The Drop in Centre

I hate circles, especially with the trailers. Problem with them in Jersey is there is no law saying who gets right of way. Some it's yield to those in the circle, some its yeilt to those entering. You need to look for the sign just before the thing, and most just assume they have it regardless. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
13 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I hate circles, especially with the trailers. Problem with them in Jersey is there is no law saying who gets right of way. Some it's yield to those in the circle, some its yeilt to those entering. You need to look for the sign just before the thing, and most just assume they have it regardless. 

Let's not forget the infamous Jersey Left Turn. 

Brutal.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

I hated them until I was in Europe. I think they're so much more efficient compared to our four-way-stops that slow traffic to a halt....and still no one knows who is supposed to go. 

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Hope everyone is well.

Well I've received good news and bad news.

My CT scan showed Kidney Stones are gone, so I'm getting the stent removed.

But I've possibly got High Blood Pressure so have to undergo monitoring and tests for that.

Then to top it all I received a phone call cancelling my HIV appointment, because there  closing the local service down as the Dr retired, last September.

Luckily I've found a new one, with appointment availability next week.

Keep safe and well.

All things considered, I'd say more good news than bad. Your blood pressure may be tracking high because you've been going through a lot with your kidney issues. You've also been in quite a bit of pain and even with pain medications, that alone can cause your blood pressure to go up. Good advice to keep monitoring it, but if you do have high blood pressure, it's very controllable with medication and keeping tabs on your sodium intake. 

You've been a trooper dealing with your kidney issues. You've got this chris, you've got this. 

• Like 5
11 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Monday was OK, but how is it only Tuesday??? i tried to set up a meeting for "tomorrow" but sent the meeting invite for Thursday

😒

I'm right there with you molly! 

This coming Saturday will be the first Saturday I'll take off since the 1st of this year, if this week would just get out of the way!

It's drrraaaaaaaagggggiiinnnnggggg!

Hope everyone has a good day. 🙂

• Like 4

Actually got an appointment with my GP(doctor).

I have to monitor my blood pressure twice a day at home. Then he has booked me in for a 24hr Blood Pressure Test and a 24hr ECG (portable monitor), unfortunately first appointment end of March.

Keep safe and well.

• Love 5

Only a few more hours to trudge through before this work week is done. Two. Days. Off. I can't wait. No big plans other than cleaning my house the way it needs to be cleaned, not just a lick and a promise..lol. 

I hope everyone is doing well. @chris191070, hang in there. Waiting sucks, but it's necessary. I have my follow up next week to go over my labs and x-ray results. Time to pay the piper. 

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

• Like 5

as @kbois said it is Friday. for those who work a Monday - Friday schedule.

so.... tell me one positive thing that happened this week.

i'll start... no one died, lol! but no, it's been a rough one but my office has come through with flying colors. the next few weeks will also be long but we're on an upswing.

your turn

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

as @kbois said it is Friday. for those who work a Monday - Friday schedule.

i'll start... no one died, lol! but no, it's been a rough one but my office has come through with flying colors. the next few weeks will also be long but we're on an upswing.

your turn

I've been on a roll with a new story I'm writing. Honestly, I've never been this excited to write. I'm really enjoying it and can't wait to see what these characters do. 

It was a long week, I was tempted to do bodily harm to the ex-HOA president today, but refrained. Massive positive!

Next....🙂

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

My brother and his family are just finishing a week long visit. So nice since I haven’t seen them since last August. Also, I made lasagna roll ups for their final dinner and they were a hit! :D 

Have a great weekend one and all. As for me, I’ll be finishing snow shovelling (digging out the basement stairwell) tomorrow. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
14 hours ago, spyke said:

It was nice to roll down the windows, turn up the music, enjoy the scenery and fresh air, and have a relaxing long drive. 

Just thinking about that country drive has put a smile on my face. 😊

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, Mrsgnomie said:

Took the country road to the valley today and got some shopping done. I found a Sous vide cooker on clearance, so that was awesome and got some yummo streaks! Dinners only a few hours away…

Enjoy your Steaks. Sounds a yummy dinner.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

My job.

*shakes head sadly*

I take my safety seriously. The city I work in has a fairly high crime rate. The area where my community is located is close, but not part of some neighborhoods known for a lot of different illegal activities. Occasionally we have some rather suspicious people within the park. There is one rule, and one rule only that I adhere to and that is:

If you see something suspicious call 911. End of discussion. Our community liaison with the Sheriff's department has said it 1000 times. 

