What was the first thing you ever wrote?

I wrote Scooby-Doo fanfiction when I was still in primary school. I had big crush on Fred :rolleyes: so I would write up my own mysteries and solve them and Fred fell in love with a boy who had a suspiciously similar description to mine. 🤔 Unfortunately my parents snooped a lot and kept reading everything I wrote <_< so it turned me off writing for quite a while. 

What did you write about and how early did you start? :)

• Like 5
  • Site Administrator

I was in either fourth or fifth grade when I wrote my first story.  It was a Hardy Boys-esque tale of two brothers who solved the mystery of a 'ghost' horse who kept appearing on the beach.  I still have it in a shoebox somewhere.  :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I was in third grade and it was also fan fiction, specifically on the animated show called Ed, Edd n Eddy.  The plot was the three main characters were trying to find out who stole their jawbreakers, and I wrote it all down on a notepad LOL.  I also wrote a fan fiction based on the animated movie Monster Inc., but I don't recall if I ever finished writing it.  It's funny because during my elementary school years, I was separated from the rest of the class into a small group when it came to reading and writing since it was a major struggle of mine.  Things have definitely changed since then.  😄

• Like 3
  • Love 1

i was 7 i think. Wrote a poem about farm animals. I havent written the whole story yet but when i write Evan and Hugh, it will be in there. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

My very first stories are probably lost somewhere in the exercise books of year four in primary. So, I would've written them when I was around nine or ten years old. What I do recall is that there were often long passages of description and narration. I loved writing descriptions and using imagery; I still do. I don't know what was the very first thing I ever wrote, but at that time we had a textual study on the flooding of Lake Eyre and a story I remember most clearly is me imagining how the salt pan would fill with water and painting an image of it with words.

• Like 3

I wrote various things growing up, but the first thing I remember being an actual story was when I was in middle school and I wrote a story about a girl trying to get inside a pyrmaid with a cursed mummy inside.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Probably a forged sick note explaining why I was absent from school the previous day. I was about ten years old at the time and had spent the day in the park with a friend. I put a lot of work into that note but the teacher recognized my handwriting straight away and I was rumbled. My punishment was three consecutive after school detentions, elevating me to a temporary hero status among my classmates but my mom wasn't very happy.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

do I really want to answer this ? :pinch:

Uhm, unlike most of you I never wrote anything until about ten years ago. So my first story was a PWP for a Danish erotica site. :blushing:

Oh, and before I posted this, there were exactly 10001 posts in the writers topic.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

The first thing I ever wrote was a story. It was about a mouse, named Alfred the Mouse, and he was in a self-titled movie like Howard the Duck. Don't judge, I was in the fifth-grade. From there, it was a few stories, and skits I did for Scouts, and then journalism 1, 2, 3, and 4 in High School for both Yearbook and Newspaper. (They were classes in FL, and not Clubs, like in most states.)

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

The only thing I can remember writing from my childhood was a science fiction short story for school. I didn't write during most of my adult life until I started work on New Brother, so that's the first piece of writing I did because I wanted to, not because I had to (ie. school work).

• Like 3

I'm sad to say that my first attempt at writing is the story I have posted here on GA, Trials and Tribulations. I had no plan on how to get to the end, nor even an end. I just knew some of the topics I wanted to hit on. I'm still not to the end yet, so I'm not sure I can even say I've written a story yet :)

• Like 1

The first thing I remember writing was a poem about a superhero called Suiterman - he was made from discarded items of clothing and his super power was... I have no idea now.  I think it was quite funny, I passed my English assignment.

My first story was Cal, which is on here already.

• Like 3
On 6/26/2018 at 2:06 PM, Dolores Esteban said:

Beatles fanfinction, a series of flash stories and a collaboration with a friend, typed on a typewriter.

Typewriters are awesome, I remember mine fondly.

• Like 3

I can remember writing this story in seventh grade. It was my own take on twisted fairytales. I remember it because the teacher asked me to submit it for a contest and I won. It was the first time I can remember something happening to my writing. Then I joined the school newspaper, writing magazine, and poetry book. For a while writing was a major focus, until I began working full time. Then I began journaling. It was a way to write daily without stressing.

• Like 1