Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 2,804 Words
  • 96 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
May contain graphic sex scenes.

Young and Hungry - For Life - 38. Dutch Treat

On the drive home, Julia said “We have got to get to the bottom of this hourly pay business”

“I agree” replied Hannah “But today is not the right time. After all the work we’ve done to settle things for now, I didn’t want to upset Jack again”

“You’re right and thanks for stopping me. I could have stirred it all up again. The most important thing now is to help keep things calm around Francesco and get him out of there as soon as possible”

“And for that we need to keep Jack on side” concluded Hannah.

“As a matter of interest, what was the minimum hourly rate ten years ago and how much would have been accumulated in ten years?”

Hannah checked the Australian minimum hourly rate, which increased on July 1st to $15 per hour. “Now using that rate” said Hannah, “At say seven performances per week for 50 weeks per year, over ten years would give us a total of....approximately fifty two thousand dollars plus interest earnings”

“Sounds a lot, but is not even close to a year’s salary for a headline performer, let alone ten year’s.”

“I know, but it’s a start for Francesco when he turns eighteen”

“But shouldn’t we go after the circus for back pay” asked Julia “He can’t get away with paying just one hour per day to a performer, and at the minimum wage for unskilled labour. Not to mention the minimum amount of hours for a shift”

“I know what you’re saying, but ultimately that is up to Francesco. He’ll be an adult in three months”

“Legally yes, but emotionally and developmentally, no”

“That’s awful Mum, don’t say that, Francesco’s not a moron”

“I don’t mean that James. I mean he’s been deprived of normal social development and is completely unaware of his human and legal rights. Surely you can see that”

“I suppose I see what you mean, but when he’s back with us we can help him”

“Of course James, we all will. But he lacks the knowledge and experience to manage money and demand his rights. We’ll have to guide him through that, but at the same time not be too directive. Do you understand all that?”

“Yes, Mum. Sort of help, but not push”

“That’s a good way of putting it”

***

“Where do I sleep?” asked Alex

“You can share with me” replied Francesco

“I asked to share your van, not your bed”

“Well there is another bed, but we have to fold down the table and the benches and that becomes the bed I used to use when I was young”

“So how do we do that?”

“I can show you but it means you have to do it every night and fold it back every morning, or we don’t have room to move around the van. Why don’t you just share my bed?”

“I suppose that would be OK, we’re sort of family now”

“Yeah, we’re almost brothers”

Both boys stripped off, Alex put on a pair of sleeping shorts, Francesco flopped onto the bed, naked and folded himself into a contorted position.

“Are you going to exercise in the bed, I want to go to sleep, I’m buggered after such as busy day”

“I won’t disturb you, I sleep like this”

“Really? But aren’t you going to put on some shorts?”

“Do I need to, you’ve seen me naked already and besides, we’re brothers now”

“OK, good night Francesco”

“Good night Alex”

<>

During the night, Alex became aware of his own erection and felt it being stroked. He remained eyes closed and in his half sleep, let it happen as if it was a dream, until he realised where he was. He didn’t react suddenly, but kept his eyes closed and said calmly “What are you doing Francesco?”

“Just exploring”

“Could you not do that?”

“Would you rather I sucked you?”

“As much as I appreciate your offer, I think not”

“But isn’t that what brothers do?”

“No”

“That’s not what James told me. He said you let him learn how to suck, on you”

Alex opened his eyes and asked “Did he really say that?”

“Yes, isn’t it true?”

“Well...yes it is...but...”

“So would you like me to show you what I learned from James? You won’t know the difference”

“I don’t think it would be proper. James is your boyfriend”

“But, he’s sucked you and me, and I’ve sucked James, so we’re all so close, it’s just the natural thing to do”

“But I’m not gay, I’m Wanda’s boyfriend”

“I’ll bet she doesn’t suck you as well as I can”

“I don’t know about that”

“Do you mean that she hasn’t sucked you?”

