saying Carol?”

Thomas winked at Carol and shook his head, so she turned and left the kitchen as she said “I’ll get that linen for you Dante.”

“Now let’s get this party started.” said Thomas “Beer or wine, Dante?”

“Whatever you guys are having is fine with me.”

“Good, come with me and I’ll show you the boss’s impressive wine cellar.”

<>

As they entered the cellar, Thomas asked “What’s your background?”

“Why do you ask?”

“I’m thinking, that dark Mediterranean complexion, cheeky smile and the Ducati are telling me not all your ancestors came out on the first fleet.”

“You’re partly right, my Mum’s family were five pound Poms, but my Dad’s family came out from Italy to work on the Snowy Mountains Scheme in the 50s.”

“I knew it and the reason I asked is Mr Price has a small collection of Italian wines over here. So make a selection.”

“Are you sure the staff are allowed to help themselves to the wine?”

“No problem, how about this?” Thomas read from the label “The superior local clone of Trebbiano is gently foot-trodden, wild-yeast fermented, then aged for two years in small cement vats, and finally bottled unfiltered. No added sulphur. Five years into its life and it is only getting started. This will reward the patient - cellar to personal taste.” He showed Dante the bottle and added “I think it’s cellared long enough, time for liberation.”

Dante took the bottle and read “Emidio Pepe Trebbiano d'Abruzzo. Fuck, do you know how much this wine costs?”

“No”

“I know this wine, my dad was given a bottle for his fiftieth birthday, it’s not cheap.”

“It doesn’t matter. Every bottle costs the same in this store, zilch.”

<>

When they returned to the kitchen, Lachlan asked “What did you select guys?”

“Well, as a special honour we have chosen an Italian number, just like our new staff member.”

Carol then returned with a pile of linen, put it aside and said “Dante, I’ve chosen some linen for you. After dinner I’ll go back with you and make up the bed for you.”

“No need for that, I can manage.”

“Not at all, it’s my job.”

“Even for the gardener?”

“It will be my pleasure to help and make you feel welcome.”

“Thank you Carol, I think I’m going to like this place.”

<>

While Carol took Jonathan’s dinner to him, cook served the staff meal.

“Wow, this is a pretty impressive spread, do you always eat this well here?”

“Of course, replied Cook, Mrs Price used to insist on it and I see no reason to change now unless Mr Price gives different instructions.”

Lachlan then poured the wine and proposed a toast “With this wine I want to welcome our newest staff member and hope they both live up to expectations.”

They all took a sip, then Carol said “Well, the wine has passed the taste test and I’m sure Dante will also.”

Cook gave Carol a sideways look, but did not need to follow up with words.

Part way through the meal Carol said “Thomas, did you only bring one bottle of this delicious wine, among five people that’s only one glass each.”

“Sorry, I’ll get another bottle.”

As Thomas attempted to rise, Carol stood and said “No, I’ll get it.”

“Do you know where it is?”

“Probably not, so you had better come and show me Dante.”

A surprised Dante replied “Oh..yes...of course. I think I remember.”

As they left the room the remaining three raised their eyebrows in unison.

“I despair of that girl sometimes.” said Cook.

“Oh don’t be such an old crone Cook. Let the girl have some fun, while she can. It won’t last long.” scolded Thomas

“Why do you say that?” asked Cook.

“She deserves to have some fun, she doesn’t get out enough.”

“Not that, the bit about, it won’t last.”

“Cook, maybe you need to get out more. The man obviously bats for our side.”

“No! He’so tall dark and handsome. And besides I hear he rides a powerful motor bike.”

“Your point being?”

“He can’t be like you two, he seems so manly and I saw his muscles when he was digging the garden....Sorry, I didn’t mean that the way it sounded gentlemen.”

“I’ll let the slight on us pass for now if you want to place a wager on it.”

“You’re on boyo. I may be just a humble cook, chained to the stove, but I know a real man when I see one.”

“Then show us the colour of your money, Cook.”

“I had something different in mind.”

“Such as?”

“If I win, you cook and serve for a week, while I play lady of the house.”

“And if I win?”

“Then Dante will be your prize.”

“Fair enough, bet accepted.”

When Cook was serving dessert Thomas asked her “What’s keeping those two?”

