2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Why  do I sense Don said that with a devilish glint in his eye? Promises of things to come, perhaps? Most definitely... ;)

Just Don being Don...lol

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

Lous, let’s get some sleep. I just want to hold you.”

“Night, Donny.”

Okay, so I was wrong about how their night ended. Makes sense, I suppose as it was a long and eventful day. Snuggling is good, too...

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator

Devilish glint, Cheshire cat grin. Potatoes, potatoes..  :D 

“And that will give you more freedom. More time to bake me muffins.”

His Cheshire Cat grin made me laugh. “You’re a selfish prick!”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Okay, so I was wrong about how their night ended. Makes sense, I suppose as it was a long and eventful day. Snuggling is good, too...

sex is a great thing ... but there are nights when i climb into bed with Michael and his arms are around me and my head is in that spot between his chest and shoulder and i think there is no better place and nothing at that moment could be better. that's what i wanted to for them both.

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator

Louis’ looking towards a new future has made Don stop and think about his own future. I see this as a very positive “step” (one we hadn’t seen he needed to take) forward in his ongoing recovery. 

I slowed to stop at a red light. Don said, “Okay, well do what you need to. I think it’s great you will be home more. I think I’d like to see about driving.”

It was my turn to be surprised. Before the accident, Don had loved to drive. I knew he missed it, but this was a surprise.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

I see Max’s confidence in himself and in Louis and Don growing... 

Max gazed at me, I knew he was considering his words. 

“Louis? Are you and Don … well … do you and Don still want me to live with you? I know I wasn’t the best when I was at your home.”

Louis matter-of-factly and without making a big deal of it, adds another layer to said confidence. 

“Thanks, Don.” Max turned to each of us. “Okay, then please can I wait and read your dad’s books when I get to your place?”

I smiled at him. “I’ll leave them on the desk in your room.”

More confidence, and without hesitation. Yay! 

Max spoke up. “Not yet. But maybe if I pass the test.”

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

Billy-the-Greek’s was moderately busy, but they had no difficulty seating us. Billy himself came to say hello. 

“Boys! My favourite customers are here. Where have you been?” He clapped me on the shoulder. “Since you’ve been away, I had to cancel two vacations!”

:rofl: 

Billy grinned, his grey, wild-jungle eyebrows flew up; as he replied. “Test, eh? , Well these two should be passing your test!”

:rofl: 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Site Moderator

Okay, damn, this has me tearing up. Beautifully said Don, and beautifully written, tim.  

“Yes, I’m okay. I just really miss my folks.”

Don put his fork down carefully, slowly, and then spoke. The tone was gentle. “You know … I don’t think you will ever feel different about that, Max. I think the edges of that grief will soften over time. The pain will lessen … but those memories, your relationship with them ….” His amber eyes were warm. I could see the caring in them.

“That will always be, Max. They will always be with you, just like the air. Something will always remind you, a place, or a book, a movie … something will.”

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator

Using his handling of the napkin was a great way to showcase Max’s inner turmoil, because with this we now know that turmoil has been abated. 

Max smiled then; his tortured napkin had been released and was back in his lap. “Thanks very much, Louis.”

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

He reached for me, like a young child does its mother. I hugged him and let him cry. I rubbed his back and waited while he quieted. 

“I’m … sorry, Louis. You don’t want some big baby.”

Truthfully, though, has the poor kid had anyone he felt safe enough to cry in front of?  Likely, not.

He needs this type of outlet, and by crying in front of Louis (and asking for a weekend visit) he’s showing how feels about the growing relationship between the three of them. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Okay, damn, this has me tearing up. Beautifully said Don, and beautifully written, tim.  

yeah.. gets me too ... every time ... you know, if you ever met me in RL ... you'd wonder how i ever wrote anything.. because i cannot speak.  i dont know where the words i write actually come from.

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator

The place may be lonely, but he does have caring people around to lift his spirits. 

“Jo, you are my favourite … until Susan comes on shift.”

“Oh, that’s how it is, eh?”

“Yeah, ‘fraid so. But, there’s enough of me to go around.”

:gikkle: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Site Moderator

9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

yeah.. gets me too ... every time ... you know, if you ever met me in RL ... you'd wonder how i ever wrote anything.. because i cannot speak.  i dont know where the words i write actually come from.

Well, I can’t either, so we could always stare at each other... 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

LOL.. i started at the Bank i was working on the phone .. i had a hard time.. when they offered email .. i jumped at it.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I know exactly where they come from. Your heart. I read once that writing is an outlet for people that can't find the words to express themselves orally.

• Love 2
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

LOL.. i started at the Bank i was working on the phone .. i had a hard time.. when they offered email .. i jumped at it.

Funny, I’m the opposite. The back and forth - and the wait in between - with email clashes with the way my brain works - losing my train of thought and having to get it back. 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

13 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

7 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i can talk to people i know customers etc. but cold calls, even new customers i much prefer email

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

hopefully i'll remember to get up ...

1 minute ago, droughtquake said:

You could ask @Timothy M. to wake you up in the middle of the night, he does offer that service at no charge.  ;–)

i suggested he set a reminder on his phone for tomorrow morning, :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1