2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

One a week worked well before, so that’s my vote. If you’re looking for votes, that is. 

yeah looking for peoples thoughts

• Like 2
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

After chapter 1 ... i need to decide how many chapters a week... 1 or 2 ...

9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

yeah looking for peoples thoughts

i think twice a week, like Saturday and Thursday

Thursday since you don't work on Friday, you'd not be rushed in the morning posting it, but that puts releases really close together

Saturday and Wednesday would be good too, but i wouldn't want you to feel rushed on a work morning.....

yeah, that wasn't much help, was it, lol!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i think twice a week, like Saturday and Thursday

Thursday since you don't work on Friday, you'd not be rushed in the morning posting it, but that puts releases really close together

Saturday and Wednesday would be good too, but i wouldn't want you to feel rushed on a work morning.....

yeah, that wasn't much help, was it, lol!

ok, so i know i'm tired, but that really didn't make a lot of sense, Thursday is still a work day......

i'll be quiet now

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

ok, so i know i'm tired, but that really didn't make a lot of sense, Thursday is still a work day......

i'll be quiet now

i understood it .. :D 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator

I showed Harry and Gareth to the spare room. I'd popped up earlier to make the bed and put towels in the bathroom.

We would have probably all figured the guest room was good to go for Harry and Gareth (still wrapping my brain around the fact Harry is married...  :o ), but this added line just adds a little extra of “something” to the details that make this story real in the minds of readers.

As for Max? I like that he’s a teenager, because while he is sure to miss his parents, not being able to walk is likely to be more of an ordeal for a teen than a child. I could see Don and Louis being more permissive and coddling with a child as well. Regardless of the age of their foster child, they’d be kind and compassionate, but I can see them relating to a Max more on an adult level, and let the built in “grandparents”, especially Rena, fuss over Max. Then again, Robert is Max’s social worker, so that relationship could prove to be interesting. 

I had a thought that Louis might be permissive as well, but thinking back to how he handled the same situation with Don, I’m rethinking that hypothesis a bit. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

I keep telling everyone that my Halo is held up by Devil Horns.

And THAT I believe!

20 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

After chapter 1 ... i need to decide how many chapters a week... 1 or 2 ...

1 a week, 1 a day - I will take anything you decide to give!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

We would have probably all figured the guest room was good to go for Harry and Gareth (still wrapping my brain around the fact Harry is married...  :o ), but this added line just adds a little extra of “something” to the details that make this story real in the minds of readers.

As for Max? I like that he’s a teenager, because while he is sure to miss his parents, not being able to walk is likely to be more of an ordeal for a teen than a child. I could see Don and Louis being more permissive and coddling with a child as well. Regardless of the age of their foster child, they’d be kind and compassionate, but I can see them relating to a Max more on an adult level, and let the built in “grandparents”, especially Rena, fuss over Max. Then again, Robert is Max’s social worker, so that relationship could prove to be interesting. 

I had a thought that Louis might be permissive as well, but thinking back to how he handled the same situation with Don, I’m rethinking that hypothesis a bit. 

Harry and Gareth were mentioned in the epilogue of Changes as married. I wanted Harry to find some happiness because i like him and i thought he deserved someone.   I hope you like Max, i hope i wrote him well.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Kitt said:

And THAT I believe!

1 a week, 1 a day - I will take anything you decide to give!

Likely one a week.. but maybe a bonus or two.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Harry and Gareth were mentioned in the epilogue of Changes as married. I wanted Harry to find some happiness because i like him and i thought he deserved someone.   I hope you like Max, i hope i wrote him well.

Okay, I’ll take your word for it, because I don’t remember that bit. Maybe a revisit to said epilogue is in order...

I think I’ll  like Max, but I do wonder how much turmoil there will be resulting from his new normal. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Okay, I’ll take your word for it, because I don’t remember that bit. Maybe a revisit to said epilogue is in order...

I think I’ll  like Max, but I do wonder how much turmoil there will be resulting from his new normal. 

there are times i wish i could just post the whole thing... just let people read it.  This is a journey.. for Max and Don and for Louis and other's.  i can only hope people stay to the end.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

there are times i wish i could just post the whole thing... just let people read it.

Posting the whole thing as a single ‘chapter’ has its advantages, but it’s much more difficult to read in a browser than separate chapters.  ;–)

3 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Posting the whole thing as a single ‘chapter’ has its advantages, but it’s much more difficult to read in a browser than separate chapters.  ;–)

i know ... this is 15 chapters ... not sure of the number of words.. much too long to post as one chapter..  One of them is very long...

• Like 1
  • Love 3
Just now, droughtquake said:

It’s difficult to disagree with someone whose Avatar is a pile of whole wheat pasta!  ;–)

mmmm ... rope and Mac Sir is usually right i've found.  :)

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Site Moderator
29 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

there are times i wish i could just post the whole thing... just let people read it.  This is a journey.. for Max and Don and for Louis and other's.  i can only hope people stay to the end.  

Binge reading is nice, but weekly instalments are good, too.

We know there will be definitely be an end at some point. Besides, anticipating and guessing/conjecturing (I’m sure that’s not a proper form of the word, but I’m okay with that 0:)) what comes next is half the fun of reading a story. Also, it takes a week for wild and crazy theories to reach their full flight of fancy. :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i know ... this is 15 chapters ... not sure of the number of words.. much too long to post as one chapter..  One of them is very long...

Glad to hear you didn’t make it one long, long story, because those kind of stories almost always have me heading in the other direction. Your chapters are just right.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

k i was curious ... so i added up the total words (as it stands today) in this story..  65,080 .. there are still a couple of chapters in editing so that may change a bit... i'm happy with that.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
15 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

k i was curious ... so i added up the total words (as it stands today) in this story..  65,080 .. there are still a couple of chapters in editing so that may change a bit... i'm happy with that.

65,000 words and counting sounds good to me. :D 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Site Moderator
On 1/12/2019 at 4:38 PM, Reader1810 said:

I showed Harry and Gareth to the spare room. I'd popped up earlier to make the bed and put towels in the bathroom

Okay, I know I already mentioned this bit as adding a little extra to Changes, but it’s something else, too. It’s a normal thing to put fresh sheets on a guest bed, but I also saw it as evidence of Louis’ caring, thoughtful, and inherent considerate nature. Made me smile thinking of him sneaking away from his guests to to make things nice for them. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 4