The Drop in Centre

Hubby  and I are into small towns and camping, so we decided on hitting all 50 states, primarily by driving the "old" roads. We have hit every state east of the Mississippi, traveled US 1 also called the Boston Post road from Maine to Orlando. This fall we are planning the last bit from Orlando to Key West. We've also done the Old Cumberland Rd and bits of Rt 66. Lots of America to see yet, and I am guessing Hawaii may be a rental car and hotels sort of trip. I like comfy camping and it would cost a small fortune to ship the gear there and back!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, kbois said:

So... seeing how it's been pretty quiet here lately, I'm curious to know what's on everyone else's bucket list. 

The Balearic Islands.

I'm working on a story set there, and I've fallen in love with the islands.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

The Balearic Islands.

Ahhhh, Mallorca... when me an my friends were  young, fearless, and 100% crazy. We did a winter get away to escape a snowy and dreary winter. We latched onto a mostly straight British boy (he was 19 and his parents managed the resort) who acted as our tour guide and showed us all the good places to get into trouble. And get into trouble we did! In the span of 10 days, we got into a car wreck (not our fault and I wasn't driving), ran all over the island eating the best food, learned to smoke hash without a pipe, drank lots and lots of beers, met some wonderful people who invited us to local football (soccer) game and then had us come back to their bar later on for a barbecue (cooked over a wood fire) feast. After eating we were sitting at the bar when someone lit up a joint and passed it around. I got tapped on the shoulder and passed it to my right without looking. It was a cop, and I knew my life was over. He just grinned and then he took a hit and passed it back to me. Good times and good memories.

I'd go back there in a heartbeat! LOL

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, spyke said:

Ahhhh, Mallorca... when me an my friends were  young, fearless, and 100% crazy. We did a winter get away to escape a snowy and dreary winter. We latched onto a mostly straight British boy (he was 19 and his parents managed the resort) who acted as our tour guide and showed us all the good places to get into trouble. And get into trouble we did! In the span of 10 days, we got into a car wreck (not our fault and I wasn't driving), ran all over the island eating the best food, learned to smoke hash without a pipe, drank lots and lots of beers, met some wonderful people who invited us to local football (soccer) game and then had us come back to their bar later on for a barbecue (cooked over a wood fire) feast. After eating we were sitting at the bar when someone lit up a joint and passed it around. I got tapped on the shoulder and passed it to my right without looking. It was a cop, and I knew my life was over. He just grinned and then he took a hit and passed it back to me. Good times and good memories.

I'd go back there in a heartbeat! LOL

We'll be visiting Sa Dragonera for water sports, Mallorca for sightseeing, Formentera for scuba diving, and there may be a little clubbing in Ibiza. ;)

Was that hash smoking on aluminum foil?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Was that hash smoking on aluminum foil?

No, but since you asked...

You take a piece of cardboard and shove a straight pin through it. You impale the piece of hash on the pin and then light it. Once it catches and starts smoking,  you place a glass over it (we used a small rocks glass) to trap all of the smoke and then you move the entire contraption to your lips and lift up a corner of the glass and suck in the smoke. 

When we would come back from our daily adventure, the glass was always washed and the villa was spotless. We left the housekeeper a very generous tip. 

I expect full credit if this appears in one of your stories, Carlos 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 5
10 minutes ago, spyke said:

No, but since you asked...

You take a piece of cardboard and shove a straight pin through it. You impale the piece of hash on the pin and then light it. Once it catches and starts smoking,  you place a glass over it (we used a small rocks glass) to trap all of the smoke and then you move the entire contraption to your lips and lift up a corner of the glass and suck in the smoke. 

When we would come back from our daily adventure, the glass was always washed and the villa was spotless. We left the housekeeper a very generous tip. 

