Does Lady Gaga Inspire You?

Guest brileyblue11

Guest brileyblue11

Lady Gaga is undeniably one of the biggest pop music artists today.

She has changed the world of music with her retro style. From the clothes she wears, up to her sexually charged dance songs.

She said, before she was Lady Gaga, she had troubles entering into the music industry. Some said she will never make it, and her turning point was the gay community.

Gays inspire her, but does Lady Gaga inspire you?

• Like 1

Lady Gaga is undeniably one of the biggest pop music artists today. Gays inspire her, but does Lady Gaga inspire you?

Not. In. The. Least. Bit.

First off, I don't dismiss her credibility as a self-made performer and do recognize that she's done some pretty remarkable things but quite frankly there are many and much more inspirational figures out in the world that are worth looking up to for me.

I don't find inspiration in something that repulses me. I don't enjoy her overthehead flashy style and it's sad to me to see the current generation of people just eat up on the shock factor that she completely relies on. The fact that your first sentence stands true is no more ridiculous to me than how Rebecca Black is emerging as a pop culture phenomenon. Additionally, it's not like I mold myself to be or have the demeanor of some pseudo-macho insecure fag-hating fag, but I am far from being a fan of the typical gay scene with the filtered down type of superficial pride. The fact that it's seemingly becoming Gaga's purpose to fuel those kind of thing and even write a song that's virtually a gay anthem really just triggers my gag reflex

But hey that's just me and I'll prolly get piled on by all the Gaga enthusiast here who think she's the next best thing since sliced bread but I'm entitled to not enjoy what I don't enjoy.

Edited by Yang Bang
  • Like 2

hmm, I like Lady Gaga more than the other so called gay idols (Britney, Madonna etc)

But I don't like her enough to be truly inspired, and the only song of hers that I really like is Bad Romance.

I think the only way she inspires me is her attitude during Interviews, she really does put on a personality, a "being famous" mind set kind of , so her interviews are usually fun to watch.

And I'm always interested in her Music videos and can't wait for the upcoming Judas one, but I never got inspirations out of her MVs, they're just kind of fun to watch I guess.

Umm no.

I was neutral on her until this latest Judas release stunt, now I find her just sad.

Lady Gaga, Catholic Church Exchange Blows

There was nothing original about her church baiting stunt, Madonna and Sinead O'Connor among others have already been there. Find something else to gin up attention.

I love her fashion sense, and how she's so pro gay rights! And gives young musicians a chance to work with her. Like that little girl on youtube who was playing born this way on piano.

I love her fashion sense, and how she's so pro gay rights! And gives young musicians a chance to work with her. Like that little girl on youtube who was playing born this way on piano.

The little girl is from my city: Winnipeg!Posted Image

I love her songs(well, the old ones), but she doesn't inspire me. Not at all. Her style is so not me.

I like a mix of classical and modern. Draws in audience. I like how telephone has classical harp starting the intro...

I like what this guy did with a classical violin..

Ok, her music isn't bad and is catchy and sorta club-ish music. As for an inspiration, ummm....no. She's basically an over-the-top flashy whore who does incredibly weird music videos, and is just another pop phenomenon. Why should she be an idol? Look for people who have actually made a true contribution to society, not a flashy pop star.

Ok, her music isn't bad and is catchy and sorta club-ish music. As for an inspiration, ummm....no. She's basically an over-the-top flashy whore who does incredibly weird music videos, and is just another pop phenomenon. Why should she be an idol? Look for people who have actually made a true contribution to society, not a flashy pop star.

QFT (quoted for truth) Edited by Tomas

I've heard much better voices (Adele, for one), and seen better dancing and choreography. Much of her work is very derivative, and relies on shock value at least as much as substance. That's true of any number of performers today.

I'm gratified that she's loyal to her gay audience, but she doesn't inspire me.

Yes, she inspires me...and that's coming from someone that otherwise hates pop music, dance music, techno music, and all that other crap.

It's really easy to look at the surface of her music or her videos and say "oh, she's just putting on a mask" or "it's just a shock factor"

I follow her on twitter, facebook, and every other thing she's on, I've watched and continue to watch every Gagavision video, and I've gotten to really know my Mother Monster. I've watched her cry for the sole reason that she fears she's letting her fans down. To see her at the Monster Ball is amazing, you really see how much she cares for her fans. How much she went through to put on that show multiple nights in a row. How engaging she is with them (there is a reason her concerts have been rated some of the greatest ever).

