Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 2,836 Words
  • 124 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
May contain graphic sex scenes.

Young and Hungry - For Life - 47. The Smoothest Red You’ve Ever Tasted

Later in the morning, Edward called Craig.

“Hi Edward, thanks for a great meal”

“My pleasure, but I need to ask you a favour”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Raj, that is we, have a problem. You know he wants to transgender but he and Juanito are not talking. Raj slept on the couch last night and left early today. I don’t know where he’s gone”

“That’s awkward, considering he’s only just moved in.\”

“That’s why I want to talk to you. I would happily have him here, but Juanito has not accepted Raj’s decision and won’t have him share the bedroom. I could put him in my study but I know Juanito doesn’t want him in the house at all and I don’t want to set up Raj for more disappointment”

“So how can I help?”

“Would you be able to put him up till we work out something more permanent?”

“Couldn’t he go back home”

“I think that train has left the station”

“I suppose we could put him up in our guest room, but Justin and I have just taken on Caleb full-time”

“That’s good of you, but you’ve got plenty of bedrooms, can’t you squeeze in one more?”

“Space is not a problem, it’s just that I had to convince Justin to agree to this in the first place. He’s happy with having Caleb now, I don’t want anything to upset that arrangement”

“But Raj is one of our own”

“Even so, I can only deal with one situation at a time. Justin is still a bit fragile over your book and Caleb is our top priority.”

“Alright, I’ll put Raj up in my study for now and give Juanito a stern talking to”

“OK and thanks for understanding” Craig concluded.

<>

“Who was that..?” asked, a naked Justin, just out of the shower.

“Edward, Raj needs a home”

“I thought he lived with his parents”

“He does...that is he did...he moved in with Juanito yesterday”

“So, how many homes does he need?”

“There’s a situation I haven’t had the opportunity to tell you about yet. You took me by surprise last night”

“That’s right, you said something happened at the party and I was too distracted by my own problems”

“That’s fine. Now I’ll make tea while you put on some pants, then I’ll tell you all about Raj”

<>

Craig explained all the events of the previous night regarding Raj.

“Wow, that is a shock. Did you have any idea about this before?”

“None at all, it’s right out of the blue”

“So how did Juanito take this news?”

“Not well, that’s why Edward’s asked us to put him up here”

“Oh, just what we need, another homeless person” replied Justin. “Welcome to Craig’s refugee camp”

“Stop it!” Craig demanded “This is our friend, whom I promised to support in his journey. Now are we going to refuse him help, the first time he asks?”

“It’s your home, I suppose you can do what you like”

“NO! It may belong to my Gran but it’s our home and don’t ever forget that. Besides, I haven’t agreed to take him yet”

“Oh, that’s alright then”

“However, I’m not sure that the accommodation arrangements at Edwards will work out, because Juanito has not accepted Raj’s decision and it might become difficult for them. If that’s the case, we might have to reconsider and offer him a room here”

“So this is the thin edge of the wedge is it? It seems to me, that it’s Juanito that needs to get his act together. He invites Raj to cohabit then throws him out the first night. So where is Raj now?”

“Edward doesn’t know” replied Craig.

“Well we can’t have him wandering the streets. You better call him and see if he’s going back to his parents”

“And if he’s not?”

“Then I guess we offer him a bed at Craig and Justin’s B and B.”

“Good man, that’s better than a refugee camp. Now what do you fancy for breakfast?”

“Just something quick, I’ve got an appointment with Lachlan at Prices Jewellery.”

“What are you buying, my Christmas present?”

“No, and besides you said you didn’t want jewellery. I’m taking in one of my G strings to have it jazzed up for the Crystalline party”

“That’s a bit extravagant for a one-off, or are you intending to...”

“No, I’m not and Prices are supplying the jewels, but they’re not for keeps”

“That’s a relief, I could see us blowing the whole catering budget just on your clothing”

“You know, I do sort of miss doing the parties we used to do. Running Poppy’s is OK, but not nearly as much fun or challenging. Now it’s just a job, but before it was...I don’t know how to put it really...but it was more fun and...”

“You felt appreciated by your fans, you loved strutting around in next to nothing, displaying your body, getting applause....”