“Maybe Carol is winning the bet for me, already.”

“Oh dream on.”

“Anyway, here they are now” said Lachlan.

“Well, you two took your time” accused Thomas.

“Us?...Well Dante had difficulty finding the right spot.”

Thomas grinned at Cook.

“But he eventually found it.” Carol continued, and Cook returned the grin.

“So where’s the wine?” asked Lachlan.

“Oh..the wine...” stammered Carol.

“Right here” replied Dante as he produced the bottle from behind his back “And it’s the last one.”

“Oh what a shame” replied Thomas.

“Yes it is quite a good vintage.”

“I meant you and Carol won’t need to go fumbling around the cellar anymore.”

“What are you suggesting?” asked Carol.

“Who me? Nothing at all.... this dessert looks delicious Cook.”

<>

At the end of the meal, Dante said “Well thank you Cook for a great meal and thank you all for welcoming me to the household. Now, I think I’ll have an early night, it’s been a busy day.”

Dante rose from the table and went over to the linen Carol had put aside earlier and asked “Is this the linen for me?”

“Yes” replied Carol, “I’ll come with you and make up your bed.”

“Oh, no need for that. My mum taught me how to make a bed.”

“But, it’s no bother.”

“No, I’ll be fine. Good night all.”

When Dante took his linen and left, a dejected Carol said “I’ll be off to my room also. Will you be ok to clear the dishes Cook?”

“Of course my girl. You get off to dreamland.”

Thomas smiled, rose from the table and went over to the little white board Cook used to jot down a list of grocery items she needed. He ruled a line under her list, then drew a vertical line down the centre of the board, creating two columns. At the top of one column he wrote a large C, and in the next T. He then put a large tick in the T column.

“What’s that for” asked Cook.

“One point for me so far, no points for you.”

“Wow, this is getting interesting” added Lachlan.

***

Early the following morning, Dante was awakened by a knock on his door. He jumped out of bed and as he approached the door he suddenly remembered he was naked and went back for shorts. He opened the door and Carol gasped at the sight of the tall lean man, wearing only a pair of very tight boxers and a light covering of dark chest hair. When she could not speak, Dante broke the awkward silence by asking “Are you my early morning wakeup call?”

“N n n no. I just brought you some fffresh towels. I forgot to give them to you last night and knew you’d need then before...your...morning... shower” she said distractedly as she eyed him up and down.

“That’s very thoughtful of you Carol. I must say, the service around here is first class.”

As Dante reached out for the towels, Carol said “I’ll just put them in the bathroom for you”

“O...K” replied Dante as Carol swept past him. He followed her to the bathroom. She placed the towels on the rails and turned to find him blocking the doorway, by leaning on the door frame.

Carol made no attempt to get past him, she just stood there looking at him until he reached one arm around her waist, pulled her closer and lifted her up the eight inches difference in their heights until their lips were level. She closed her eyes and waited for what seemed to her like many minutes, when in fact it was only seconds till she felt the touch of his warm lips on hers, the little prickle of his three growth and then the all over tingle she had been waiting for.

The kiss was only brief, but left Carol’s body so limp, Dante still had to support her when he lowered her and her feet touched the ground. “Are you ok” he asked.

“Yes...just give me a moment” she replied, then nuzzled her face into his chest. She lifted one hand, put her fingers into his chest hair and nervously curled the hairs around her fingers.

“Do you need to lie down?”

“If you think that’s best.”

“Well, you’re lucky, I have almost clean sheets, only been used one night.”

***

In the kitchen, Cook was getting frantic, waiting for Carol to show up so she could take breakfast into the dining room where she knew the men would be waiting. In desperation she went to the dining room door and beckoned Thomas to come.

“What’s up?’ he asked as he followed her to the kitchen.

“Carol’s not here to serve the breakfast.”

“Has she slept in?”

“No she’s not in her room. I don’t know where she is.”

Lachlan then showed up in the kitchen, wondering what was going on.

“Carol’s missing” said Cook “I haven’t seen her all morning.”

“I saw her from me bedroom window earlier, taking towels over to the flat.”

“For Dante?” asked Thomas.

“I assume so.”

“How long ago?” asked Cook.

“About thirty minutes, I guess.”

