Gay Country Song

methodwriter85

Hey, guys, our esteemed Adam Phillips gave his group a heads-up about this new gay-themed country song by an amateur Youtube singer/songwriter that's going viral.

I think we've all been there, but what I really love about the message of the video is that it's becoming a reality that a straight guy can be kissed by his gay friend, and it wouldn't end in a bashing and destroy their relationship. Pretty cool.

I really do love YouTube's ability to allow people to showcase their talent that they'd otherwise never get a chance to do.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

as "a country boy with a farmers tan" i want more gay country songs, though there are plenty that can be suggested either way. more more and love love for this  :wub:

Great to finally see a country song addressing this issue.  I bet a lot of the old timers are turning over in their graves though. 

I'd love to hear a reaction from some of the current country stars. 

meh... country muzak.

When you are actually FROM the country, it gets pretty old.

I really thought you'd have a much more enthusastic reaction to this song.

That was just awkward...i dunno....I mean I listen to country more than anything else and have for a very long time but that was incredibly awkward to listen to....it may grow on me tho so who knows. 

That was just awkward...i dunno....I mean I listen to country more than anything else and have for a very long time but that was incredibly awkward to listen to....it may grow on me tho so who knows. 

I can see what you're saying here...for me, it wasn't so much the lyrics(he IS pretty green when it comes to doing original music), but the beautiful visuals of the videos as well as the storyline that got me.

Edited by methodwriter85

1994 Sasha. ;)

I listen to country all the time and this song didn't seem too country to me.

Love the boy though. Wow, what abs. Oh yeah, cute butt too. =)

Gonna go stalk Good Morning America online now. lol

I'm not really a fan of this, although the only things that I do really listen to these days are Country songs.  The theme of the song was nice, the video was nice. But heh. I wouldn't call it true to form country music.  Just because it has whiskey and 'American Boy' in the song and in the video doesn't automatically make it country music.

His voice and looks were too incredibly rock/pop for my liking. 

When we get a singer that looks and sounds like George Strait, only then can we definitely say we have our first gay country song with a mainstream feel. :P

Babysteps, I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a pretty good interview  I found with Steve Grand. Check it out!

I came out of reading it feeling even more impressed by the guy. I found him very articulate about his journey in figuring himself out as an artist, as a gay man, and most of all, as a person.

The video is currently standing at 1.8 million views and counting, so good on him.

Considering what they are peddling as Country Music today, then Wow!  If Taylor Swift if considered country, I would say this guy is Conway Twitty!

I thought it was fantastic.

Edited by Pete Bruno

And....*drumroll*......country music still sucks. 

(maybe I'm biased because I was surrounded by country music loving hicks growing up). 

Can't you just sit back and let yourself enjoy how damn cute Steve Grand is? LOL.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Can't you just sit back and let yourself enjoy how damn cute Steve Grand is? LOL.

No. Country music reminds me of ugly, fat rednecks in shitkickers with beat up pickups that have 15 inch lifts and confederate flag stickers in the back window (despite the fact that they live about a thousand miles north of the Mason/Dixon line). 

No. Country music reminds me of ugly, fat rednecks in shitkickers with beat up pickups that have 15 inch lifts and confederate flag stickers in the back window (despite the fact that they live about a thousand miles north of the Mason/Dixon line). 

So you hate Country music, let's not be an annoying little shit about it. :P