“Alright, that’s enough. Yes, all of that and always looking for new ideas. We were innovative then, now we’re just like a thousand other places to eat. Sure we run a good quality business but to be honest, I’m bored. ‘Welcome back to Poppy’s Mrs Uptight. Yes of course I will tell the chef, I’m sure he will appreciate your constructive criticism Mr Whinger. I’ll be sure to have our electrician check the light tomorrow if you think it’s flickering Mr Nitpicker. Yes Mr Scrooge I’m sure we could arrange a discount if you think the meal was cold’. Oh don’t concern yourself Ms Vegan, I’m sure chef doesn’t fry the tofu in the same pan as the steak.’ That’s what I’ve become, an apologist”

“I’m sorry you feel that way, I had no idea”

“You said we have to be honest with each other, so I’m telling you how I feel”

“I’m not criticising you, just surprised, that’s all. And you’re right, it was exciting in those days trying to be innovative with food serving ideas, struggling to cook on our little kitchen and always out touting for new business”

“And who ‘retires’ at twenty four. There’s still a few years of strutting, as you put it, left in this body yet”

“And the body is still worth showing off. I’m proud of how you have maintained your good condition. Maybe I’ve been a bit selfish, just having you keep it only for me” Craig admitted as he reached out and rested his hand on Justin’s chest.

“Nice of you to say that” Then snapping out of his trip down memory lane, Justin added “Got to be on my way. Don’t want Alma on my case if I’m late for my appointment”

Craig kissed Justin, turned him around, and as he slapped him on the butt, said “Get that cute arse of yours out of here”

“I’m gone. Oh don’t forget Raj and text me what happens”

“Will do, and see you at work this afternoon”

***

“Hi Raj, where are you?” asked Craig

“I was sitting on the steps at Poppy’s, waiting for someone to open up, but now I’m in Dare to Bare waiting room. Jeremy kindly took me in and gave me coffee”

“Charlie should open up soon and I’ll be there by eleven. Make yourself at home in my office. I don’t think Juanito will be in till later, he’s at college today”

“Thanks Craig”

“And just to put your mind at rest, you’re welcome to bed down at our place tonight. We’ll discuss it when I get it”

“That’s very generous of you”

“Not at all, it’s what friends do”

***

While at the jewellery studio, waiting for his G string to be adorned, Justin received a text from Craig ‘Raj at Poppy’s, already rostered on for dinner shift, staying with us tonight. Luv U’

Craig sent a similar message to Edward and added ‘can u bring his stuff in to Poppy’s’

***

Upon arrival at Poppy’s Craig found Raj in his office playing games on his computer.

“Hey! Settled in, are you”

“Oh sorry, just filling in time”

“I’m just joking. Are you OK to work tonight?”

“Sure, I’m looking forward to it. Is Jennifer on tonight?”

“Go to the desktop and click on rosters... Click on today...Yep, she’s on. Probably out in the dining room now, preparing the room for lunch”

“Good, I’ll go and ask her about women’s uniforms”

“Maybe, I’ll call her into the office first and you can explain why. Raj, you will have all the support possible from us as friends and employers, but you will also have to consider others around you and how they will perceive this planned change. Whether they support you, or not in some cases, they will all need time to adjust”

“Thanks for the advice. I would have just confused her and had her asking why in front of the other staff”

***

Justin and Edward pulled into the carpark at the same time, forcing them to acknowledge each other.

Edward was still wary, so just politely said “Hi Justin”

“Hi Edward, what brings you in, I didn’t think you had a function tonight”

“I don’t, I just brought in Raj’s things. I believe he’s working here tonight and then staying at your place. Thanks for doing that”

“No problem”

“Then I had better get these bags inside for him”

“Why don’t you just transfer them to my car and save moving them again”

“Good idea, thanks”

“Let me help you” Justin offered as he opened the boot.

“Thanks”

“Bloody hell!” exclaimed Justin as he lifted one of the bags “What’s he got in here?”

“Yeah, does feel like a brick salesman’s sample case”

“What?”

“An old joke”

“Oh, now I get it, very funny” concluded Justin.

Without saying anything about the incident or forgiveness the two had gone through the metamorphosis from antagonists to friends again. So much so that Justin accepted Edward’s invitation to shout him a drink at Dean’s.

As they walked up to the bar, Dean did an unnoticed double take and just managed to say “G...good afternoon gentlemen, what can I get you?”

“You wouldn’t have a bottle of my favourite merlot in the backroom would you?”

“As it happens, I got a new case in yesterday, haven’t even opened it yet. But I must warn you, it’s later vintage, so you can test drive it for me”

“Good, now go unpack, barkeeper”

As a test of how far he could go, Edward said to Justin “Now I know you’re not a red wine man, but I’d like you to try this merlot. If it’s not the smoothest red you’ve ever tasted, I’ll give up drinking for a month”

“I’ll take you on, but I fear you’re playing a double sided coin in this bet”

“How so?”

“I don’t have much red wine experience to compare with”

“Sprung!”

Then they both laughed and Edward was sure he had either been forgiven, or the incident forgotten or at the very least, put back on the Christmas card list.

