Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 2,274 Words
  • 108 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
May contain graphic sex scenes.

Young and Hungry - For Life - 46. Raj’s Talks, Justin Talks, Juanito?

While Edward was in the kitchen, Raj asked Romel and Craig for medical advice about making the change.

Romel answered first “You will need a number of specialist consultants, so you will have to start with an understanding GP who can refer you to the appropriate specialists”

“What sort of specialists will I need?”

Craig then took over “Gender transition involves a team of healthcare providers. Most of these are doctors. But the first step in the process is to meet with a mental health provider. After a period of evaluation and therapy, you can then be referred for medical treatment for gender transition if that is what you want”

“Yes, after a mental health assessment you may decide not to proceed with transition immediately, but instead just dress and present as a female while you and your family, friends and colleagues become familiar with the change. You can also be prescribed medication to help with that process” added Romel “Some people never proceed with a complete physical change, it is up to you to choose the path that’s right for you”

“Thanks guys, it’s really good to have friends that can give me advice”

“But remember” said Craig “We are only giving advice as friends, neither of us have specialised knowledge on this subject”

“Of course, but I appreciate your interest”

<>

Juanito had remained silent during this discourse and when Craig noticed he said “Raj, I think the first thing you need to do is discuss this in private with Juanito, who seems to have been taken by complete surprise by your revelation. This could seriously affect your relationship and you will need his total support during the process”

“Juanito?” asked Raj

“Yes?”

“Have you anything to say?”

“Not now, like Craig said, we need to discuss this in private. But before that I need to think about it”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t think about you. I was just thinking of myself”

“Good, you continue to do that and I’ll think about myself also” said Juanito, as he left the room.

Edward returned to a silent room, with the dessert and asked “Is everything OK?”

Nobody answered, so Edward gave the group a stare until Romel said “Juanito needs time to process what just happened. Let’s leave him be”

“What just happened?”

“We were giving Raj some advice on transitioning when we realised that he and Juanito have not discussed this. I think it’s taken Juanito by surprise”

“Fuck!” replied Edward “You’re right, we are all trying so hard to support Raj, we’ve forgotten about Juanito, he needs our support just as much. Sorry Raj, we should have been more perceptive”

“It’s not your fault guys. I should have talked to him about this before announcing it to everyone else. It’s just that I saw the dresses in Juanito’s wardrobe and tried one on. That was all I intended to do, then on an impulse I came out here to see what everyone would say”

“Now, don’t beat up on yourself. This is a delicate matter, a new journey and you’re going to have to make a lot of important decisions. Sometimes you will stumble along the way. The important thing is to have the support around you so that you can get up and move on”

“But I will need Juanito’s support and I’ve fallen on my first step”

“Yes problem number one, but lesson learned, now move on and talk to Juanito when you are both ready”

“Thank you Edward”

“Now tuck in, I didn’t slave over a hot oven all afternoon to let my Mum’s apple crumble recipe go cold before it’s eaten”

<>

After dessert the guests split up into smaller groups in the house and in the garden.

“I can’t believe my luck tonight, being here for this revelation. Can’t wait to see what happens next. Did you see the look on his sister’s face, it was priceless. There’s definitely some strange family dynamics going on there. But not surprising, I suppose, given that she thought she had a brother and now turns out to be a sister. This is going to be a great ride watching him change. I wonder if he’ll have the snip. Oh fuck, I just felt that strange feeling in my balls. Even thinking about it gives me the shivers. And when do we start calling him, her. Oh, I can’t wait, I’ve never seen a transformation before, it’s going to be a ball. Oops!”

“Are you finished?” asked Jeremy

“For now, why?”

“Because I’m taking you home, before you embarrass yourself and me in front of any of the guests, or worse, in front of Raj”

“But what did I do?”

“If you can’t see that, there’s probably no point in me telling you” concluded Jeremy.

As Jeremy dragged him away, Brett protested “I was just showing my interest”

<>

As often happens at a party, once one couple leave the rest start to drift away. However on this occasion most of the guests thought they needed to let the household residents deal with the situation in private.

Raj stayed the night, but slept on the sofa, wrapped securely in the sari he had brought with him.

***

Justin was home before Craig and was pacing the floor when he heard Craig pull into the driveway.

When Craig came into the house, he asked “How did it all go tonight, with both Snowy and I away?”

