Just now, droughtquake said:

This is what happens when I start looking things up on Wikipedia. One link leads to another. And my brain makes weird connections…  ;–)

frankly i thought that link would be to these:

image.png.13e106aa89c2ce410bee725316d50889.png

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

This is what happens when I start looking things up on Wikipedia. One link leads to another. And my brain makes weird connections…  ;–)

My brain is easily triggered by just one word, one itty bitty word...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

i love that i got here before @Reader1810 lol!

I felt so torn at that moment. I didn’t want to leave her, but my life was not here. It’s a beautiful place and it gets under your skin, but I never had the attachment to the Rock, like my parents had.

“Louis, don’t you even think about it, b’y. Your life is wit Don, on the mainland. But I hope we can visit more often.” Ma reached out for my hand.

Mama's know!  lol!  

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Cheese saganaki, is delicious.  We have Chinatown and Greektown here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greektown,_Toronto

It's wonderful in the summer, when the sidewalk patios are all open.

a lot of places in Austin, and along the river and town lake have open air seating

out here not so much, the trendy pizza place has a deck and there's an open air BBQ joint, and a new coffee place

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Do they have maps of Greece on the walls with Turkey crossed out with big black X’s?  ;–)

No .. usually just murals of nice white buildings and lots of blue sea.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Do they have maps of Greece on the walls with Turkey crossed out with big black X’s?  ;–)

You know! Like the scene in the travel agent’s office in My Big Fat Greek Wedding!  ;–)

They also had a huge quarter century hissy fit feud with the “Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia” that only recently ended with the compromise where they agreed on North Macedonia.  ;–)

Edited by Former Member
  • Site Moderator

Don who listened to all of this said, “I am here you know, and I can stand up. I’m not a bloody rag doll ….”

His mother patted his head. “Of course you’re not dear.”

:gikkle:

... :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator

“No, I don’t think you ever have before.” He grinned at me, while pulling his phone from the pocket which hung on the arm of his chair. “Let me buy you dinner tonight, me duck.”

Why  do I sense Don said that with a devilish glint in his eye? Promises of things to come, perhaps? Most definitely... ;)

• Haha 2