***

When Justin did not show up to supervise the setting of the dining room for dinner, one of the waiters asked Craig where he was.

“I’ll text him, he should have been here by now. In the meantime can you take charge Michael?”

“Love to”

<>

Craig eventually received the following reply ‘haven’t a drunk with me Matt Edwards luv the Merlin LUV me’

“What the fuck does that mean?” Craig said out loud. Then, on an impulse, he checked the carpark and found both cars there, so he went to Divas, but there was no sign of Edward. He then went to Dean’s. When he saw them precariously swaying on bar stools, and clearly in conversation, he turned around and went to the dining room.

“Michael, I’ll need you to supervise the dining room tonight, I don’t think Justin will be in and if he does turn up, can you advise me immediately?”

“Sure thing Craig. Is there a problem?”

“No, Justin’s just a bit under the weather”

<>

By the time dinner service was over Craig went looking for Justin.

“What happened to Justin and Edward” he asked Dean.

“I’ve parked them in the last booth down the back and refused to serve them anymore. Then I had Ben move the potted palms to hide them. They’ve been quiet so I hope they’re sleeping”

“Thanks, sorry if they’ve been a bother”

“Oh, occupational hazard, used to dealing with it. But tell me something. I thought these two weren’t talking because of the book thing”

“So did I, but all seems to have been forgiven”

“I just hope they don’t forget that in the morning. But with the amount they drank, I doubt they’ll remember anything about tonight”

“Thanks Dean, but I’ll need another favour from you”

“I know, help get them into your van?”

“Good thinking, probably not legal, but better I deliver them lying flat instead of them throwing up in the car”

“I’ve got just the thing” replied Dean and went into the storeroom, to return with a flat trolley and said “Holds twenty cases of beer or two sleeping drunks”

***

Raj helped Craig get Justin into bed, then asked “Do you have a spare toothbrush, I don’t have my things?”

“Sure, but didn’t Edward give your bags. He was bringing them into the restaurant last night. That’s why he came in”

“I didn’t see Edward last night until I saw you and Dean wheeling them in the carpark. That was a sight you don’t see everyday”

“Yeah, but I wonder what Edward did with your bags?”

“Maybe he put them in his office at Divas”

“Or left them in his car”

“I’ll check with him in the morning”

“Good idea, now I’ll get that toothbrush for you”

***

Apart from offering pain relief, nothing was said by Craig or Romel to their respective partners the following morning. The crisis seemed to be over and when the hangovers were cured all would be well again between friends.

Edward had two days to rid his system of alcohol, then one day of fasting in preparation for his surgery. Justin had one extra day to prepare for his farewell performance or his return to ‘Benefits’ catering. Only the future would reveal which.

 

Edward’s surgery on Friday, went well and he went home on Sunday.

When Romel was on duty, Juanito used caring for Edward during his recovery, as a distraction from his problem with Raj. Edward caught on to this and used the opportunity to engage Juanito in conversations that skirted around the subject until the day before Christmas Eve.

“Are you going to ring your family in Manila tomorrow before the Christmas day rush, when the lines are tied up?”

“I don’t think that happens with modern technology, but I’ll call both days, so I get to talk to everyone during Holy Week”

“And will you be with us on Christmas day?”

“I don’t have anything else planned”

“Good, but threes not enough for a party, so I’ve invited a guest”

“Anyone I know? I thought all your friends had family gatherings planned”

“All except one, who is badly in need of some family love”

“No, no, no”

“Oh yes, yes, yes. This has to be faced. Romel and I have given you time to deal with this, but you’ve made no attempt to contact Raj and talk through your differences. So come Christmas day, the first I’ve ever had with Romel by the way, you two can either sit down and discuss this like rational adults, OR...”

“Or what?”

“I haven’t work out that part yet... Maybe a cage fight?”

“This is no joking matter”

“Don’t you think I know that? And because of that, it has to be discussed and worked through. It won’t go away by ignoring it and even if you and Raj can’t come to an agreeable arrangement, you at least owe him the opportunity for him to put his case”

“Have you had this discussion with Raj?”

“Not as such, but the circumstances are different, he wants to talk to you. Craig is offering all the support he can, but ultimately it is you that has to start the conversation”

“Actually, you are probably right...again. I’ll talk to Raj, but I’m not making any promises about taking him back”

“I don’t expect you to do that yet. It’s a process and starts with the first conversation”

“Alright”

“So Christmas day is talking day. I’ll prepare a nice lunch, not too fancy, and we’ll all have a few drinks to relax us. On second thoughts, very few drinks for me. My head hurts just thinking about drinking”

“Yeah, you never explained that”

“Let’s just say Justin and I pissed our differences against the toilet wall”

“I think I understand, but don’t bother to explain anymore”

“Good, because I wasn’t planning to”

Next Chapter - A disappointment for Caleb. - Cook and Carol come to the party. - A naughty Christmas Elf. - Jonathan makes an announcement.
Copyright © 2021 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 7
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awesome chapter. Great to see Edward and Justin solve there differences and get talking again over a few afternoon drinks.

