Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 2,593 Words
  • 105 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
May contain graphic sex scenes.

Young and Hungry - For Life - 12. Jonathan Buys a Ring

Jonathan was in his office checking on messages and his commitments for the next week. He called Carol to bring him tea and settled back to read the minutes of the latest board meeting.

Suddenly Lachlan burst through the door yelling “The bastard, he’s done nothing about those bloody blackberry bushes. They’re coming through the fence again and I can’t stop them from our side. I really need to get to the rhizomes and poison them”

Finally he stopped for a breath and Jonathan said “What the hell are you ranting about?”

“Blackberries!”

“I get that, but what’s the problem?”

“The neighbour’s blackberry bushes have been growing through the fence again”

“Is that bad? Doesn’t that mean free blackberries?”

“No, these wild blackberry bushes are a declared noxious weed in this state. They grow uncontrollably, produce very little fruit and have spikes that would draw blood from an elephant’s hide”

“So that’s bad?”

“Yes, very bad. Yet another problem we can thank the British for bringing to these shores, along with rabbits, foxes and privet”

“Isn’t the garden Dante’s job”

“Yes, but I still like to take an interest and have made it my mission to rid this property of blackberries”

“What do you propose to do about it?”

“I need to have a word with the neighbours. Do you know them?”

“Not personally, I do have their phone number here somewhere, probably in an old address book. Look in those boxes that came from my office at the company, they might be in there”

Lachlan started opening boxes and then asked “What’s their name?”

“Mmm, good question...it’s an unusual name...starts with... Q”

“Well that makes it easier, can’t be many people in your address book under Q”

About twenty minutes later, Jonathan had finished his tea and reading his correspondence. When he heard Lachlan yell “Got it” he turned around to see most of the floor covered with files and books and bundles of papers.

“What the fuck are you doing to my files?”

“Don’t worry, I’ll put it all back, but first let’s go through this address book”

He opened it at Q and started rattling off names, Quade, Quigg, Quigley, Quartermaine, Quinn...”

“Hang on, back up”

“Quartermaine?”

“That’s it, now what are you going to do?”

“I’ll call him and ask if I can go over to talk”

***

Jonathan invited Andy to Crystalline for a few days. Convincing them that while he couldn’t work or travel, he should take advantage of the opportunity to come over for a fun time. This, Andy took to mean, wining, dining and relaxing around the pool.

“Oh and bring your jewellery measuring equipment, I need you to make some custom jewellery items.”

“What sort of jewellery?”

“Rings”

“That’s a nice thought, are you and Lachlan going to exchange rings?”

“What a great idea.”

A confused Andy replied “I thought that was your idea.”

“Yes, of course it was. Now, naturally the invitation includes Dean. Thomas is living here now and we have a new man doing our gardening, Dante. I’m sure you’ll like him. So we’ll have a great time, all boys together.”

“Sounds great, how about Friday morning?”

“It’s a date.”

Jonathan knew Thomas would be excited about Andy’s visit so he picked up his phone, then paused, and decided, he would deliver the news in person.

***

“Did you bring your measuring equipment Andy?”

“Sure I have the ring sizing chart in my bag.”

“Good, you get that and we’ll meet in my office for the measuring.”

“Ok, see you in there.”

While Andy was away, Jonathan invited everyone to bring their drinks to his office. “It will be more private there.”

“Do you need privacy?” asked Dean

“I wouldn’t want to embarrass Carol, if she comes in.”

A perplexed Dean just replied “OK”

Thomas was none the wiser either but joined the group. By the time they were all seated, Andy returned with his ring sizing chart. When Jonathan saw it he said “That won’t do, I can’t get my cock through that.”

“Your cock!” exclaimed Andy.

“Didn’t I tell you, I want you to make me some cock rings?”

“No you didn’t tell me that.”

“Oh, now I get it” added Dean “But are you sure you want us all here?”

“Of course, you’re all getting measured, that is if Andy can find something to do it.”

“All of us?” asked Dean

“Yes, I thought it might be a nice little gift for you all to remember our time together for the next few days.” Then turning to Andy, asked “So, what can you do?”

“There are a couple of ways. I could use strips of paper. Wrap it around your old fella and mark the paper. Or I could use a tape measure.”