I just got chewed out by a resident pissed at me because I won't go confront a homeless person squatting in their backyard. Now, logically I'm sure the person is harmless, but, you NEVER know! 

When I asked the resident if they confronted the person, I got hung up on. 

In what world is this okay? You won't go confront someone but you expect me to? Not knowing if they're carrying a gun or other weapon?  Not knowing if they're strung out or hallucinating? WTF people?

Sorry, had to vent.

• Like 1
  • Wow 4
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, kbois said:

Sorry, had to vent.

Venting is good for the soul, so don’t apologize. As for confronting the homeless person, you are right about not knowing the reaction you’re going to get. Better safe than sorry is definitely the way to go. 

As for the resident’s request? Never should have asked for you to intervene or don’t they know the number for 911? 🤔

• Like 2
2 hours ago, kbois said:

My job.

*shakes head sadly*

I take my safety seriously. The city I work in has a fairly high crime rate. The area where my community is located is close, but not part of some neighborhoods known for a lot of different illegal activities. Occasionally we have some rather suspicious people within the park. There is one rule, and one rule only that I adhere to and that is:

If you see something suspicious call 911. End of discussion. Our community liaison with the Sheriff's department has said it 1000 times. 

I just got chewed out by a resident pissed at me because I won't go confront a homeless person squatting in their backyard. Now, logically I'm sure the person is harmless, but, you NEVER know! 

In what world is this okay? You won't go confront someone but you expect me to? Not knowing if they're carrying a gun or other weapon?  Not knowing if they're strung out or hallucinating? WTF people?

Sorry, had to vent.

As someone who has a husband that deals with homeless on a daily basis, I would not recommend confronting them. There’s a lot of really great ones, but there’s a lot of ones that have mental illnesses and it can be quite dangerous!

Edited by Mrsgnomie
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, kbois said:

Sigh. Heavy sigh. 

I am constantly amazed at the lack of common sense in the world today. You have someone watching a stranger squatting in their back yard and they are wasting time calling you instead of calling 911.  Then at the opposite end of the spectrum, you have people calling 911 for stupid crap like an order mix up in a fast food restaurant.  Makes. No. Damn. Sense.

I'm glad you're O.K. 

Sorry that you had to take a cussing, but better to take that than risk an encounter with a crazy stranger. 

Oh, and tell that idiot that Neighborhood Watch doesn't mean that the neighborhood watches as the house across the street gets robbed. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Venting is good for the soul, so don’t apologize. As for confronting the homeless person, you are right about not knowing the reaction you’re going to get. Better safe than sorry is definitely the way to go. 

As for the resident’s request? Never should have asked for you to intervene or don’t they know the number for 911? 🤔

1 hour ago, Mrsgnomie said:

As someone who has a husband that deals with homeless on a daily basis, I would not recommend confronting them. There’s a lot of really great ones, but there’s a lot of ones that have mental illnesses and it can be quite dangerous!

55 minutes ago, spyke said:

Sigh. Heavy sigh. 

I am constantly amazed at the lack of common sense in the world today. You have someone watching a stranger squatting in their back yard and they are wasting time calling you instead of calling 911.  Then at the opposite end of the spectrum, you have people calling 911 for stupid crap like an order mix up in a fast food restaurant.  Makes. No. Damn. Sense.

I'm glad you're O.K. 

Sorry that you had to take a cussing, but better to take that than risk an encounter with a crazy stranger. 

Oh, and tell that idiot that Neighborhood Watch doesn't mean that the neighborhood watches as the house across the street gets robbed. 

It just boggles my mind that people are so self-centered that they so readily put someone else's safety at risk because they're too idiotic to hit three numbers on their phone.

You don't even need to unlock it. All phones are capable of calling 911, even if they're locked. 

I consoled myself by attempting to make cauliflower pizza crust. It was.... a mostly successful endeavor.  Taste wise I really like it. Texture wise, I need to fine tune it. All recipes call for you to squeeze the life out of the cauliflower to get all the moisture out to make a crispy crust. Mine..... needed a fork. Not super soggy, but a little limp in the middle. The edges crisped up okay. Next time I'll use frozen cauliflower rice to save time. All in all I consider it a success and will try it again. 

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..