Junatio and Raj not talking, is going to cause problems with there various friends. Hopefully Edward's plan to get them talking works.

I'm glad Edward had no problems with his surgery.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

Oh boy lets talk about the teaser first... That all sounds exciting except for Caleb's disappointment. Hmm Cook and Carol at a party with Naughty Elf Justin I am assuming... And what big announcement does Jonathon have is he proposing? 

Okay again I know Raj's announcement threw Juanito for a loop. But here again we have someone not acting as an adult but wants to be treated as one... He doesn't have to take Raj back but they certainly do need to face the issue and talk.  

Quote

haven’t a drunk with me Matt Edwards luv the Merlin LUV me

Some one liked the wine a bit too much 2 people actually LOL.  I'm glad to see things have improved with Justin and Edward it seems what ever Tristan and Justin talked about and the situation with Justin clearing his guilt some by talking to Craig has helped ease his mind some and put it straight.  

Glad to Edward on the mend from his surgery. 

Okay @Wombat Bill Bring on the next chapter so we can see what those teasers are really about. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

@chris191070, I agree with you.  Good to see Edward and Justin talking again, and Juanito and Raj definitely need to talk.  Edward's surgery went well, but there will be some once-in-a-while twinges of pain for him, unless he is extraordinarily lucky.  But the fact that it went well will work wonders with him.

@quttzik, I agree about the teaser at this point.  On the teaser, the naughty Christmas elf is probably Justin, but it COULD be Dante or even Jonathan.  After all, Jonathan has been loosening up lately.  And Cook and Carol could cause and conceive something, in the future if not in the immediate close coming up and converging commencement of events.  

By the way, is Carol young enough to get pregnant by Dante?  Or Cook?  That would shake things up!

I hope Caleb has not waited too long, such that Lucas has another boyfriend already.

@Summerabbacat, your prophetic perceptions have often been proved prescient.  I look forward to your comments.

@Wombat Bill -- how do you keep coming up with such remarkable paragraphs and passages in your chapters?  I am going to need to come of with suitable synonyms for "Well done."  

  • Love 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. Great to see Edward and Justin solve there differences and get talking again over a few afternoon drinks.

The understatement of the year @chris191070. I had a hearty chuckle when I read this, hence my 'ha ha' emoticon for your comment.

Justin went a long way to redeeming himself with his actions in this chapter, even when they were somewhat delayed e.g. agreeing with Craig to offer Raj a home, albeit temporarily. I even found his comments regarding Poppy's patrons amusing, until he said "Oh don’t concern yourself Ms Vegan, I’m sure chef doesn’t fry the tofu in the same pan as the steak.". Justin may think this petty, but I have been known to ask this question myself to ensure anything used to chop, prepare or cook meat is not used to chop, prepare or cook my non-meat food. I admit I probably would be none the wiser if it had, but I like to make the effort.

Edward and Craig were the "stars" again in this chapter. Raj is fortunate to have both of them in "his corner" as he commences his journey to womanhood. I have deliberately used the masculine rather than the feminine pronoun to describe Raj, so as to reinforce the extent of his journey and the courage he has displayed thus far in embracing his true self.

The teasers for the next chapter open a multitude of scenarios. I am going to showcase the most bizarre or the least likely:

* a disappointment for Caleb - a customer at Poppy's chokes on one of the C&G biscuits and lodges a complaint with NSW Fair Trading; as a result of the complaint, C&G biscuits are ordered to make changes to their biscuit recipe or face prosecution; Caleb is disappointed and he and Gran decide it is all too much and disband their short-lived business venture

* Cook and Carol come to the party - Lachlan has decided to cater the party at Crystalline, thus Cook and Carol are party guests rather than employees preparing food for or waiting on the party guests; both are "hot to trot" and ready for action (they are hoping for Dante to attend with some hot Italian stallions); however, something very peculiar happens, maybe as a result of the consumption of a little too much domestic champagne (I refuse to call it pinot noir chardonnay to appease the French); Cook and Carol both discover their "inner lesbian" and are swept off their feet by the luscious lipstick lesbians, Alma and Brenda, and become swept-up in a symphony of sensual Sapphic satisfaction