“Have you got one?”

“No, is there one in the house somewhere?”

“I’ll check” offered Thomas “Cook probably has something.”

“Perhaps better you don’t tell her why you need it.” suggested Andy

“What do you take me for?”

“Just making sure.”

Thomas left the room and Jonathan said “OK gentlemen time to drop your pants. Don’t be shy, we’re all friends here.”

Thomas returned empty handed, to five men all standing around, naked from the waist down.

“Carol’s going to bring it in when she finds it. But on second thought, maybe I should wait in the hall for her.”

“While we wait, I’ll get a notebook and a pen” said Andy

“There should be some in the drawer of my desk” offered Jonathan

<>

Eventually the tape measure arrived and Andy started his measuring with Jonathan.

“Is that tight enough for you?” Andy asked.

“How tight should it be?”

“It needs to be fairly tight as it’s meant to restrict the blood flowing back into the body. But not painfully tight.”

“Maybe just a little tighter then.”

Andy took the measurement and asked Dean to write it in the notebook.”

“Mmm, that will be one of the largest I’ve ever made. Now who’s next?”

Lachlan volunteered and after taking his measurement gave it to Dean, who commented “Mmm not too shabby either.”

They each took their turn and finally Andy measured himself.

“Thank you gentlemen” said Jonathan at the completion. Then Andy asked “Why do you want them custom made. The studio has good quality standard sizes in stainless steel and silver plated.”

“I want them in gold, with jewel encrusting. Now take this down in your notebook.”

“Go ahead”

“Lachlan’s will have diamonds and the others will have other precious stones. Andy you can see if the boys have any preference.”

Andy asked “Diamonds for yours Jonathan?”

“No, not at all. Mine will have black onyx.”

“Why so basic?”

“To reflect my position as the subservient of this boys club.”

Looks were exchanged around the room, but no questions were asked.

“Lachlan and Thomas know what I mean and the rest of you will see for yourself later this evening. Now pants on boys, you can’t go to dinner dressed like that. What would the staff think?”

***

They all went to the formal dining room for dinner. Lachlan served the wine and took his place at the opposite end of the table, to Jonathan, in true baronial style. The other two couples on either side of the table.

Jonathan asked “How’s the bar doing Andy?”

“Still slow with the current restrictions of no standing to drink, and only one person per four square metres”

“I hear things will open up fully in two weeks if there’s no more increase in cases”

“Yeah we’re looking forward to that”

“Aren’t we all?” commented Lachlan

“I haven’t been to this bar, I hear so much about” said Dante “Thomas you must take me there soon. Will you be having any special celebrations for fully reopening?”

“No, I don’t think we’ll need that. People are so keen to get out, business should pick up quickly. But we have got a new venture in mind when we’re fully operational again”

“Dancing boys on the bar?” asked Jonathan

All except Jonathan laughed. “What?” he asked

“No Jonathan, no dancing boys, in fact something quite different. I’m going to put in a kiosk displaying unique jewellery items I have designed and made, with Dean’s help. He’s becoming quite a deft artisan. Initially it will only be a display and the bar staff can take orders. If that goes well, then we may stock the items for over the counter sales”

When Carol served the first course, she gave Dante a curious look, that no one else noticed, but Dante understood what it meant.

“Thank you Carol” said Jonathan “Tell Cook it looks delicious....no, on second thoughts don’t do that, I’ll go and tell her myself later”

“As you wish Mr Price” and Carol gave another curious look.

“Shall I top up your glasses?” she asked

“I’ll do it Carol” answered Lachlan “But thanks for the offer”

Carol was running out of curious facial expressions. To her it was indeed a night of strange reactions. She left the room and went straight back to the kitchen.

“Do you know who’s dining with Mr Price?” she asked Cook

“Let me think, judging by your question and the fact that he hasn’t shown up for a meal here, my guess is the deliciously fresh Dante”

“You’re right. How come the gardener gets to dine in the big room? Have you ever been invited there?”

“Same as you, only at Christmas time”

“Then why him? He’s only been here five minutes and already ingratiated himself into the inner circle. Is it a boy’s club thing?”

“Maybe, but don’t bother yourself about it. You get what you want from Dante, don’t you?”