I was neutral on her until this latest Judas release stunt, now I find her just sad.

Lady Gaga, Catholic Church Exchange Blows

There was nothing original about her church baiting stunt, Madonna and Sinead O'Connor among others have already been there. Find something else to gin up attention.

It's not "church baiting" though i can see how you could come to that conclusion when you don't actually listen to the song or try and understand it. She's taking a representation that many people recognize and using it as way of portraying a story. It's a common thing in not only music, but literature, art, tv, movies, really anything. It's not an attack on the church, it's the church getting their poor little panties in a bunch because God forbid anyone use their beliefs in any way other than complete and utter devotion. Also, the video was NOT released over the Easter holiday, it's being released this week. Nor does the timing of a stupid holiday matter at all if you ask me, especially considering the Pagans could easily bash the Catholics for just happening to put their precious holiday right around the same time as their Easter festivals. POT, MEET KETTLE.

Will history remember Lady Gaga? Probably, for a while, just like it remembers Madonna, Cher, and others (personally, I don't like either of them). Eventually, just like everyone, she'll be forgotten.

Anyone who is inspired by her will consider her an idol. Just like anyone who is inspired by John Legend will consider him an idol. It doesn't matter who inspires you, as long as you're inspired. And as long as Lady Gaga inspires people, even if others don't like her or don't care for her or aren't inspired by her, she's worth sticking around. At the end of the day, what do her personal motives matter? Who cares if she's just trying to get rich (which, she already is by the way, there's really no need for her to continue if that's all she wanted)? It doesn't matter because at the end of the day...

...SHE MAKES PEOPLE'S LIVES BETTER

And that is enough for her to be an inspiration for me.

• Like 1

Look for people who have actually made a true contribution to society, not a flashy pop star.

What musicians would you say make a true contribution (please say Bach :P)...to society?

I'd do her.

I love how this was so random, but cracked me up :P I think she's taking a break from dating, sorry to dissapoint Mark :( BTW: Off topic, but your Master/Commander style story is awesome :P

I have not seen her meat act but maybe she should meat up with meatloaf?

or run from a pack of hungry wolves

ow ... will her songs make it to Glee?

ow ... will her songs make it to Glee?

They've already done an entire Gaga episode earlier where they worshipped her and did all her songs basically. And then the last episode was dedicated to "Born This Way"

What musicians would you say make a true contribution (please say Bach :P)...to society?

I don't know but certainly not many, and 110% positive that Lady GaGa is not and will never be on that list. Like I said before, he music isn't all that bad and is kinda catchy, but its just pop, and will eventually fade into obscurity.

No.

I find myself agreeing with Yang here. Personally, I don't get what the big deal is. So she climbed up on her own...she wouldn't have if people depended on the quality of the music rather than flashy lights and what-the-hell-is-she-wearing-now?! factor. Give me some good old Brahms, please. Or at least Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

• Like 1

No.

I find myself agreeing with Yang here. Personally, I don't get what the big deal is. So she climbed up on her own...she wouldn't have if people depended on the quality of the music rather than flashy lights and what-the-hell-is-she-wearing-now?! factor. Give me some good old Brahms, please. Or at least Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

Sadly didnt one of the nm orchestras declare bankcruptcy? I'm impressed by your taste in music not a lot of youth appreciate Brahms?

Absolutely.

When I first saw her I remember thinking it had been nine years since I defeated her at the end of Final Fantasy VIII. She's made a lot of things popular that us nerds have wanted to see become acceptable for years.

On occasion she pisses me off, but compared to other pop divas, I think she's remarkable. I can't understand what people see when they worship someone like Britney Spears. When you like Britney Spears, you really like an entire institution: her writers, her producers, her creative team; everything in fact, except Britney Spears. She has a hand in nothing anymore. When you see her live, she moves her mouth while her track plays. Granted, an industry has grown up around Gaga, but when she sits down at a piano in the middle of her concerts, there is no question that all the production can be traced back to her.

It seems like people strike a certain pose when they decry Gaga or something she does, but that's a whole other argument.

But yes: I am inspired when a twenty-one-year-old girl goes on a (so far) three-and-a-half-year spree where she makes history countless times. Does she draw heavily upon artists X, Y, and Z? Well duh: it's a lineage, and I don't think she pales in comparison to her predecessors. I think she could die now and people would still, fifty years from now, compare the next big diva to her.

It is true that I have heard fans say stupid things about her, but I blame them, not her. Just look at Jesus's followers.