* a naughty Christmas elf - this just has to be Gran; Christmas morning has arrived at the home of Craig and Justin; Gran (after imbibing a few G&T's the night before, along with the Christmas cake and lemonade (which she laced with vodka) left out for Santa) has been very naughty; during the night she swapped the gift cards for most of the presents so that there may be a few surprises (and a few of the Simpson family with red-faces); Craig's present for his mother was a tasteful piece of jewellery, however, Gran swapped it with Craig's gift for Justin and when Craig's mother opens her gift it is a diamante-encrusted cock ring; Justin's present for Craig was a vintage, unused, priceless Jeff Stryker dildo, encased in a hand-carved box, however, naughty Gran swapped the gift card for Craig's father, well you can imagine Mr Simpson's face when he opened this gift (not to mention poor Justin's face); all those present soon realise that Gran, who played a Christmas elf in many a nativity play as a child, has been at work during the night; Gran manages to get away with it though as she is an "uber-cool old lady" as Caleb likes to remind them (even though he received some sexy Bluebella women's undergarments as his Christmas gift from Craig's mother)

What Craig and Justin did not know was that Lilac Le Circe, the proprietor of Pleasure Plus, the sex shop where they purchased their gifts for each other, is an old school friend of Gran’s. In school she was known by her birth name, Kevin Smith, but changed it when she transitioned in the 1960’s. Lilac mentioned to Gran one day when they met at Vintage Cellars that Craig and Justin had been in the shop to buy each other some rather "naughty" Christmas gifts. The mischievous child in Gran discovered the hiding place for these gifts and the rest is history.

* Jonathan makes an announcement - Jonathan calls for everyone's attention during the party at Crystalline; he announces that he and Lachlan have purchased the property next door to Crystalline and are going to turn it into a safe-house for homeless or endangered LGBTQI youth; the safe-house will also offer a business opportunity for the youth who can acquire numerous skills in running a circus (which will not feature any non-human animals as "entertainment"); the circus will abide by all its legal obligations, including taxation obligations, under the guidance of a newly-reformed Jack and Candy

I am exhausted; I have taxed my imagination a little too much. Well @Wombat Bill, I thought I was going to get away with a "tear-free" chapter, but no, you threw a "saddy" in near the end of the chapter. “All except one, who is badly in need of some family love”. Will Edward ever cease to amaze and enthrall; I sincerely hope not.

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Summerabbacat said:

The understatement of the year @chris191070. I had a hearty chuckle when I read this, hence my 'ha ha' emoticon for your comment.

Justin went a long way to redeeming himself with his actions in this chapter, even when they were somewhat delayed e.g. agreeing with Craig to offer Raj a home, albeit temporarily. I even found his comments regarding Poppy's patrons amusing, until he said "Oh don’t concern yourself Ms Vegan, I’m sure chef doesn’t fry the tofu in the same pan as the steak.". Justin may think this petty, but I have been known to ask this question myself to ensure anything used to chop, prepare or cook meat is not used to chop, prepare or cook my non-meat food. I admit I probably would be none the wiser if it had, but I like to make the effort.

Edward and Craig were the "stars" again in this chapter. Raj is fortunate to have both of them in "his corner" as he commences his journey to womanhood. I have deliberately used the masculine rather than the feminine pronoun to describe Raj, so as to reinforce the extent of his journey and the bravery he has displayed thus far in embracing his true self.

The teasers for the next chapter open a multitude of scenarios. I am going to showcase the most bizarre or the least likely:

* a disappointment for Caleb - a customer at Poppy's chokes on one of the C&G biscuits and lodges a complaint with NSW Fair Trading; as a result of the complaint, C&G biscuits are ordered to make changes to their biscuit recipe or face prosecution; Caleb is disheartened and he and Gran decide it is all too much and disband their short-lived business venture

* Cook and Carol come to the party - Lachlan has decided to cater the party at Crystalline, thus Cook and Carol are party guests rather than employees preparing food for or waiting on the party guests; both are "hot to trot" and ready for action (they are hoping for Dante to attend with some hot Italian stallions); however, something very peculiar happens, maybe as a result of the consumption of a little too much domestic champagne (I refuse to call it pinot noir chardonnay to appease the French); Cook and Carol both discover their "inner lesbian" and are swept off their feet by the luscious lipstick lesbians, Alma and Brenda, and become swept-up in a symphony of sensual Sapphic satisfaction

