The Drop in Centre

Okay I'm going to have to jump on the @Wayne Gray bandwagon and support the whole "go see the damn doctor and get routine maintenance done!"

I had my follow up appointment today to go over lab work. Mixed bag of results, but overall not horrible. Blood pressure is still high so the meds got adjusted. The majority of the labs were normal. 

The one thing I worried a about was the status of my previous diabetes diagnosis. I was put on medication but let it lapse when we didn't have insurance. So 3 years of having no clue as to how my body was processing natural insulin and sugar and what kind of damage was being done. Levels are still elevated, but only slightly, falling into the 'pre-diabetic' category, which means it will be monitored and if I can get past this damn plateau I've been stuck on since mid-December and get back to losing weight it will in all likelihood resolve itself. 

So that was a big relief. Knees still suck. Getting referred to an ortho to possibly get some injections. 

So, if you're scared of the doctor, try not to be and go. It's not so bad. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, kbois said:

Okay I'm going to have to jump on the @Wayne Gray 

So, if you're scared of the doctor, try not to be and go. It's not so bad. 🙂

That is easier said than done. When my one doc retired I started looking for a new endocrinologist. When I landed in the hospital with a major infection last month they assigned one for me. His office is over an hour drive from where I live, so while I currently am staying with him, I am also continuing to look for an office closer to home. Of 6 offices I have called so far, 1 is even further and out of network too, 3 are not accepting new patients, and 2 just never returned my call at all.

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, Kitt said:

That is easier said than done. When my one doc retired I started looking for a new endocrinologist. When I landed in the hospital with a major infection last month they assigned one for me. His office is over an hour drive from where I live, so while I currently am staying with him, I am also continuing to look for an office closer to home. Of 6 offices I have called so far, 1 is even further and out of network too, 3 are not accepting new patients, and 2 just never returned my call at all.

I lucked out, I truly did. I really like this doctor and she's part of a small practice, just her and her husband. The majority of the practices in this state are part of corporate chains. 

• Like 4

Happy Saturday y'all.  

It's finally edging toward spring here.  It's currently 63 (19c) and while I wouldn't say it's warm......a very cool breeze is blowing, it's warm enough to try and forget winter.  

How is everyone? Im good.  Nothing new to report.  Lol.  

• Like 5
46 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Happy Saturday y'all.  

It's finally edging toward spring here.  It's currently 63 (19c) and while I wouldn't say it's warm......a very cool breeze is blowing, it's warm enough to try and forget winter.  

63° Is a summer day here! I’d need AC for sure 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Heading to the valley to get soccer equipment for the kids. Small town life.

Trying to find soccer cleats for a kid with ridiculously wide toe box is so hard it’s bordering impossible. I’m worried he won’t be able to play. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Happy Saturday y'all.  

73 here and we are supposed to have storms moving in later, but in a few days we're going back to 39 at night......YAY

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
15 minutes ago, 1brokNangel said:

73 here and we are supposed to have storms moving in later, but in a few days we're going back to 39 at night......YAY

About the same here. It’s supposed to reach 63F (17C) tomorrow and then drop back to the 30s in the following days. 

T-storm with 55 to 62 mph (90-100 kmph) tomorrow as well. Most times these alerts miss my area, so hopefully, tomorrow they do as well.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Happy Saturday y'all.  

I've been okay, but not okay. Trying to come to grips with some news that eventually will be life-altering by trying to do normal things to take my mind off of it while some part of my brain tries to process it. 

My husband was diagnosed with macula degeneration. While not life threatening, eventually his sight will deteriorate to the point where his life will be drastically changed. Hopefully not for a while. It's only been a little over a year since his last exam so they caught it early. 

He has to test his vision every day and has added some recommended supplements and dietary changes to Hopefully stave off the progression for as long as possible. 

Who knows? Maybe in ten years there will be an effective treatment. For now we're just going to have to deal with however his body decides to deal with it. 

On a positive note, winter in Florida is over. Near record heat is in the forecast. 

• Like 1
  • Fingers Crossed 4

Hello friends!

This is your Sunday evening reminder you that you are beautiful, there is hope in the air and you have got enough in you to match whatever this new week demands.
Take time out for you. Rebalance your energy when you need. Remember you are meant to be here and take the days in your stride. Don't let the small stuff bring you down. Rest well...

• Love 4

My husband sent me a text today as we were two ships passing in the night this morning. Last night I did cauliflower in the air fryer. Well, as you all know, that stuff stinks when it's cooked. 

Apparently the scent was still lingering when my husband and son came in from work. Upon entering the house my son turned to my husband and said:

"What the hell did Mom do? Assassinate the entire cast of Veggie Tales in the air fryer?"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sorry @Wayne Gray you can't have this one. I'm so using it in my story!

• Haha 5
36 minutes ago, kbois said:

"What the hell did Mom do? Assassinate the entire cast of Veggie Tales in the air fryer?"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sorry @Wayne Gray you can't have this one. I'm so using it in my story!

LOL. Wow. That's fantastic. 😄

• Like 2
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

LOL. Wow. That's fantastic. 😄

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree with that one🤭

• Haha 4
On 3/5/2022 at 1:32 PM, Reader1810 said:

About the same here. It’s supposed to reach 63F (17C) tomorrow and then drop back to the 30s in the following days. 

T-storm with 55 to 62 mph (90-100 kmph) tomorrow as well. Most times these alerts miss my area, so hopefully, tomorrow they do as well.

The storms passed but NOW they're talking about possible snow later in the week with accumulations ?!?! WTH is wrong with mother nature ??

• Like 5
9 hours ago, 1brokNangel said:

The storms passed but NOW they're talking about possible snow later in the week with accumulations ?!?! WTH is wrong with mother nature ??

Keeping everyone on their toes!

• Like 4
1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

and we're back. 30 emails & 2 missed calls..... 

our manager is again wondering why all of this is handled in Baltimore and not locally

hope y'all are doing well

I bet it was outsourced to Baltimore because it was cheaper at the time. And I bet the issues from having it remote vs local outweigh all benefits of having it outsourced in the first place. Ahhh ... those little unknowns, adding up to a big headache!

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

and we're back. 30 emails & 2 missed calls..... 

our manager is again wondering why all of this is handled in Baltimore and not locally

hope y'all are doing well

For the same reason call centers are located outside of the US.

$$$

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..