Without reply, Cook walked over to the white board, picked up the red marker pen and placed a large tick in the C column.

Lachlan laughed and Cook said “Thomas, maybe you had better start practicing your table service by taking in Mr Price’s breakfast.”

***

Thomas and Lachlan took in the breakfast and Jonathan asked “Have you two taken your little deception of last night too seriously and joined the domestic staff?”

“How did you know about that?” asked Lachlan.

“I suspect you both have some interest in the new gardener and dining with the staff was more than just a welcoming gesture.”

“Well as it turned out there seems to be some disagreement about his sexual inclinations, so Cook and I have a wager going” said Thomas.

“And how do you intend to resolve this conundrum, or shouldn’t I ask?”

“That might be the better option.”

“But you will let me know as soon as there is a confirmation?”

“Of course.”

“Good, I may be interested myself.”

“Jonathan!” Lachlan exclaimed.

“No need to play Miss Prissy about it. We’re all consenting adults here.”

“I think we need to talk about this privately, Jonathan.”

“Why, Thomas is part of this family. An intimate part, I might add, so let’s discuss it now.”

“Very well, if that’s how you want it.”

Thomas then entered the conversation “Guys, this seems personal, maybe I should take my breakfast into the kitchen.”

“Yes” said Lachlan, “that might be best.”

<>

Thomas took a plate of food and went to the staff table in the kitchen. “Is there any coffee going?” he asked Cook.

“I haven’t made any yet, why don’t you fire up the espresso machine and make coffee for all of us.”

“And how many of us will there be?”

“Looks like four of us here, I can see Carol and Dante coming across the garden now. So while you’re at it, find out what Mr Price and Mr Lachlan want.”

“They’re coming together?”

“Yes, I may soon earn another tick and then I’ll be the winner.”

“Not so fast woman, you’ve already taken a tick for her visiting him this morning.”

“But if I get confirmation from Carol, then I win.”

“I disagree.”

“Why?”

“Because I haven’t had a chance to bed him yet. We have to play fair.”

“Shoosh.”

“Good morning everyone” said Dante “What a great day to be alive.”

“Well, are you always this chipper in the morning?” asked Thomas.

“Mostly.”

“And any special reason why today?”

“The first day of my new job. I want to start out on a positive note.”

“Is that all?”

“That’s all I’m telling you.”

Cook then focussed her attention on Carol. “Thomas has already had to serve Mr Price his breakfast, so you better get in there and take their coffee order.”

“Yes Cook, right away.”

“And we’ll talk later.”

“Are you mad with me?”

“That depends on our chat later.”

***

Next chapter - A Chinese curse, A screwdriver, A hose clamp and - The End.
Copyright © 2021 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I'm loving the newgardener. I agree with  @ReaderPaul I think Dante is probably Bi. I think the next person to bed Dante will be Jonathan, with Thomas and Lachlan the last of his conquests.

He'll fit right in with the household if he keeps them all entertained on a regular basis.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment

Like his namesake, the new gardener appears to have lit an inferno in the loins of all those present in the household (dare I say even Cook might be getting a little moist). I too suspect he may be bisexual, if so, no doubt a double dose of carnal pleasures awaits him. Perhaps Jonathan will not need to invest in a sling, one look at a Ducati Scrambler has awakened my mind to the endless possibilities for its use (it even looks sexy).

@Wombat Bill you turned up the heat with a few deft strokes of your literary brush. Lust was certainly the primary motivation in this chapter. By the end of the chapter I could almost smell those pheromones oozing out of Dante's pores (and those of his admirers). I sense a hint of mischief in his persona, perhaps the quintessential larrikin. It is early days yet and our resident soothsayer, @ReaderPaul, has not made any predictions (and he has so often proven to be remarkably insightful), but I am inclined to think Dante may be a new plaything (at least initially) for Thomas. I just hope he proves to be a little less "complicated" than Jared if Thomas and he become an "item".

 

 

 

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

We seem to have hit the right note so far, judging by your comments. . :thankyou:

 

crystal ball love GIF by sofiahydman While it is true that @ReaderPaul does hold the title of resident soothsayer, this time it is one other among you who has predicted the future. 

  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Loving the purple crystal ball @Wombat Bill. It looks something like Prince may have had amongst his estate, especially with the love heart.

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..