* a naughty Christmas elf - this just has to be Gran; Christmas morning has arrived at the home of Craig and Justin; Gran (after imbibing a few G&T's the night before, along with the Christmas cake and lemonade (which she laced with vodka) left out for Santa) has been very naughty; during the night she swapped the gift cards for most of the presents so that there may be a few surprises (and a few of the Simpson family with red-faces); Craig's present for his mother was a tasteful piece of jewellery, however, Gran swapped it with Craig's gift for Justin and when Craig's mother opens her gift it is a diamante-encrusted cock ring; Justin's present for Craig was a vintage, unused, priceless Jeff Stryker dildo, encased in a hand-carved box, however, naughty Gran swapped the gift card for Craig's father, well you can imagine Mr Simpson's face when he opened this gift (not to mention poor Justin's face); all those present soon realise that Gran, who played a Christmas elf in many a nativity play as a child, has been at work during the night; Gran manages to get away with it though as she is an "uber-cool old lady" as Caleb likes to remind them (even though he received some sexy Bluebella women's undergarments as his Christmas gift from Craig's mother)

* Jonathan makes an announcement - Jonathan calls for everyone's attention during the party at Crystalline; he announces that he and Lachlan have purchased the property next door to Crystalline and are going to turn it into a safe-house for homeless or endangered LGBTQI youth; the safe-house will also offer a business opportunity for the youth who can acquire numerous skills in running a circus (which will not feature any non-human animals as "entertainment") which will abide by all its legal obligations, under the guidance of a newly-reformed Jack and Candy

I am exhausted; I have taxed my imagination a little too much. Well @Wombat Bill, I thought I was going to get away with a "tear-free" chapter, but no, you threw a "saddy" in near the end of the chapter. “All except one, who is badly in need of some family love”. Will Edward ever cease to amaze and enthrall; I sincerely hope not.

You'd be very surprised by what some professional Chefs do in there kitchens to cut corners (I'm a Chef).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Summerabbacat said:

The understatement of the year @chris191070. I had a hearty chuckle when I read this, hence my 'ha ha' emoticon for your comment.

Justin went a long way to redeeming himself with his actions in this chapter, even when they were somewhat delayed e.g. agreeing with Craig to offer Raj a home, albeit temporarily. I even found his comments regarding Poppy's patrons amusing, until he said "Oh don’t concern yourself Ms Vegan, I’m sure chef doesn’t fry the tofu in the same pan as the steak.". Justin may think this petty, but I have been known to ask this question myself to ensure anything used to chop, prepare or cook meat is not used to chop, prepare or cook my non-meat food. I admit I probably would be none the wiser if it had, but I like to make the effort.

Edward and Craig were the "stars" again in this chapter. Raj is fortunate to have both of them in "his corner" as he commences his journey to womanhood. I have deliberately used the masculine rather than the feminine pronoun to describe Raj, so as to reinforce the extent of his journey and the bravery he has displayed thus far in embracing his true self.

The teasers for the next chapter open a multitude of scenarios. I am going to showcase the most bizarre or the least likely:

* a disappointment for Caleb - a customer at Poppy's chokes on one of the C&G biscuits and lodges a complaint with NSW Fair Trading; as a result of the complaint, C&G biscuits are ordered to make changes to their biscuit recipe or face prosecution; Caleb is disheartened and he and Gran decide it is all too much and disband their short-lived business venture

* Cook and Carol come to the party - Lachlan has decided to cater the party at Crystalline, thus Cook and Carol are party guests rather than employees preparing food for or waiting on the party guests; both are "hot to trot" and ready for action (they are hoping for Dante to attend with some hot Italian stallions); however, something very peculiar happens, maybe as a result of the consumption of a little too much domestic champagne (I refuse to call it pinot noir chardonnay to appease the French); Cook and Carol both discover their "inner lesbian" and are swept off their feet by the luscious lipstick lesbians, Alma and Brenda, and become swept-up in a symphony of sensual Sapphic satisfaction

* a naughty Christmas elf - this just has to be Gran; Christmas morning has arrived at the home of Craig and Justin; Gran (after imbibing a few G&T's the night before, along with the Christmas cake and lemonade (which she laced with vodka) left out for Santa) has been very naughty; during the night she swapped the gift cards for most of the presents so that there may be a few surprises (and a few of the Simpson family with red-faces); Craig's present for his mother was a tasteful piece of jewellery, however, Gran swapped it with Craig's gift for Justin and when Craig's mother opens her gift it is a diamante-encrusted cock ring; Justin's present for Craig was a vintage, unused, priceless Jeff Stryker dildo, encased in a hand-carved box, however, naughty Gran swapped the gift card for Craig's father, well you can imagine Mr Simpson's face when he opened this gift (not to mention poor Justin's face); all those present soon realise that Gran, who played a Christmas elf in many a nativity play as a child, has been at work during the night; Gran manages to get away with it though as she is an "uber-cool old lady" as Caleb likes to remind them (even though he received some sexy Bluebella women's undergarments as his Christmas gift from Craig's mother)