“No, our relationship hasn’t progressed that far yet”

“Then you must certainly be in need of some release, and what man doesn’t like being sucked off, whether gay or straight”

“That’s true, maybe it would be OK, just this one time, but I won’t suck you in return”

“That’s OK, I understand it’s not your thing to suck men, unlike many of the men on this lot, that are supposed to be straight”

Alex sat up and asked “How do you know that?”

“Ever since I was able to get an erection, circus men have been sucking me off in this bed”

“Did you give them head?”

“Yes, but I didn’t like doing it to ugly old men”

“Did they force you to do it?”

“Sometimes”

“Did they do anything else to you?”

“Some wanted to stick their dicks up my bum, but I said that was a weird thing to do. Why would anyone want to do that?”

“That’s how some men have sex with each other”

“But it’s revolting, I wouldn’t want to do that to James or have him do that to me”

“Fair enough, all couples have to work out their own limits”

“Does James do that?”

“I don’t think he has yet. You’re his first boyfriend”

“Maybe we need to talk about this”

“Of course...so, did any of the circus men make you do it?”

“One did, but I didn’t like it. It hurt and made me feel dirty”

“So there was only the once?”

“Others tried. There was this lion handler, not Gunther, another one. But when I said I knew how to distract the lions during a performance, he left the van immediately”

“Why would that matter?”

“People in this circus, think I’m just a stupid kid, who knows nothing. Sure I don’t know much about the outside world. James has showed me that. But I do know about circus life. I listen and learn. People talk about all sorts of things in front of me and think I don’t hear or don’t understand. One of the things I learned is that a distracted lion is a dangerous lion. If they are not entirely focussed on what the handler wants them to do, they revert to natural instincts and that can be dangerous for the handler”

“That must have scared him?”

“Yes, as much as the fire eater who tried it as well, but I threatened to replace his white spirit with petrol, just before a performance”

“But surely he would know as soon as he took as sniff”

“That’s what he said, so I had to use my back-up plan”

“What was that?” asked Alex

“This” Francesco replied as he pulled out a knife from beneath the mattress”

“Fuck! That’s a big knife”

“I got it from a knife thrower’s assistant. When I told her what some of the men were doing, she gave it to me for protection. That was nice of her, wasn’t it?”

“Remind me never to get on the wrong side of you”

“Wrong side?”

“It means...annoy you, do something to you that you don’t like”

“Oh..I see...but you wouldn’t do that to a brother, would you?”

“Of course not”

“Now, back to more pleasant things” Francesco said as he attempted to removed Alex’s shorts.

“Could you put that knife away, please Francesco?”

“What?...oh sorry. Did you think I would threaten you with it?”

“I’d rather not answer that”

“OK, I’ll put it under the bed, out of harm’s way”

“Thank you”

“Now lie back and enjoy”

“On second thoughts, maybe I will risk getting on your wrong side. We shouldn’t do this Francesco. At the very most you’re only a brother-out-law”

“Outlaw?”

“It’s a joke, I’ll explain...

***

Hannah contacted Child Services and explained in detail the full circumstances, including Francesco’s wish to leave the circus and stay with her family.

After interviewing Francesco, and Jack and Candy the officer decided to take no action against Jack and Candy. She did however cancel the foster arrangement and payments. She then went back to Hannah with a proposal. “Mrs Wilson...”

“Please call me Hannah”

“Very well, Hannah. As it is only a few months to Francesco’s coming of age, it would serve no purpose to re-foster him. The department will assume responsibility for his welfare from now till then. My proposal is to ask you to give him a home, when he leaves the circus, until his eighteenth birthday. I can do that under the heading of Emergency Care. We will pay you an allowance for his care. If I were to try setting up a formal re-fostering arrangement it would probably take a few months to process the paperwork and approvals and by then he would be eighteen and legally an adult. Is that acceptable to you and your partner?”