“Sometimes, but I think he plays on both teams. You know, I caught them at it. Said they were just sleeping off a drinking session, well I didn’t come down in the last shower”

“I’m sure he does, look at my scoreboard, it’s a tie”

“Then let me see what I can do about that” concluded Carol.

<>

Back in the dining room Dante asked “Do you really think drinkers will buy jewellery in a bar?”

“It may seem an unusual place but don’t forget people lose their inhibitions when they drink and men can be easily manipulated by a smart woman, especially if it’s their first meeting. While trying to engineer a pickup, a little trinket might just seal the deal, if you take my meaning”

“Clever thinking”

“And then there’s the married man, staying out too late, drinking too much and knowing he’ll be in trouble when he gets home. Petrol station flowers or chocolates may no longer soothe the bored wife left at home with only the children, the dog and a cask of wine. However a piece of jewellery will have much more appeal”

“You conniving bastard” replied Dante.

***

After dinner they moved to the lounge for cognac and Jonathan said to Lachlan “While you pour I’ll just pop over to the kitchen and thank Cook for the meal”

“Excellent idea” commented Lachlan.

“Just showing my interest in the staff and keeping my promise”

<>

“Good evening Mr Price, can I help you?” asked Cook

“I just wanted to have a quick word with you”

“Was there a problem with the meal?”

“No, on the contrary, it was delicious and I wanted to tell you personally. Now that Mrs Price is no longer managing the household, I see it as my responsibility to give credit where it is due”

“Well, thank you Mr Price, so nice to hear one’s efforts are appreciated”

“They always have been Cook, but over the years I may have been remise in telling you so”

“I don’t know what to say Mr Price, you’ve got me a little lost for words”

“Cook, you say so much with your cooking, words are not necessary”

She then lifted her apron to dab the corners of her eyes and said “That’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me, Mr Price”

“Well it’s true, now I’ll let you finish up”

As he turned to leave, he noticed the whiteboard, paused for a moment then asked “I know there’s no test match on at the moment, so what scores are you keeping?”

“Just a little bet between Thomas and I”

“Ah that explains the C & T. Looks like you are tied at present. Good luck then and sleep well Cook”

<>

Carol had listened to the conversation from the pantry, where she could not be seen. When Price left, she came out and asked “What the hell was that all about?”

“Just showing his appreciation”

“About bloody time. Barely said a word to me in the dining room, all night”

“When he’s with his boys’ club he plays the part as the boss. But alone he seems to be a different person. Don’t you think he seems more relaxed since the lady left the house?”

“Maybe, I don’t really care”

“Oh, what’s got your knickers in a knot?”

“Men!”

“Ah, the perennial problem. I’ll open a bottle and you can tell Cook all about it”

***

During cognac, Jonathan asked if everyone would like to see his newly decorated activities room. Taking this to mean some sort of games room, Andy was the first to accept the invitation. They all climbed the stairs and Jonathan lead the way to a room that Thomas recognised to be Jonathan’s old bedroom, when Virginia was using the main bedroom.

“Why have you built a games room up here?” asked Andy

“Because, my good man, this is for special games, adult only games”

“Oh really?” questioned Andy.

Jonathan threw open the door and ushered his friends in. The room was painted red and at one end was a four-poster bed with various leather objects hanging from the posts. Dean took down a feather duster from among the objects and mockingly said “Looks like the cleaners left some of their things behind”

In the centre of the room, hanging below a black chandelier, was Jonathan’s newly acquired toy, his leather sling. “Gentlemen he said “Look at this wonderful leather hammock, I found on the internet”

“But, Jonathan...” started Dean, before Lachlan intervened and said “Let’s not disillusion Jonathan, if he’s found his ideal hammock”

“What are you two talking about?” Jonathan asked.

“Nothing, carry on with the tour”

“Then gentlemen, you can see for yourself, there is a chaise lounge, if that’s your thing, a built in sound system and a mood lighting system, both of which extend to the ensuite” Then Jonathan swung open the closet door to reveal a huge range of sex toys.

“Do you use all these” asked Dante

“I don’t even know what most of them are for, but I’m sure, between all of you lot, you can show me. Who wants to start?”