* Jonathan makes an announcement - Jonathan calls for everyone's attention during the party at Crystalline; he announces that he and Lachlan have purchased the property next door to Crystalline and are going to turn it into a safe-house for homeless or endangered LGBTQI youth; the safe-house will also offer a business opportunity for the youth who can acquire numerous skills in running a circus (which will not feature any non-human animals as "entertainment") which will abide by all its legal obligations, under the guidance of a newly-reformed Jack and Candy

I am exhausted; I have taxed my imagination a little too much. Well @Wombat Bill, I thought I was going to get away with a "tear-free" chapter, but no, you threw a "saddy" in near the end of the chapter. “All except one, who is badly in need of some family love”. Will Edward ever cease to amaze and enthrall; I sincerely hope not.

I think Caleb's disappointment is more to do with the prospective boyfriend.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

@Summerabbacat, your inner entertainer and imaginative improvisation elf are now exposed!  I bow to the vintage of verbal tautology and terrific word-play shown.  

@chris191070 has reminded me of some of the things which would happen in retail, especially near holidays, when stockrooms were full-to-overflowing with merchandise -- usually.  Over the years, we became much better at organization, and could find things quickly.  Eventually, electronic location techniques were developed.  But some customers were not convinced.  When a customer would ask, "Is there any of {item zyxqwertyuiop in the stockroom," we learned in such a case to go back to the stockroom and stay a sufficient time to look well, either coming back with the item requested, or having stayed long enough to satisfy the Doubting Thomas or Desperate Diane that we had actually looked -- even if the stockroom shelves were empty!

And Chris, I worked in a restaurant with some really good cooks.  Some of the shortcuts used to be speedy without sacrificing quality are truly works of art.  Two of the cooks I knew were not technically chefs, but were truly talented.

@quttzik -- Raj and Juanito indeed have some difficult discussions to do.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Summerabbacat said:

The understatement of the year @chris191070. I had a hearty chuckle when I read this, hence my 'ha ha' emoticon for your comment.

Justin went a long way to redeeming himself with his actions in this chapter, even when they were somewhat delayed e.g. agreeing with Craig to offer Raj a home, albeit temporarily. I even found his comments regarding Poppy's patrons amusing, until he said "Oh don’t concern yourself Ms Vegan, I’m sure chef doesn’t fry the tofu in the same pan as the steak.". Justin may think this petty, but I have been known to ask this question myself to ensure anything used to chop, prepare or cook meat is not used to chop, prepare or cook my non-meat food. I admit I probably would be none the wiser if it had, but I like to make the effort.

Edward and Craig were the "stars" again in this chapter. Raj is fortunate to have both of them in "his corner" as he commences his journey to womanhood. I have deliberately used the masculine rather than the feminine pronoun to describe Raj, so as to reinforce the extent of his journey and the courage he has displayed thus far in embracing his true self.

The teasers for the next chapter open a multitude of scenarios. I am going to showcase the most bizarre or the least likely:

* a disappointment for Caleb - a customer at Poppy's chokes on one of the C&G biscuits and lodges a complaint with NSW Fair Trading; as a result of the complaint, C&G biscuits are ordered to make changes to their biscuit recipe or face prosecution; Caleb is disappointed and he and Gran decide it is all too much and disband their short-lived business venture

* Cook and Carol come to the party - Lachlan has decided to cater the party at Crystalline, thus Cook and Carol are party guests rather than employees preparing food for or waiting on the party guests; both are "hot to trot" and ready for action (they are hoping for Dante to attend with some hot Italian stallions); however, something very peculiar happens, maybe as a result of the consumption of a little too much domestic champagne (I refuse to call it pinot noir chardonnay to appease the French); Cook and Carol both discover their "inner lesbian" and are swept off their feet by the luscious lipstick lesbians, Alma and Brenda, and become swept-up in a symphony of sensual Sapphic satisfaction

* a naughty Christmas elf - this just has to be Gran; Christmas morning has arrived at the home of Craig and Justin; Gran (after imbibing a few G&T's the night before, along with the Christmas cake and lemonade (which she laced with vodka) left out for Santa) has been very naughty; during the night she swapped the gift cards for most of the presents so that there may be a few surprises (and a few of the Simpson family with red-faces); Craig's present for his mother was a tasteful piece of jewellery, however, Gran swapped it with Craig's gift for Justin and when Craig's mother opens her gift it is a diamante-encrusted cock ring; Justin's present for Craig was a vintage, unused, priceless Jeff Stryker dildo, encased in a hand-carved box, however, naughty Gran swapped the gift card for Craig's father, well you can imagine Mr Simpson's face when he opened this gift (not to mention poor Justin's face); all those present soon realise that Gran, who played a Christmas elf in many a nativity play as a child, has been at work during the night; Gran manages to get away with it though as she is an "uber-cool old lady" as Caleb likes to remind them (even though he received some sexy Bluebella women's undergarments as his Christmas gift from Craig's mother)