“Of course, most acceptable”

“Then I shall set the wheels in motion. As this is an emergency arrangement, I would like you to keep me updated weekly on how things are proceeding with regard to the circus arrangements”

“Will do, I am also keen to have him back here, as will my son. They have grown quite close over the last two months”

“Excellent, I will send you formal notice of our discussion and look forward to your updates”

***

A week later Ruby found an act for the circus, negotiated a suitable salary for a male/female adagio balancing duo and asked Hannah to draft the employment contract. When Hannah and Julia watched the show reel video of the act, Julia said “Entirely different to Francesco’s act, but a headline act nonetheless”

“You’re not wrong there” added Hannah “That has got to be the sexiest circus type act I have ever seen. The way their bodies entwine and the looks in their eyes, it’s like they are having sex right in front of you. Ruby certainly has delivered this time. Jack must be thrilled and that will make it so much easier to get Francesco back here”

“No wonder Jack offered them a contract and this salary is certainly going to put a dent in the circus finances. But I think it will be money well spent if it’s promoted properly”

The women were right. When James checked the circus website to see where the circus was travelling to over the next few weeks he saw the promotion for the new act, scheduled to premiere in Lismore.

Duo Eros Comes to Starlight Circus

Be the first to see our newest act.

Be amazed by this couple. A rare combination of balance, strength and sensuality.

Danny, a man of incredible strength and Gabriella, a woman of incredible poise and flexibility, will have you spellbound.

<>

James showed his mothers the circus website and said “It won’t be long now and Francesco will be home, with us”

“You’re right, so we need to make arrangements to collect him. James, do you think he could fly back on his own if Jack or Candy take him to the airport?” asked Hannah.

“Mum, he was lucky to make it to Hurstville on the day he ran away from the circus. We were in constant contact by text so I could give him instructions”

“Then I guess we’ll have to go and collect him. So does one of us fly there or do we drive?” asked Julia.

“It’s school holidays the week after next, so why don’t we all go and make it a short family holiday?” suggested James.

“And I can check up on Alex” added Julia.

“Great idea, I’ll let Alex and Jack know our plans” said Hannah.

***

With Caleb’s foster arrangements all in place, life settled into a regular routine for the newly formed family. Caleb settled into his new school, under the watchful eye of Jessica. On Saturdays, the mornings were spent exercising, shopping or relaxing. In the afternoon, Caleb went into Poppy’s with Justin and Craig, then spent the daytime doing his homework or assignments. In the evening, he worked behind the scenes as a part-time employee. The money he earned was his to keep or spend as he chose, while the foster carers’ payments went into a trust account for him.

On Sundays, regardless of whether Justin or Craig were home, Caleb spent the entire day with Gran. Their days usually started off with them taking turns to cook breakfast and the rest of the day gardening or gossiping.

“Hey Gran, you’re pretty sprightly around the garden, do you fancy a bike ride?”

“I don’t have a bike and have not ridden one since I was your age”

“You don’t need a bike, you can double with me”

“Are you insane, Sonny Boy?”

“Oh, I thought it was a beaut idea”

“I’m not too sure of that. Could you handle my weight on the back of your bike?”

“I’ve got a luggage rack for my school bag. You could sit on that”

“What I always wanted to be, luggage!”

“I didn’t mean it like that”

“I know just pulling your leg. Wheel out this deadly treadly of yours and let’s see”

“Great, wait here, won’t be a sec”

<>

When Caleb returned with the bike, Gran took a look at the luggage rack and said “I know I come equipped with my own rear end padding, but the rack doesn’t look too comfortable”

“I can fix that, wait again”

He then returned with a cushion and attached it to the rack with two occy straps. “There, your business class seat awaits”

“OK, you hold the bike and I’ll give it a try”

Gran placed her low gardening stool behind the bike, stepped into it, hitched up her skirt and moved forward onto the rear of the bike. “How do I look?”

“Terrified, but there’s another problem, you need something to rest your feet on, otherwise they’ll drag along the ground”

“So that’s it then, I don’t have to risk life and limb after all”

“Not necessarily, I’ve got a solution to that also, but not today. I’ll have to go down to the sports store and get a set of passenger side footrests”

“Not easily talked out of this are you?”

“No, and I just know you’re gonna love it”

“I’ll reserve judgement on that”

“So, we have a deal. If I get the footrests, you’ll come riding with me, yes?”

