Today's question - Why does Chapter 14 'Wiped out' have a measly total of 3 comments?  Was it so stupendous / banal / excruciating that nobody apart from @droughtquake put digital pen to paper?  Just curious.  :huh:

• Wow 1
57 minutes ago, northie said:

Today's question - Why does Chapter 14 'Wiped out' have a measly total of 3 comments?  Was it so stupendous / banal / excruciating that nobody apart from @droughtquake put digital pen to paper?  Just curious.  :huh:

Everyone saw my even more stupid/banal/excruciating than usual Comments that they were frightened away from responding?
;–)

Edited by Former Member
41 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I will be so bereft during the Never Too Late/Soul Music hiatus!

:hug: Aah...  There will shorts and an antho story but yes, no serials. And there's even other people's stories.  :o 

Edited by northie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A Soul Music short with the fashionable sister and/or the lonely young Gay man would be fun. As would a look into Eric's nosey neighbor’s possibly-Sapphic past. Even one as short as one or two that popped up a month or so ago by another of my favored authors…
;–)

They misspelled his name, but Hurricane Erick is nearing Hawaii. It will be downgraded to Tropical Storm status before it reaches the islands. (Just like our favorite curmudgeon, it quickly ran out of steam.)
;–)

I guess Eric isn’t pleased that we won’t be hearing from him for a few months.

It puzzles me why there were so many faithful readers clamoring for new chapters, but no one else has Reviewed the story yet! Do they not understand the value of summarizing their opinions and feelings about the story (without spoilers, I hasten to point out)? Are they so unhappy with a cliffhanger that they are refusing to Review the story? Or do they not realize that they can and should Review the story?

5 hours ago, droughtquake said:

but no one else has Reviewed the story yet!

Thanks for your review, drought. :)  Even though I've done 8 reviews, I still find doing them kinda scary. There will only ever be a small minority willing to stick their necks out. While I'm grateful for any reviews that come my way, I certainly don't expect them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I try to review stories that have been especially important to me.

There are many stories that I’ve read which are too clichéd and predictable but I somehow got hooked on reading. In some cases, interesting beginnings soon turned into a typical story. There have even been a few guilty reads that I didn’t even Comment on, much less Review.

But I feel that Reviews are a way to let others know about stories that I really enjoyed. A way to guide people towards stories of a higher quality than the majority posted. It’s my way of answering all those unwritten requests for suggestions for what to read next.
;–)

My thoughts for the opening chapters are coming together. :) I've got something else on the go and an antho entry to think about, but it won't be long before Eric's back inside my head.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, northie said:

A fascinating, moving article from the BBC on how Eric's life might have been if he'd taken a different path. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49395908

Russell T Davies could not have created the reboot Doctor Who and Torchwood if not for those massive changes! Both were produced by BBC Cymru Wales. And Torchwood was initially set in Cardiff with its headquarters under Roald Dahl Plass in Cardiff Bay. Russell added many subtle and not so subtle Queer touches to the reboot Doctor Who, not the least of which was Cap’n Jack Harkness who was later spunoff as the head of Torchwood.

Chapter 1 is in progress. Yay! Taking a break from my current project, slipping into Eric's world is like pulling on a favourite jumper, or revisiting a well-loved place. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1