What Craig and Justin did not know was that Lilac Le Circe, the proprietor of Pleasure Plus, the sex shop where they purchased their gifts for each other, is an old school friend of Gran’s. In school she was known by her birth name, Kevin Smith, but changed it when she transitioned in the 1960’s. Lilac mentioned to Gran one day when they met at Vintage Cellars that Craig and Justin had been in the shop to buy each other some rather "naughty" Christmas gifts. The mischievous child in Gran discovered the hiding place for these gifts and the rest is history.

* Jonathan makes an announcement - Jonathan calls for everyone's attention during the party at Crystalline; he announces that he and Lachlan have purchased the property next door to Crystalline and are going to turn it into a safe-house for homeless or endangered LGBTQI youth; the safe-house will also offer a business opportunity for the youth who can acquire numerous skills in running a circus (which will not feature any non-human animals as "entertainment"); the circus will abide by all its legal obligations, including taxation obligations, under the guidance of a newly-reformed Jack and Candy

I am exhausted; I have taxed my imagination a little too much. Well @Wombat Bill, I thought I was going to get away with a "tear-free" chapter, but no, you threw a "saddy" in near the end of the chapter. “All except one, who is badly in need of some family love”. Will Edward ever cease to amaze and enthrall; I sincerely hope not.

I had to leave a HaHa emote on your comment a couple of your suggestions had me roflmao. A couple of them tho sounds like a great probability. I never even considered an issue with the C&G Cookie Company.  It could be since I haven’t seen it discussed that they are facing legal issues because they didn’t go through the proper channels to distribute a food product.

And your suggestion about Jonathon’s announcement has a ring of possibility as well, again not something I thought of.

7 hours ago, chris191070 said:

You'd be very surprised by what some professional Chefs do in there kitchens to cut corners (I'm a Chef).

I really don’t want to know or think about this statement lol I eat out a lot or well did before the pandemic.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
13 hours ago, ReaderPaul said:

By the way, is Carol young enough to get pregnant by Dante?  Or Cook?  That would shake things up!

Chapter 8

Do you know much about her?”

“Only that she’s worked her since she finished school. She’s the daughter of the maid of one of Mrs Prices friends and she gave her the job as a favour to her friend. She doesn’t seem to have much life outside of the property.”

“I thought as much, she really should get out more and meet people her own age. She’s very needy.”

13 hours ago, ReaderPaul said:

how do you keep coming up with such remarkable paragraphs and passages in your chapters? 

Thank you, but I don't have to anymore. The comments (suggestions)  on this chapter have provided enough material for a new book.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

@Summerabbacat To you ' will just quote @chris191070 "nothing left to say."

I've noticed a new trend to discuss the next chapter teasers, with the same depth as the current chapter and even before the current analysis. Lots of good material though.

3 hours ago, quttzik said:

I never even considered an issue with the C&G Cookie Company.  It could be since I haven’t seen it discussed that they are facing legal issues because they didn’t go through the proper channels to distribute a food product.

NO, NO, NO, we will not see Gran in the witness dock, giving evidence to defend her cooking. Sometimes you groupies go TOO FAR.

11 hours ago, chris191070 said:

I think Caleb's disappointment is more to do with the prospective boyfriend.

I can work with that one, if necessary.

11 hours ago, Summerabbacat said:

* a naughty Christmas elf - this just has to be Gran;

So it's 'pick on Gran' day, is it.

 

11 hours ago, Summerabbacat said:

turn it into a safe-house for homeless or endangered LGBTQI youth; the safe-house will also offer a business opportunity for the youth who can acquire numerous skills

I was a bit worried about this suggestion up to this point, but you did redeem yourself @Summerabbacat 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Wombat Bill said:

 

So it's 'pick on Gran' day, is it.

No, no, no. It is definitely not 'pick on Gran day'. Gran has firmly established herself as a fan (CWB groupie) favourite. She has shown a degree of sauciness and mischief in her interactions with Caleb of late. She had already shown herself to be a "modern girl" in her acceptance of Justin as Craig's partner, and Caleb seems to have added even further zing to the "uber-cool old lady". The elfin behaviour I attributed to her is not likely, but I can imagine her playing a harmless practical joke, and more importantly getting away with it because of her friendly nature.

  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

@Wombat BillI loved this chapter I thought it was so funny. I loved that Craig had to use a dolly to wheel Justin and Edward to the van.
I think the naughty elf is of course Gran,

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..