“Oh...the restaurant? That was fine. What about the party?”

“Yes, all went well” replied Craig

“That’s good, now I want to....” but before Justin could continue, Craig said “But you’re not going to believe what happened at the party”

“I don’t care what happened at Edward’s stupid party”

“You will when I tell you about Raj”

“But I want to tell you first”

“Why, did something happen at the restaurant?”

“No, nothing to do with work, but I was thinking about it all night. Will you just be quiet and let me talk”

Craig made a zip motion across his lips, but it did not amuse Justin.

“Craig my love, I have to tell you something I should have told you before. Well actually I shouldn’t have to tell you because I shouldn’t have allowed it to happen. But I did and now I’m ashamed of myself and feel guilty because I did nothing to stop it and because I kept it from you for so long”

Craig resited saying anything and just stared at Justin in a manner that indicated, continue.

“It’s about Jared...I, that is we...had a secret”

“If this is about you two having sex, we’ve been over this ground before”

“No it’s something else, even worse, even illegal”

“Go on”

“You know how my father died in the prison?”

“Yes, he took his own life”

“No he didn’t, Jared arranged it and I even offered to pay for some of it”

“Where did you get the money, that sort of thing must cost heaps?”

“In the end I didn’t pay. Jared paid for all of it, but I was prepared to pay my share, so I’m just as guilty as Jared”

“Fuck, this is serious stuff. That’s conspiracy to murder. Almost as serious as actual murder”

“So you see why I was feeling guilty”

“I can kinda, but you hated your father for all the awful things he did, so why so much guilt?”

“Because I had to keep it a secret, especially after Jared died. Then I didn’t even have him to talk to about it. But you know the worst part is...I kept it from you. I know you probably didn’t really want to know, because now you are in a way a party to it, but I hate keeping secrets from you. I just can’t do it and feel good about myself. Even if it’s a secret you don’t need to, or want to know about”

“So is this a result of talking to Tristan?”

“Yes, it is. He said secrets between partners can eat away at you”

“Fuck, you didn’t tell him did you?”

“Not about the hanging. I told him about Jared and I and our secret relationship. He thinks I didn’t tell you about that, so when he gave me advice on what to do, he thought it was about having sex with Jared. But the result is the same. Secrets aren’t good for the soul. I wanted to tell you and when I couldn’t bring myself to do it, I just got more screwed up inside. I thought I was over it, but when Edward did that with his book, it all came up again and it was so easy to blame him for everything bad I felt inside. Can you forgive me?”

“I forgave you when you told me about your relationship with Jared, didn’t I?”

“Yes, of course you did, so will you....”

“Come here, you big hunk. Of course I forgive you, but I don’t thank you for sharing that with me. Now I have a secret to deal with. But at least we can support each other in knowing”

“I know what you’re saying and I know this doesn’t make what Jared did and I agreed to, right, but he was a convicted murderer who would have probably died in prison eventually. We just hastened his death”

“I hear you, but I won’t comment” Then Craig walked away and busied himself preparing for bed.

***

At 6.00am the following morning, Raj was awakened by the sound of Juanito and Romel talking in the kitchen. Romel said “I’m off now, got a seven o’clock start”

“OK, I won’t be far behind you, just having some juice, then I’ll shower and leave also”

“Bye then”

“Bye, have a good day” concluded Juanito

Raj checked the time and wondered why Juanito was leaving so early. As Juanito walked quietly behind the sofa to the bathroom he heard “What are you doing up so early?”

“What...oh...it’s you. I’m going to work”

“Why so early?”

“Because I want to get out of your way”

“You’re not in my way”

“Then maybe I’m in yours”

“What are you talking about? Are you trying to avoid me?” asked Raj

“Something like that”

“I thought we could talk this morning, I’m not rostered on till dinner shift”

“I don’t feel like talking”

“But we’re going to have to talk sometime, why not now?” asked Raj

“I’m just not ready. You drop a bombshell like that, without warning, tell everyone and I don’t know anything about it. How do you think that makes me feel and look in front of our friends?”

“I’m sorry for doing it that way...it’s just that I suddenly felt comfortable with the company and found the courage to do it right then. It wasn’t planned, it just happened. I know I was wrong not to talk to you first. Please forgive me”

Juanito remained silent, so Raj asked “Are you angry because I want to transition or because I didn’t tell you first?”

