• Site Moderator

"Lous, he's just a kid." 

We moved toward the entrance. "Not anymore he's not. Just think about what he's gone through, Don."

Damn, tim. I’ve just started reading Ch 2, and you’ve stopped me in my tracks already. Just a couple of short lines, but they say a lot....

Okay, back to Ch 2 to see if my mind wondered in the right direction. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator

Is the kitchen capable of that, Louis?" Don grinned broadly now. 

I smirked back and sighed. "Oh, I'm sure the kitchen is more than capable. It may even go as far as homemade chocolate fudge cake." 

I love how you wrote this tim. It’s fun and lighthearted, and a good icebreaker to put Max at ease. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Damn, tim. I’ve just started reading Ch 2, and you’ve stopped me in my tracks already. Just a couple of short lines, but they say a lot....

Okay, back to Ch 2 to see if my mind wondered in the right direction. 

a lot of things i kinda base on my own experience... at 16 .. i was no longer a kid... after a year on the street i was about 30 ... but still sometimes very much 16

• Like 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I love how you wrote this tim. It’s fun and lighthearted, and a good icebreaker to put Max at ease. 

thank you Reader ...  mmm chocolate cake :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

a lot of things i kinda base on my own experience... at 16 .. i was no longer a kid... after a year on the street i was about 30 ... but still sometimes very much 16

The heart is for you, tim. Wish that knowledge came only from your imagination. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

The heart is for you, tim. Wish that knowledge came only from your imagination. 

ah.. you know... it is what it is and it lets me write Max.. hopefully well.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
7 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thanks for all of your great comments and for reading Chapter 2 everyone!

1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

thanks for a great chapter!

:hug:

what molly said... xoxo 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Yes, it's a real place: since 1967. 

Image result for johnny's burger

Wow, and they still use charcoal to broil the burgers? They must taste great!

I love little places like this. Our neighborhood equivalent, I think opened about that same time, closed a couple years ago. I thought someone would move in right away and keep the burger customers, but so far, no. It sits abandoned, sadly.  

Thanks for posting this!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

wow.. That's a shame... it could say.. WELCOME TO AC'S    :D  

Probably the victim of the high cost of living here in the Bay Area. The real estate is probably worth too much. And it’s difficult to find employees who can afford to live in the area.