No one volunteered, but Andy said “Thanks for showing us your new play room. I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m beat”

“I’ve got a whip for that”

“No thanks Jonathan, I’m off to bed. Coming Dean?”

“What?...oh yes...right behind you”

“Very well gentlemen, how about you Thomas, are you a starter?”

“I’m afraid that last cognac’s done me in also. I can barely stand, I’m so sleepy”

“Sorry Jonathan, but I’m with Thomas, it’s off to the land of nod for me also” added Dante.

“Oh, I thought you were all such party animals. I must have been mistaken”

*****

Next Chapter - Carol says no. - Fitting day. - Lockdown lifted. - Thomas rings (phones) an old friend.
Copyright © 2021 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

“The bastard, he’s done nothing about those bloody blackberry bushes. They’re coming through the fence again and I can’t stop them from our side. I really need to get to the rhizomes and poison them”. @Wombat Bill for a fleeting moment I thought you had introduced my mother into the story. She complains frequently, and understandably, about a neighbour's camphor laurel trees, another noxious weed introduced by the British, in about 1822. They have been declared a noxious weed in much of northern NSW, but according to my mother, the neighbour has the "council wrapped around his little finger" and they will not do anything about it. In fairness to my mother, two other neighbours who also border the same property, have expressed the same annoyance with this one particular neighbour. I know the man myself, he was my English teacher in year 8 in high school. An arrogant condescending prick is a kind summation of his character.

Another highly amusing chapter. I felt a little sorry for Jonathan at the end though when all the boys refused his invitation to play in the new "games room". Perhaps he can invite them again some other time, although it appears if invited an orgy in the truest sense of the word will not be on the menu for them.

Jonathan's praise of Cook “Cook, you say so much with your cooking, words are not necessary” is about the nicest thing he has said to anyone. The praise was genuine too, not flattery. No wonder Cook was moved to tears.

@Wombat BillChristmas has come early with the gift of this posting of an extra chapter for the week. Now if I could only get Voyage by Abba on vinyl (It has sold out) my joy would be complete.

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment

Hmm poor Jonathan didn’t get the play date he was expecting.  Andy if I remember correctly used to be one of Jonathan’s play things but he is one of the few I haven’t seen play around once he got with Dean.  I think if any thing does happen in that room with the folks he invited it will be couples only. 
 

Glad to see Jonathan changing how he treats people in his employ.  Can’t wait to see how it goes between neighbor and Lachlan.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment

Poor Jonathan, he didn't get the play date he was hoping for.

At least Jonathan is trying to appreciate the staff more.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

@Summerabbacat and @quttzik and @chris191070 have wonderful commentary on this chapter.  What I noticed and has not yet been specifically mentioned, Carol and Jonathan had the least satisfaction of the evening.  I think Cook had the best evening of any of them.

Jonathan is becoming a better person in many ways.  Lachlan has been very good for him.  But Jonathan still has some -- understanding -- to gain.  But he is definitely headed in a better direction than he used to be.

He needs to show more appreciation to Carol.  There is a saying in the USA among some teachers that -- "It is never a good idea to get a maintenance person or librarian upset with you.  You never know when you might need their help, and suddenly, it is not available when you need it."  I don't know who said that first.  It seems to me that Carol is very versatile and capable at what she does.  Will we every learn Carol's last name?  (Though I have met persons with the last name of Carol or Carroll.)

Loving the story and each chapter, @Wombat Bill.  This chapter especially shows so much, and opens even more possibilities than you already had!  Thanks for bringing Andy and Dean into this one.

Edited by ReaderPaul
  • Love 3
Link to comment

@ReaderPaul I was going to make a comment regarding Carol, but refrained from doing so for fear of appearing to be condescending. I seem to recall it mentioned in a prior chapter that the former mistress of Crystalline was a friend of Carol's mother, and gave employment to Carol as a favour to said friend (or have I imagined this).  I sense Carol is somewhat naive, and perhaps the former mistress shielded her from some of the raunchier exploits of the various members of the household. She appears desperate for male attention and prepared to take whatever "scraps" are thrown her way.

