OK - we know where to find Peterson,  I have a box of nitrile gloves ( we don't need latex allergies!)  and a machete to cut the poison ivy vines.  Carlos - Florida is a fairly easy gun law state - can you get the airsoft?

No time for that now, Kitt, Wes has moved on! 

I have one question, by the way... given what we know about their first time, was Chad as incredibly awesome as I think he was? I mean, it was his first time with a man and he was so caring to Roy, and he had his own burden of fear to carry from That Night. I think he did really great. It seems almost superhuman to me.

• Like 3

No time for that now, Kitt, Wes has moved on! 

I have one question, by the way... given what we know about their first time, was Chad as incredibly awesome as I think he was? I mean, it was his first time with a man and he was so caring to Roy, and he had his own burden of fear to carry from That Night. I think he did really great. It seems almost superhuman to me.

Remember what a sad mess he was Irri! Chad isn't super human at all. I think he's just finally finding out about that side of himself. Anyway, I hope there is some balance in the story. He's not perfect, that's for sure.

• Like 2

Remember what a sad mess he was Irri! Chad isn't super human at all. I think he's just finally finding out about that side of himself. Anyway, I hope there is some balance in the story. He's not perfect, that's for sure.

No, but he was really brave to reach out to Roy the way he did. Small heroic acts, you know? He could've given up and left, after all. I am all  :wub:  for Chad.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

Cole, concerning Adi's 'set up' comment... I agree with him. Why was the boss there at night? I just assumed Silas was so jealous he told on Chad and thus the reason for his need to apologize. Figured you'd fill that bit in later on.

• Like 2

Cole, concerning Adi's 'set up' comment... I agree with him. Why was the boss there at night? I just assumed Silas was so jealous he told on Chad and thus the reason for his need to apologize. Figured you'd fill that bit in later on.

It will be laid out in Snow Ball but essentially it was their after work place, note the trailer across a lot from the bar.  That's actually a good place for me to start.  ;)

• Like 3

This is for Irri whenever she reads this.

Circuit Parties ARE fun. The experience is different for different people and our boys were like fish out of water. Cole captured the atmosphere perfectly--the drugs, the sex and the excess are all there. I've seen people needing to go to the emergency room because of too many drugs. But the other side of the coin is the friendship, the music and the feeling of brotherhood that can develop with total strangers even if just for one night. In many ways these parties are a celebration of one aspect of gay culture, an affirmation that it's ok to be open about who we are and what we like. Without the judgement Chad & Roy experienced in the elevator. That was a perfect scene, by the way.

• Like 4

Honestly, the only part of it that really sounded terrible was the volume, which was always my problem  :rolleyes: Cole gave us a really vivid sensory depiction of how it feels to be completely overwhelmed by it when you're sober... 

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 4

I can't stand too many people around me. At the latest when I can't move anymore  I have to get out. Dancing is okay for a while, but when I constantly bump into bodies I panick. If the whole thing is outside, everything is okay though. So reading Cole's description alone I knew I wouldn' want to be there.

• Like 2

I never quite understood the deafening volume. Whats the matter with keeping it down to this side of the pain point? 

But then - when the baseline on the stereo of the car behind me at the traffic light is hurting my ears I wonder that the driver can hear anything when he gets out of the car!

• Like 2

Last Springsteen concert I went to that I had tickets in the first few rows my ears were ringing all the way back from Orlando to Miami. Last August I went to a concert with AFI 30 Seconds to Mars and Linkin Park, front and center seats, same effect. But having Jared Leto grab my hand to balance himself while running through our seats and having his sweat drip on my face made it worth it! :P

• Like 1

But having Jared Leto grab my hand to balance himself while running through our seats and having his sweat drip on my face made it worth it! :P

That man is the definition of PRETTY...he is one hot dude...he could drip anything on my face :P  :*)

• Like 2

Adi, definitely not for everyone. Personally feeling a bunch of half naked, sweaty studs rubbing against me while we were all dancing to some great house music was never an issue :rofl:

Yeah it sounds definitely good to me too, alas I can't do it at least not inside a building. Ever since I found out, outside this isn't so much of an issue I love summer even more. :P

• Like 2

Adi, it was semi-outdoors--- the sides and back were open and most of the sitting at the venue is on a grassy knoll. The good reserved seats are under the roof so the volume is naturally louder. tht night it did rain for a bit but Leto still ran out under the rain and sang right in front of the people on the grass. I love their music and will buy anything they put out and will go see them in concert again any chance I get.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I have hyperacusis so loud environments are not something I tolerate well.  I have to wear earplugs when I go to concerts.  I also hate crowds, so Cole's description had me cringing.  If I was drunk, I doubt I'd care as much, though.  ;)  lol

• Like 3

Its a gift.  :P

I have to say... If you put mistletoe on your nipple rings, it seriously is just asking for trouble. Call me a victim-blamer, but....

I thought mistletoe in the nipples was very festive, though it does open up a person to manhandling! ;) 

• Like 5

Hey there!!!

Just finished the rough drafts of the last two chapters of the Art of Being Gay.  I have to say this story has been a huge surprise to me.  I've really enjoyed creating it and the response on this thread has been fantastic.  You have all driven this story to be a lot more than I had planned.  For that I thank you.  It's been a blast.  :)

• Like 4

Has anyone else been reading Ray's reviews of the story and enjoying them as much as I have?

It's sooooooo cool to see a fresh perspective on the tale when I'm half a dozen chapters ahead and can see where the guesses are correct, where they're wrong and where they are somewhere in between!

• Like 2