“Well both, but mostly because you didn’t discuss it with me. I didn’t have a chance to think about it and how it might change our relationship. I still don’t know what will happen and how I will feel about that. It’s such a shock and I don’t know if I want a relationship with a....”

“Go on say it” Raj demanded

“OK...a trans person”

“Can’t you even bring yourself to say...woman?”

“No...in fact, I’m not sure what you are or what you intend to become, so just leave me alone”

“Very well, you don’t have to leave, I’ll go now. Can I use your room to dress?”

“Knock yourself out” Juanito concluded and returned to the kitchen to make coffee and let Raj use the bedroom and bathroom.

<>

Raj returned ten minutes later, dressed in his male clothes and said “I’ve hung your dress and I’m leaving now. Let me know if you want to talk sometime”

Juanito just replied “Goodbye”

Edward was awakened by Raj closing the door just a little too loudly. He went out to find Juanito in the kitchen stirring his coffee so rapidly it started to spill over onto the kitchen bench.

“It won’t turn into cappuccino just by stirring it like that” Edward joked

“What?”

“Just making a little joke, is it too early?”

“Whatever”

“Are you and Raj going to talk this morning?”

“He’s already left”

“Oh was that him who slammed the front door. Thought it was unusual for Romel to be so noisy. He usually creeps away like a mouse. Why did he leave so early? Did you two have words?”

“Something like that”

“Well you two need to talk this through. It’s no use just avoiding each other”

“I’m not ready to talk to him”

“Then talk to me or Romel, but whoever, you need to start working through your feelings”

“I don’t have any feelings, I feel sort of numb”

“That’s natural when you get such a shock. But you have to break through that barrier and let it out. Preferably with me or Romel rather than an outburst against Raj, that’s definitely not what he needs now”

“I suppose I know that and it’s maybe why I don’t want to talk to him”

“That’s good. See, you do care about him and how he feels”

“Edward, it’s so fuckin’ annoying how you’re always right”

“Can’t help it I guess. Now are you going stop stirring that coffee and pour one for me?”

“Oh...am I...yes, of course”

Copyright © 2021 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So Juanito is a Drag Queen but can't put together how Raj feels trapped in a mans body? Aside from the transformation which could really affect the relationship because Juanito is gay and a full transformation would remove the plumbing Juan would be looking for, shouldn't there be some type of understanding there? I know the way Raj went about it was kinda of wrong not talking things thru with his/her boyfriend but like he said it was a spur of the moment thing and he just felt free. I have never not knowingly anyway met anyone that has transformed or ever dealt with that topic nor have I ever dealt with a drag queen. Well aside from the time I tried drag to go out on Halloween I ended up changing last minute back into my regular clothing the main reason is my arms and legs are way to hairy and we didn't prepare well enough to bring clippers or hair removal cream. If I was going to do it I wanted to do it right. At that point in time I could have passed completely for a woman aside from the hairy arms and legs. I never did attempt that again.  Its also possible that when Raj speaks with the mental professional that he could change his mind and not transform completely. 

Oh was it ever mentioned that Justin had a part in his fathers death? All I remember is Jared taking charge and having it done, well now we know why Justin is so upset over the book and that it could possibly open up the idea again that his father didn't take his own life as there was already suspicion that he didn't. 

  • Like 2
  • Wow 2
Link to comment

Another chapter and more bloody tears @Wombat Bill

Words of wisdom from Craig and Romel to Raj on how to commence the transition process. I am pleased it was Nurse Romel present without any religious baggage.

Brett - game, set and match; it's over. You are the narcissistic, shallow, indifferent prick I have always thought you to be. There is the door; please don't let it hit you on the arse as you leave for good.

Justin - I believe he is trying to return to the man he was before he was manipulated by Jared. His confession to Craig regarding the murder of Brendan may have been "good for his soul", but now leaves Craig in a quandary too. I will not attempt to predict what Craig will do with this knowledge, if anything.

Juanito - I want to hate and berate him for his insensitivity to Raj, but alas I cannot. He is, I believe, rightfully hurt Raj did not discuss his desire to transition with him before disclosing it to their mutual friends. However, given Juanito's statement "I don’t know if I want a relationship with a....” and his reluctance to even say "trans person", I strongly doubt it would have made any difference. He may surprise and have a change of heart, but I won't hold my breath waiting. And, to be fair to him, not everyone falls in love with someone regardless of their gender, in fact, I doubt many people do.

