The Drop in Centre

18 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

We may get things we don't buy often. I'm looking forward to it. 

tim gets to experiment and use his wonderful culinary talents, and you both get to eat good! Sounds like a win-win to me. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, MichaelS36 said:

We've watched a lot programs about food that is thrown away or plowed under because it doesn't fit what the stores want. One year we bought an absolutely huge cauliflower but it wasn't wanted because it was more yellow than white. It tasted the same. There is so much waste we really don't care if the stuff is fresh. For us it's the the right thing to do. 

We may get things we don't buy often. I'm looking forward to it. 

I was checking out the website and found this statement since they cannot let you pick and choose what you’re going to get. That’s an excellent part of their service, I’d say. 

We also create weekly recipes to help you cook a simple and delicious meal out of any unfamiliar produce.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, kbois said:

I'm not sure if I should be mad or if I should just shake my head and laugh. I'm probably going with the latter, but there's still part of me that's going wtf?

At work today a resident commented (rather rudely) that I always wear the same jewelry. Okaaaayyy. I get where this person is coming from. I wear silver stud earrings and my wedding band and engagement ring. I also wear a silver curb chain necklace all the time. 

This was the first Christmas gift my husband gave me when we started dating. It has just as much meaning to me as my wedding ring. Which I told them.

The resident had the audacity to say "Well that's weird." 

Ummmm.... what the hell does one say to that? I just smiled blankly like an idiot with an IQ in the single digits until they left. 

Weirdest conversation ever. 

So it got me wondering. Does anyone else wear something all the time that has sentimental value, or am I too attached to this necklace?

Personally, I think it’s pretty rude of them to judge you. I don’t see the difference between repeated wedding ring wear and repeated wear of other kinds of jewelry. Whoever it is that made the comment needs to get a new hobby. Seriously though, I don’t get why they noticed or cared. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, kbois said:

So it got me wondering. Does anyone else wear something all the time that has sentimental value, or am I too attached to this necklace?

because of who i am, i always have one of a select group of necklaces on. my wedding rings don't fit anymore, i wear an anniversary band. my earrings vary.

but it's none of their business why you wear what you wear

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Thanks everyone for the congrats!

I have to admit, that little challenge I think turned out to be my favorite thing I've written so far. It's funny what your brain can come up with sometimes. This was a fun, quirky little story to write. 

Heading home in a few. The skies are dark, thunder is rumbling and I'm going to be heading in the direction the storm is coming from. Picking up hubby and son and then dashing between the raindrops for a birthday dinner. Splurging on Mexican tonight!

Have a good evening and thanks again!

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..