The Drop in Centre

On 3/17/2022 at 11:56 AM, Wayne Gray said:

The call ended, and I stood up. Behind me, I noticed my workout clothes hanging from the closet door.

Along with a bright red jock.

Sounds like inspiration for a story Mr. Gray...

• Haha 4
  • Fingers Crossed 1

Hope everyone is well.

So a quick update - following recent blood tests and other tests. I've been diagnosed with both High Blood Pressure and High Cholesterol Levels. Just waiting for GP to decide what happens next.

I've been booked in for a 4th Covid Jab.

Otherwise all good.

Edited by chris191070
  • Like 4
On 3/21/2022 at 5:36 AM, chris191070 said:

Hope everyone is well.

So a quick update - following recent blood tests and other tests. I've been diagnosed with both High Blood Pressure and High Cholesterol Levels. Just waiting for GP to decide what happens next.

I've been booked in for a 4th Covid Jab.

Otherwise all good.

Glad you're taking care of your health, Chris. While high BP and cholesterol aren't exactly what a guy wants to hear, both are treatable (sometimes with diet/exercise/weight loss, sometimes with meds or a combination). I managed to get my high BP under control by losing 30 pounds. My cholesterol is a bit different. The total is still as high as ever, but exercise has forced a bigger share of the cholesterol to the "good" kind - the HDL. So long as I can keep the good:bad ratio where the doc wants, I stay off meds. It's a lot of work, but I know I'm lucky to have the choice. Good luck with your journey.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Glad you're taking care of your health, Chris. While high BP and cholesterol aren't exactly what a guy wants to hear, both are treatable (sometimes with diet/exercise/weight loss, sometimes with meds or a combination). I managed to get my high BP under control by losing 30 pounds. My cholesterol is a bit different. The total is still as high as ever, but exercise has forced a bigger share of the cholesterol to the "good" kind - the HDL. So long as I can keep the good:bad ratio where the doc wants, I stay off meds. It's a lot of work, but I know I'm lucky to have the choice. Good luck with your journey.

It sometimes takes some trial and error. My Doc upped my blood pressure dosage again because it just can't decide on it's own what it wants to do. At least now that I'm on the highest dose of lisinopril I can self monitor every day and will only need to go back in if it decides to stay high. I lucked out on cholesterol. Only slightly higher than it should be and the "good" stuff is where it should be. Tweaking the diet again should tame that beast. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend coming up. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
20 minutes ago, 1brokNangel said:

Thunderstorms and tornado watches are what we are dealing with right now, how is  everyone else's night going ??

Sorry to hear you’re under a nasty weather watch. As for me, there was a weather watch for snow/icy rain earlier, but now it’s just rain, which isn’t happening at the moment.

I hope your weather watch passes uneventfully. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, 1brokNangel said:

Thunderstorms and tornado watches are what we are dealing with right now, how is  everyone else's night going ??

We have storms in the forecast for the next few days. A front is supposed to stall out over us for the weekend. Yay... not really!

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Sorry to hear you’re under a nasty weather watch. As for me, there was a weather watch for snow/icy rain earlier, but now it’s just rain, which isn’t happening at the moment.

I hope your weather watch passes uneventfully. 

I'll take snow any day but not the ice....the watch ends at 10 so not to much longer, having tornado watches/warnings at night really scares me. Hopefully all you get is rain....

• Like 5
20 minutes ago, kbois said:

We have storms in the forecast for the next few days. A front is supposed to stall out over us for the weekend. Yay... not really!

I hope it doesn't get to bad, this weather has been crazy, I think mother nature forgot to take her meds.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, chris191070 said:

We've started using the UK equivalent - Oddbox. It's great what you get, but sad to think that it would not be used otherwise.

We get some really nice fresh stuff. Some of it may be oddly shaped but wow, it's so good.  I've been in our local grocery and asked to pay for cauliflower full of black patches. We've never received anything like that from Food Fund.

It's good you're doing that, chris.  The amount of good usable food that is plowed under is a sin. We have enough food to feed everyone, if we'd only use it.  And an off white cauliflower tastes just as good as a bone white one.

Ridiculous!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

My husband and I got our tickets to the world today (well, most of it).

Our passports came...lol. When we turned everything in, we were told it was 8-10 weeks for processing. No biggie, we don't need them until September. That was 3 weeks ago. Nice surprise that at least one government agency can follow thru and actually exceed expectations. 🤣

I'm excited to be able to travel again. When people ask me what's on my bucket list I tell them it's easier to list what's not on there. Although New Zealand is #1 and Scotland/Edinburgh Tattoo is #2. After that, as long as it's something new I'm good. 

So... seeing how it's been pretty quiet here lately, I'm curious to know what's on everyone else's bucket list. 

If you could go anywhere tomorrow, where would it be?

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..