Raj - proceed at your own pace. If ultimately your relationship with Juanito fails, you still have the loving support of Edward, Craig and Romel, and perhaps your mother. As for your sister, BITCH. You probably look waaaaaaaay better in a sari than what she does.

@Wombat Bill sensitivity plus again my good man. I waited (patiently) for this story line to emerge. Now that it has, I must say it was well worth the wait (much like waiting 40 years for ABBA's Voyage). @ReaderPaul has stated on a number of occasions, he wanted to use more than one emoticon to rate the chapter. I want an exclusive GA emoticon for use solely on this and the previous chapter as the standard emoticons are insufficient, they just don't "cut the mustard".

 

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

@quttzik and @Summerabbacat have brought up some good points.

Brett is trying my patience.  At this point he seems to have the sensitivity of a drugged armadillo.  He brings the term "clueless" to a new low on this happening.  Yet, there is a spark of hope in there -- somewhere -- if it can be dug out.  He is not ANTI Raj -- but needs to learn, somehow, how not to act like a nearly blind rhinoceros in a glassware shop with narrow and twisting aisles.

Raj and Juanito have a lot of talking to do.  Transitioning, whether in whole or in part, has to be done carefully, for the mental health of all concerned.  

Rani is worse than a bitch.  Bitches can sometimes be lived with.  But she is even more a control freak.  Whatever happens without her pulling the puppet strings is, to her way of thinking in many things, terrible -- unless it advances something SHE wants.

I disagree with Justin.  Sometimes the best thing one can do for a partner is to keep a secret to yourself, especially if no one is likely to discover the secret at this point.

Craig and Romel are correct to stress to Raj that they are not experts on gender transition.  I must slow down.  I had to correct six spelling errors in the first sentence of this paragraph.  Related to my stroke last year, I'm reasonably sure.

Edward is gradually returning to his wise counselor role.  Good to see.  

@Wombat Bill, amazing and good chapter.  I also look forward to seeing what @haines87 and @chris191070 have to say.

  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
33 minutes ago, ReaderPaul said:

@quttzik and @Summerabbacat have brought up some good points.

Brett is trying my patience.  At this point he seems to have the sensitivity of a drugged armadillo.  He brings the term "clueless" to a new low on this happening.  Yet, there is a spark of hope in there -- somewhere -- if it can be dug out.  He is not ANTI Raj -- but needs to learn, somehow, how not to act like a nearly blind rhinoceros in a glassware shop with narrow and twisting aisles.

Rani is worse than a bitch.  Bitches can sometimes be lived with.  But she is even more a control freak.  Whatever happens without her pulling the puppet strings is, to her way of thinking in many things, terrible -- unless it advances something SHE wants.

Not your usual clever and witty alliteration @ReaderPaul, but some very funny and vivid images painted nevertheless, hence the 'ha ha' emoticon. Your stroke may have had some negative impacts, but it has not dimmed your sense of humour. 

I am also very pleased to read some comments, especially those about Rani, which could almost pass as scathing. I often wonder what you must (really) think of how judgmental we CWB groupies are at times (especially me). It is reassuring (to me at least) that even you have your limits. Rani is vile.

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 4
Link to comment
18 minutes ago, ReaderPaul said:

Well, @Summerabbacat, in my opinion, Rani makes Brett look kind, caring, and thoughtful!

I agree. She is genuinely hostile and self-righteous. He is not necessarily uncaring, he merely lacks tact and a filter. He is what I would refer to as a "professional queen" (a la Perez Hilton); everything revolves around him being gay and gossip, especially celebrity gossip. This can be very amusing for a while, but does wear thin eventually.

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

@Wombat Billthat was a great chapter. 
I think Juan needs to blanking grow up and realize that if he really loves Raj, he needs to accept that Raj, sees himself as a woman that is trapped in a man body. Could Raj, of done a better job at telling Juan? the answer to that is yes. Juan needs to do is tell Raj, that I can't talk to you because I don't want to hurt you and I need time to wrap my head around the information that not only do you want to dress like a woman you want to be a woman as well.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..