The Drop in Centre

23 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

Wow. That's great, molly! 🙂

It's nice when people recognize our work. Nice job!

thanks Wayne. this has been an especially difficult customer too.

23 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Kudos to you, molly! 👏🏻👏🏻

thanks Reader!

Edited by mollyhousemouse
too many thoughts coming too fast!
  • Like 4
23 hours ago, kbois said:

I came home from work and my son was cleaning his room. I mean, really cleaning, as in his floor is visible again. I'm pretty sure I'm in the Twilight Zone. 

My first coherent thought after getting over the shock was 'I wonder how much he's gonna hit me up for?' LOL. 

so ... was there an ulterior motive?

• Like 4
3 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

thanks rick!

how are you doing?

molly doing good. This year i have volunteered to a non profit to raise operating funds. This was there monthly fish fry so we cook fish all afternoon. This small act helps so many people. 
i read somewhere the best way to help yourself is to help others. 
trying to stay busy and positive. 

molly things going good for you?

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

molly doing good. This year i have volunteered to a non profit to raise operating funds. This was there monthly fish fry so we cook fish all afternoon. This small act helps so many people. 
i read somewhere the best way to help yourself is to help others. 
trying to stay busy and positive. 

molly things going good for you?

i'm glad to hear that rick! so glad you are doing better! your volunteer work is inspiring and i sense that you get a lot of joy from it.

i'm doing really well, thanks! my class is over and i'll be moving on for further certification. i'm also going to take some classes in Word, Power Point and Excel. these are things i've not have much exposure to beyond just basic usage.

• Like 3

Yup. 

He committed to spending up to $2000 to get our 2nd car back on the road so he can use it (unless we need it, which won't be too often)

He's $300 short. So he's been putting off making an appt at the repair shop like I've been asking him to do. I told him I'd cover him. We need to get the car on the road. He has his 2nd attempt at his licence in two weeks. 

This must be the month for household upheaval. The bathroom my son uses had holes in the grout. They've had to replace tiles and patch drywall twice. Both tines I asked to have the whole shower regrouted. But nope. They said it didn't need it. 

Lo and behold son doesn't tell us that another spot is caving in. So by the time we saw it, we'll, it was pretty bad. 

So we spent 1.5 weeks down to one bathroom. They had to replace all the drywall and retile the whole shower. The guy finished Friday. He did a piss poor job. There's grout all over the wall, the floor. He left the bathroom a blooming disaster area. It just took me 2 hours to clean it. 

I still have all the floors to do too. 😒

Then I  think I'm going to indulge in an adult beverage or three.

.... sigh ....
kids
just when you think you have them housebroken
had an episode of that at home today, it really got under my skin

we do what we can, hope they've absorbed what we've taught them, hope that they are loving, kind, contributing members of society
how does the saying go "Give them roots and wings" ?

as for the guy who repaired the bathroom? pictures to a manager would be the way i'd go

did you have that adult beverage? it sounds like it was an earned reward.

• Like 5
25 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

kids

I'm sorry about your situation molly, but this just made me giggle, and I needed that after today! 😊 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

.... sigh ....
kids
had an episode of that at home today, it really got under my skin

we do what we can, hope they've absorbed what we've taught them, hope that they are loving, kind, contributing members of society
how does the saying go "Give them roots and wings" ?

as for the guy who repaired the bathroom? pictures to a manager would be the way i'd go

did you have that adult beverage? it sounds like it was an earned reward.

Even housebroken puppies have accidents! 

You're so right. Parents can only do their best and hope that something eventually sticks. It usually does, but by that time we're about ready for a nursing home. 

It's frustrating. I get it. Mine still hasn't figured out that the dishwasher is right next to the kitchen sink. Hmmmm. 🙄

Yes, I've taken pictures and will call tomorrow. There's no way I'm getting dinged on our security deposit because of poor workmanship (and non-existent cleaning skills)

Yes, I did have the adult beverage and am enjoying another one tonight. Just one.... tomorrow is a work day. 

Sorry about your frustration. It's too bad swatting them on the nose with a rolled up newspaper is frowned upon. 

Hope your evening gets better!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
4 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Morning All

Hope everyone is well.

Still waiting for Hospital treatment, otherwise me and Hubby are good.

Everyone goes crazy in England today as its 'Freedom Day' all restrictions have been lifted despite us having 50,000 a day Covid Cases and rising.

Keep Safe All x

You and hubby stay safe, Chris. :hug: 

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends

hi and Good Morning

Was sent this and i thought it should be shared.

Stay Safe 

CF7A39FA-08B4-4EB3-A860-0ADD032DAB3C.jpeg

This is one I still have trouble with, but it's getting better. 

Thanks for sharing rick.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Ok, silly question time. What is the point of a continuous glucose monitor, if you are supposed to check your sugar with  finger sticks 4x daily anyway? 

My doc recommends the cgm, but for me there are just too many draw backs. Time to go get the sensor inserted every couple weeks, something new and different for the horses to try and play with, ( curious buggers have gotten 3 phones and a car key fob I had hanging on a chain on my neck), the probability of contamination around the barn, and on top of all that my doc recommended taping plastic over it for showers and positively no swimming or hot tubs.

No thanks, I'll keep sticking my fingers.

Sounds like a lot of hassle for little benefit....

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
23 hours ago, spyke said:

I'm sorry about your situation molly, but this just made me giggle, and I needed that after today! 😊 

i'm glad it gave you a smile spyke

Even housebroken puppies have accidents! 

You're so right. Parents can only do their best and hope that something eventually sticks. It usually does, but by that time we're about ready for a nursing home. 

It's frustrating. I get it. Mine still hasn't figured out that the dishwasher is right next to the kitchen sink. Hmmmm. 🙄

Yes, I've taken pictures and will call tomorrow. There's no way I'm getting dinged on our security deposit because of poor workmanship (and non-existent cleaning skills)

Yes, I did have the adult beverage and am enjoying another one tonight. Just one.... tomorrow is a work day. 

Sorry about your frustration. It's too bad swatting them on the nose with a rolled up newspaper is frowned upon. 

Hope your evening gets better!

thank k!
mmm swatting on the nose with a rolled magazine..... 

but it did get better

hope your pictures do the trick!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Ok, silly question time. What is the point of a continuous glucose monitor, if you are supposed to check your sugar with  finger sticks 4x daily anyway? 

My doc recommends the cgm, but for me there are just too many draw backs. Time to go get the sensor inserted every couple weeks, something new and different for the horses to try and play with, ( curious buggers have gotten 3 phones and a car key fob I had hanging on a chain on my neck), the probability of contamination around the barn, and on top of all that my doc recommended taping plastic over it for showers and positively no swimming or hot tubs.

No thanks, I'll keep sticking my fingers.

so Phil has this
it's MARVELOUS Kitt! no clue why your doc says to cover it....
it takes about 45 seconds to apply it every 14 days. We usually do it the night before it's expired. He can check His sugar whenever He feels the need, no finger sticks, no muss. just pull out the little doo dad and hover over the disk. His phone doesn't support the smart phone app, but He is looking at upgrading.
His control is tighter, His A1C is lower all because He knows what His sugar is at any time.
As for the horses playing with it, He wears his on the back of His arm, not sure that's a spot the horse will see.
He worked with the pharmacist to get it coded as a durable medical good, so it's shipped to Him from a healthcare supplier. We don't get it from the pharmacy.

i could go on and on, but it's made a world of difference!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..