• Site Moderator

“No, I’m sorry Robert. If me speaking my mind means Max doesn’t come here, then I’ll apologize to Max. I don’t like the tactics; I don’t like the presumption … I don’t like the idea that we need to be spied on or tricked. Frankly, I’m rather pissed off

Good for you Don letting them know you’re not one to be trifled with.  Good quality to have when one is raising a teenager, especially when said teen has physical and emotional issues that need to be dealt with appropriately.

I for one appreciate your candor, Mr. McPhee. If you stand up for Max like you have here, well, we couldn’t want for more.”

That’s what I’m talking about!

It was back in the 80s, but I’ll never forget this phrase “I don’t give a flying fig!” Uttered by Cloris Leachman’s character on the Facts of Life tv show. This line was uttered during a social worker interview pre adoption so I totally get what’s going through everyone’s (dave Robert, maybe) mind with the social worker having the exact response as Janet Grimes.

Don passed “the test”, I’d say. :D 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator

They checked the electrical faceplates, the cords on blind, and other things they thought might be choking hazards or dangers to a small child. I reminded them Max was fifteen and in a wheelchair.

Seriously, they don’t have a safety checklist for non toddlers? :rolleyes:

Can we say bureaucrat? :P 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Site Moderator

They rarely sat at the ends of the boardroom table, preferring to sit side-by-side in the middle.

That’s good. They’re not into showing they’re highest rank by sitting in the high status seats.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

So was, I then I snoozed for a bit. 

No snoozing here... the apartment is like an ice box... ugh

• Haha 1
  • Wow 3
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

No snoozing here... the apartment is like an ice box... ugh

Heat not working? I hope you’re all bundled up and having really hot tea. 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Heat not working? I hope you’re all bundled up and having really hot tea. 

Mostly dont have the heat on much.. and the bedroom window is open... Michael gets too hot...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I was up.. at 7am

I woke up around that time too. I checked my GA Notifications (20!), but was too sleepy to read Changes, Again or this Topic. So I went back to sleep!

6 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

the apartment is like an ice box... ugh

Th highs around here are in the mid-50s and the lows are dipping down into the mid-40s. Fairly normal for this time of year. (Sorry, I don’t feel like translating to Celsius this time.)  ;–)

I got quite a bit of rain when the storms drenched the area north of here, but the geography is different and it drains much faster here – plus they get a lot more rain there. The area that was flooded is more mountainous and the Russian River* drains through a relatively narrow channel. The rivers and streams that feed into the Russian River also cover a large area. It’s not unusual for the river to flood and most of the houses were raised over the years to prevent most damage.

* The name is a legacy of the fact that Russian fur traders had been active along the Pacific Coast south to this region. The Bay Area was the northern frontier for the Spanish Empire during that period. But the Russians were even less likely to establish settlements than the French fur traders.  ;–)

8 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

get

outta

my

head!

i was just coming over here to ask about maybe giving us the recipes to the marvelous things Louis cooks!

The cookies are huge ... 1/4 cup of dough. but i measure it out and then cut it in half.  I used to make full size ones if i was making ice cream sandwiches.. :D  yummola

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

The cookies are huge ... 1/4 cup of dough. but i measure it out and then cut it in half.  I used to make full size ones if i was making ice cream sandwiches.. :D  yummola

I remember the chocolate chip cookies (Tollhouse) my mother used to make. She loved nuts, so they always had to include chopped walnuts (we shelled the walnuts ourselves because it was much cheaper that way) and she liked them crispy, so we always used Crisco instead of butter (this was before the truth about transfat stuff came out). After she tricked us into baking our own snacks for our sack lunches, I don’t think she ever baked cookies again.  ;–)

Edited by Former Member
5 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Counting down the hours to  chapter 9.... 🤗

how many hours approximately??   LOL

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
14 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

how many hours approximately??   LOL

5?  ;–)

Or you could post it now since it's Saturday GMT and further east past Australia and New Zealand.  ;–)

Edited by Former Member