“How about a definite maybe?”

“From you Gran, I’ll accept that for now”

“Where is this sports store you talk about?”

“There should be one at Eastgardens centre”

“Tell you what, how about we drive down there, look for these footrest things and have lunch in the food court”

“But I can’t drive”

“No, but I can and the car should be in the garage, the boys usually take their van to work”

“You can drive?”

“You cheeky little bugger. Who’s car do you think it is in the garage?”

“I thought it was Justin’s”

“Well it is sort of. I gave it to him, on the condition I can use it when I need it”

“Wow, that opens up all sorts of possibilities for us, maybe we don’t need to go bike riding after all”

“Hold up there, I’m not going to become your regular chauffer”

“Of course not, I didn’t mean that, but it does mean we could go out occasionally”

“Very occasionally. Now while I get my purse and the keys, you open up the garage and we’ll go out for lunch. It will be a Dutch treat”

“I’ve never had Dutch food before”

“It’s not Dutch food. That means we each pay for our own. Now that you are earning at Poppy’s, you can pay your own way”

“Oh, I see. Are the Dutch stingy?”

“I honestly have no idea where the expression comes from. I hope it doesn’t mean that”

“Then I’ve got an even better idea. How about I treat you, now that I have wages, it would be a pleasure to take you to lunch”

“Sort of like a date?”

“Gran, do you ever stop flirting?”

*****

Next Chapter - Deception, Diagnosis, Deletion, Decision,
Copyright © 2021 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

@Wombat Bill, HOW do you manage to come up with all these plausible plot permutations?  Your imagination must be the proverbial "head and shoulders above" almost everyone else!

Loved this chapter.  Gran and Caleb make a great pair.  

And the teaser for the next chapter? Diabolically delicious distraction as we doggedly drag our imaginations for clues and possibilities!

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Gardening and gossiping, do they precede a gin and tonic @Wombat Bill? Perhaps you could change Gran's preferred drink to gin and ginger beer or ginger ale. This would satisfy @ReaderPaul's appetite for alliteration. Gran and her grandson enjoy gardening and gossiping, followed by a gargantuan gin and ginger beer guaranteed to gratify.

Gran has got it all worked out. Just when one thinks she could not possibly be any more delightful, she proves one wrong yet again. The conclusion of her conversation with Caleb “Sort of like a date?” “Gran, do you ever stop flirting?” sheer delight.

Deadly treadly and occy straps. Music to my ears, words I have not heard since my late teens. Growing up on the north coast of NSW, much of my "gadding about" as a teenager was done on my pushbike. I still have some occy straps, they must be at least 40+ years old.

Francesco confessed to having "entertained" numerous circus men since puberty. There is still something about this which puzzles me. Surely Jack and/or Candy must have had some idea what was going on under their noses, although it does appear they paid little or no attention to Francesco other than when he was performing. I have to wonder if he was given any sex education, or was his education solely derived from "on the job training". 

Another delightful chapter @Wombat Bill. I neglected to mention in my comments on the previous chapter, Ruby, the perfect name for a theatrical agent. For me, the name invokes an image of theatricality and excess, a passion for life and drama.

 

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Love 4
Link to comment
Quote

Next Chapter - Deception, Diagnosis, Deletion, Decision,

Hmm this could be dealing with many things, Diagnosis I believe will be Edward and his psa results. Not sure about the rest.

Francesco opens up a bit about what’s been happening with some of the other men in the circus but who pt the men onto him to begin with? If he would say something a lot of people could be in some major trouble.  I don’t think Jack would have to worry about a replacement act then even if they claimed they didn’t know they were supposed to be responsible for him as fosters. 

Gran and Caleb are always a delight.  
 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Great chapter, once again full of many delights.

I can see Caleb and Gran getting into all sorts of mischief.

So we were right about Francesco being visited by the men, if that knife is anything to go by, he was able to stop things going to far.

So Jack has his new act. The important question is, when Francesco leaves will he get his wages for 10 years, that have been saved by Jack. I somehow don't think so, but he'll end up in court if he doesn't hand them over.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..