I expect full credit if this appears in one of your stories, Carlos 🤣🤣🤣

And I though buying vodka and OJ on our one free night in Lucerne on a (catholic) school sponsored trip, drinking a more than healthy amount, then going clubbing (which we were not supposed to do), making it back to the hotel in time for curfew but passing out after paying homage to the porcelain king and queen (toilet for me, bidet for my roommate) and never hearing the chaperones banging on our door, was bad! 🤣🤣 Gotta admit, that was a fun trip! And to think I was only 17. Smh....

(Still want to base a character on me @Wayne Gray?)

Edited by kbois
  • Haha 5
20 minutes ago, kbois said:

And I though buying vodka and OJ on our one free night in Lucerne on a (catholic) school sponsored trip, drinking a more than healthy amount, then going clubbing (which we were not supposed to do), making it back to the hotel in time for curfew but passing out after paying homage to the porcelain king and queen (toilet for me, bidet for my roommate) and never hearing the chaperones banging on our door, was bad! 🤣🤣 Gotta admit, that was a fun trip! And to think I was only 17. Smh....

Life's short. You get no do-overs. LOL

But hey, breaking bad on a Catholic school trip---I'm very impressed! One might think that you did have some public school hooligan in you like the rest of us!

P.S. @Wayne Gray would be foolish not to base a character off of you. 

Edited by spyke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
21 hours ago, kbois said:

I think you know the answer to that.

• Haha 3
16 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

I think you know the answer to that.

I can't wait to read that story!🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

I can just imagine @kbois staying at Camp Refuge.

I would love to stay there. 

In a cabin. Not a tent. 

With an ensuite bathroom. 

Wayne shall call it "K's Kozy Kabin"

• Haha 3
13 hours ago, kbois said:

I can't wait to read that story!🤣🤣

I would love to stay there. 

In a cabin. Not a tent. 

With an ensuite bathroom. 

Wayne shall call it "K's Kozy Kabin"

With a complimentary in cabin bar containing different flavored whiskies because, well, @kbois

(ducks and runs) Lol

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, spyke said:

With a complimentary in cabin bar containing different flavored whiskies because, well, @kbois

(ducks and runs) Lol

The kozy kabin wouldn't be komplete without it 🤭

• Haha 2
45 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

@kbois, you should try a cap-full of Screwball whiskey over a brownie sometime. Or vanilla ice cream. Or in coffee. Or from the bottle ...

What makes you think I haven't done that already, silly man. 

Spoiler

And just a capful? Really?

Spock Encerio GIF

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, kbois said:

Hide contents

Spock Encerio GIF

Oh, pardon me. I forgot I stood in the presence of greatness!

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, kbois said:

Hide contents

Spock Encerio GIF

Dang! I think you just caused a re-write for @Wayne Gray. He didn't have that book character he was basing on you down pat like he thought he did. LOL

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, 1brokNangel said:

I'm in need of a good series or movie to watch, I have Hulu, Prime, Netflix, and Paramount+

Thank you in advance...

If you've not seen it, Shitt's Creek on Netflix is awesome.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, 1brokNangel said:

I'm in need of a good series or movie to watch, I have Hulu, Prime, Netflix, and Paramount+

Thank you in advance...

We saw Morbius tonight (I know, I know...another Marvel-ish movie) anyway...the trailers advertised a series coming to Prime called Outer Range that looks really good. I hardly ever watch TV anymore, but I might give this a try. I think it drops April 15th. It's tagged as a paranormal cult western. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, kbois said:

We saw Morbius tonight (I know, I know...another Marvel-ish movie) anyway...the trailers advertised a series coming to Prime called Outer Range that looks really good. I hardly ever watch TV anymore, but I might give this a try. I think it drops April 15th. It's tagged as a paranormal cult western. 

I like the sound of that  ... paranormal cult western. Might give it a spin when it comes out.

• Like 3

Over the last two days I've written 1,500 words and finished off chapter eight of my WIP. Feeling pretty good about the week.

I hope the rest of you are getting on all right. 🙂

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..