I don't recall @Wombat Bill ever giving an indication of Carol's age, but I assume she is in her 20's to 30's. The only straight male I can think of in the current cast of characters is Alex, who may be a little young. I have a vague recollection Dante mentioning he has a brother (or have I imagined this). If so, perhaps he may be a welcome addition in some capacity to the household who may take an interest in Carol.

@ReaderPaul I have discussed with @Wombat Bill on a number of occasions how he manages to recall the names and personal circumstances of all the characters who have appeared throughout the four books to date. It never ceases to amaze me how well he does this, a testament to his organisational skills and attention to detail.

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Love 4
Link to comment

@Summerabbacat Now that you mention it I also recall that being the case with Carol being hired because she was the daughter of a friend.  And yes it seems she led a sheltered life even before coming to work for Virginia and probably likewise afterward until Virginia left the household. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Summerabbacat said:

Now if I could only get Voyage by Abba on vinyl (It has sold out) my joy would be complete.

I could find a copy in the story, but I doubt that would help.

 

19 hours ago, quttzik said:

Andy if I remember correctly used to be one of Jonathan’s play things but he is one of the few I haven’t seen play around once he got with Dean.

And yes it seems she led a sheltered life even before coming to work for Virginia and probably likewise afterward until Virginia left the household. 

You sound almost disappointed in Andy.

There seems to be a lot of love in the room for Carol. 

14 hours ago, chris191070 said:

At least Jonathan is trying to appreciate the staff more.

See there's some good in everyone. 

 

14 hours ago, ReaderPaul said:

Will we every learn Carol's last name?

I've actually never given her a family name. Carol is her given name. Any suggestions. Due to there being so many story lines already, Carol's backstory may need to wait.

 

14 hours ago, Summerabbacat said:

I seem to recall it mentioned in a prior chapter that the former mistress of Crystalline was a friend of Carol's mother, and gave employment to Carol as a favour to said friend (or have I imagined this). 

She appears desperate for male attention and prepared to take whatever "scraps" are thrown her way.

You are correct.

See above re Carol's story.

Yes 20s. 

 

14 hours ago, Summerabbacat said:

The only straight male I can think of in the current cast of characters is Alex, who may be a little young. 

Funny you should mention Alex, he comes back in chapter 16, along with James, the mothers and a whole new cast of characters and new story line, that will be a relief from the lockdown Shenanigans at Crystalline.

 

14 hours ago, Summerabbacat said:

I have a vague recollection Dante mentioning he has a brother (or have I imagined this). If so, perhaps he may be a welcome addition in some capacity to the household who may take an interest in Carol.

Yes, purely a figment of your imagination. But food for thought, nonetheless. 

 

14 hours ago, Summerabbacat said:

how he manages to recall the names and personal circumstances of all the characters who have appeared throughout the four books to date. It never ceases to amaze me how well he does this

Let me assure you its not pure brainpower. I use multiple  spreadsheets for characters' names, relationships, story lines and chapter order. Old accountants never die, they just retire and write about the life they with they had led. So of course they keep it all in a spreadsheet. 

  • Love 4
Link to comment
29 minutes ago, Wombat Bill said:

You sound almost disappointed in Andy.

Not at all, I commented on a previous chapter how a few of the people in relationships at least one of them were playing with someone else and that they needed to learn to keep it in their pants so I’m actually proud of Andy. I know some couples have open relationships but the ones involved in playing around have Been behind partners backs Justin and Jared, Thomas and Justin, it bothers me a bit but I also know it happens and it adds to the story and gives us things to discuss.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
49 minutes ago, quttzik said:

Not at all, I commented on a previous chapter how a few of the people in relationships at least one of them were playing with someone else and that they needed to learn to keep it in their pants so I’m actually proud of Andy. I know some couples have open relationships but the ones involved in playing around have Been behind partners backs Justin and Jared, Thomas and Justin, it bothers me a bit but I also know it happens and it adds to the story and gives us things to discuss.

My comment was meant to be humour, but while on the subject. Andy would know better then most other characters how a relationship can be ruined by playing around. He was, as you say, Jonathan's playmate but wanted more. He had to pick up the pieces when Jared dumped Thomas and the aftermath of Jared's death. Andy is one of the good guys and while I don't like to say never, I think it unlikely Andy, or Dean for that matter, would stray. 

  • Love 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..