Timmy's Terrible Prompt Stories by TimothyM

Sooooo....how's the writing going?  *wink,wink.  nudge, nudge*   ;)

hmm, the good news are, I've sent a chapter to AC for beta reading :)  and we agree Team Rob will be pleased :D

the other good news are, it's almost 2,000 words making it the third longest prompt chapter so far   :read:

the final good news are, I'm writing on the next chapter using the most recent prompt, so I hope both will be posted this week. :yes:

the bad news... well the twins are languishing and cursing me for not paying attention. :no:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3

hmm, the good news are, I've sent a chapter to AC for beta reading :)  and we agree Team Rob will be pleased :D

the other good news are, it's almost 2,000 words making it the third longest prompt chapter so far   :read:

the final good news are, I'm writing on the next chapter using the most recent prompt, so I hope both will be postd this week. :yes:

the bad news... well the twins are languishing and cursing me for not paying attention. :no:

I'm sure the twins can entertain themselves in Copenhagen, but Rob is stuck in a mall in New Jersey, so he needs priority treatment!

JAR

• Like 3

the final good news are, I'm writing on the next chapter using the most recent prompt, so I hope both will be posted this week. :yes:

Very pleased about the new chapter :thumbup: I like the "team Rob will be pleased" comment, even if it's lacking in details :P

• Like 1

Very pleased about the new chapter :thumbup: I like the "team Rob will be pleased" comment, even if it's lacking in details :P

Aaaaaand it's back from AC - talk about fast. :)  I've dealt with most of his points, a bit more fiddling and ch 28 should be ready.

Do I hear any cheeping, or can it wait till tomorrow? :unsure:  :lol:

Aaaaaand it's back from AC - talk about fast. :)  I've dealt with most of his points, a bit more fiddling and ch 28 should be ready.

Do I hear any cheeping, or can it wait till tomorrow? :unsure:  :lol:

OMG ... are you getting off on teasing us? ;-)

JAR

• Like 1

partly :*)

but it's also nice to feel wanted...

or at least that my story is wanted. :yes:

Sorry to burst your bubble: ROB is wanted primarily  :funny:  :funny:  :funny:

Ok, by association you are wanted as well :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

JAR

• Like 1

Sorry to burst your bubble: ROB is wanted primarily  :funny:  :funny:  :funny:

Ok, by association you are wanted as well :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

JAR

OK, I'll take that. :lol:

So is this where I go back and look at that picture LL posted ?

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

I’ve thought of a few options, and I’d like your opinion.

1. Do you want more Rob POV chapters? Or even prefer them?
  2. Should I stay with Nelson (1st person POV) and Eric (3rd person POV), and toss in an occasional Rob (3rd person POV)? I.e. as I’ve done so far?
  3. Would you like Jasper to be included in the mix of POVs?
  4. Are you indifferent as long as you get more chapters?

I like different POV's, so for me you can continue like you have. Even though I enjoy the Rob ones, this is still Eric's and Nelson's story. It's better to have a separate sequel with Rob.

Also, speaking of new vocabulary. My phone wanted to write Rob-antics instead of my new invention. It seemed so fitting I almost left it like that.

• Like 1

2. Should I stay with Nelson (1st person POV) and Eric (3rd person POV), and toss in an occasional Rob (3rd person POV)? I.e. as I’ve done so far?

I think choosing the POV depends on what's going on in the chapter ...sometimes the outside pov is more enlightening, the inside pov more engaging ... the more important questions is: Whose adventures are we following here? And the most important question is: Whose adventures do I want read about? ;-)

JAR

• Like 1

Bottom line is these ( Rob's, Eric's and Nelson's, and to a point even Jasper's) are YOUR stories to tell. Tell them how ever you see fit!

There is a show on reality tv here called Deadliest Catch that chronicles crab boats in the Bearing Sea. Advice that was given to one of the skippers by the boat's owner would apply here as well. The man was told "Don't let the crew run the boat."

• Like 2

Kitt is right, it is your story to tell how ever the voices speak to you. I like what you've shared. Personally I would like to hear more from Jasper [i've got a thing for gingers] but perhaps he is less vocal than the others. Do what feels right, we're gonna read it.

• Like 2

Kitt is right, it is your story to tell how ever the voices speak to you. I like what you've shared. Personally I would like to hear more from Jasper [i've got a thing for gingers] but perhaps he is less vocal than the others. Do what feels right, we're gonna read it.

Maybe we should form not only the Rob-Club but also the GingerUnlimitedNetwork (GUN) ;-)

JAR

Loved the latest chapter, Tim...I'll have to look at the movie they saw, not heard of it. One thing confused me a bit: when I used to go to movies, either at single theaters or multis, you bought a ticket for the specific movie, but once you got in, you sat wherever you could find a spot, there wer no specific seat assignments. I'm not sure how concerts in big venues or sports games work, never been to one, but those might have official seat numbers since they are numbered in baseball diamonds.

On the two occasions I've been to actual plays: The Barber of Seville during my junior year of high school when the chemistry teacher took some of us boys to see it at a restored playhouse--we did have specific seats, and the other was to see Tecumseh  at an outdoor theater (no specific seats) so the jury is still out. During college, I attended several performances and lectures at the university chapel, and there wer no tickets, just pay an admission fee...(thats where I saw the great harpsichordist Igor Kipnis perform works by Scarlatti).

It must be the democratic thing working here--most entertainment is informal, you go dressed however you want and sit anywhere--only in more formal things which would have been upper class in Europe or Britain will you find dressing up and the full treatment necessary. :)

Awesome chapter, but I was saddened to see most chances of Rob getting bi being dashed.

• Like 1

Good point, CG, over here we always get specific seats, no matter the size of the movie theatre. Initially I had the ticket taker by the doors to the specific theatre, but AC told me the norma thing is to have ticket takers for the whole cineplex and indeed this is also often the case here. But he didn't comment on the assigned seats part. :)

(Another good thing about having a Beta, you can blame him for not spotting such mistakes, lol)

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the chapter in spite of having your hopes dashed concerning Rob's sexuality. But as I said he might experiment, but his romantic interests are female. Sorry ;)

• Like 1

Oh, I think I can deal with Rob being straightish, so long as you don't go into icky details of his sexual activities--unless they're with a cute guy just to relieve tension. :)

I'm pretty sure you will describe any activities tastefully, but I'd like to leave visions of the hetero lifestyle in the realm of the Great Unknown.  :X

• Like 2

I like Rob as he is, loving, protective, accepting, honest [i like that he can admit to recognizing and appreciating an attractive guy] a bit irreverent. We should all have a straight friend like him. Someone who treats us a person not a concept.

• Like 3

I wouldn't mind a few more Rob POV chapters - but in the end this is Nelson and Eric's story.  You've done a great job with what you have done so far.  

• Like 1

I like Rob as he is, loving, protective, accepting, honest [i like that he can admit to recognizing and appreciating an attractive guy] a bit irreverent. We should all have a straight friend like him. Someone who treats us a person not a concept.

I agree -  I think Rob is far more effective in the story as the supportive, teasing, straight brother and friend who is comfortable enough with himself to know that men can be hot - even if his own tastes lean towards women.  The world would be a far less hostile place for gay men if there were more straight men like Rob around.

• Like 2