The Drop in Centre

10 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I guess I now qualify as back to full time. Today is the 7th, and I have moved 6 horses so far this month, and have 3 more scheduled this weekend. Still get pretty wiped out by the end of the day, but am ready to go again in the morning.  A month ago 1 move had me sleeping for the better part of 2 days, so I guess I am making progress.

You are making progress. Nice job keeping at it.

I know you likely get frustrated, but just keep going and you'll get a little further along each day.

But, and I have to remind myself of this one ... don't forget to rest too.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, kbois said:

We saw Morbius tonight (I know, I know...another Marvel-ish movie) anyway...the trailers advertised a series coming to Prime called Outer Range that looks really good. I hardly ever watch TV anymore, but I might give this a try. I think it drops April 15th. It's tagged as a paranormal cult western. 

I've heard that Morbius wasn't any good, movie reviews weren't the best, but I haven't heard alot of people talking about it, it does look interesting.

• Like 2

travel bucket list? ever since i helped @Mikiesboy with The Promise i've wanted to see the BC area in Canada. the pictures i looked at while he was writing that. just magical
then with Changes and Changes, Again, it was the whole other side of the country. It's just so ruggedly beautiful.
daughter has expressed a desire to live and work in the UK, so that one might actually come true
i'd love to do Alaska too. maybe one of those whale watching cruises

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 4

For me ... Ireland and New Zealand.

I don't do great with warm weather, but Hawaii at least once.

And ... there are so so so many places in the continental US I want to see. Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Zion National Park are just a few.

It's mostly about nature for me.

• Like 4

Well I had another of those moments where my mouth opened automatically, without ever consulting my brain. Luckily it resulted in a good laugh and possible fodder for @Wayne Gray.

Thursday I had what was possibly one of the worst shitty days I've had in a long time. We got new check scanners and after being called out by corporate because I wasn't using it, I had to finally troubleshoot. Over 2 hours on the phone with the company that makes these monsters it finally boiled down to "it's probably the scanner." 

So I shoot an email to the evil bitch in the corporate office, copying my boss letting them know how much time I spent on this and what the outcome was and to advise I would go back to posting checks manually, and that I had a headache. 

My response? A passive aggressive blurb about how it's the manager's responsibility to troubleshoot and take care of the issue and to let them know what the resolution was. Ummm, I already said it was probably the scanner, which I'm not authorized to order a new one. (this was after an email 2 days prior that stated "if there's anything we can do to help, let us know.")

Needless to say, my blood pressure went through the roof. I was enraged, frazzled, pissed off and completely wanted to withdraw from society. Not an option. 

(Two days later I'm still sorta pissed off. Sometimes it's hard for me to let things go, but I'm working on it. This was the same bitch I hung up on last year when she kept interrupting me. I try to limit my interactions with her to email only.) 

One of the realtors, who I am also friends with comes in with prospective residents. I'm so not in the mood and tell her I can't deal with anything right now and that I was sorry. It was really windy and she looked like she had stuck her finger in a light socket. Her hair was sticking up every which way. Think Albert Einstein meets Mr. Heat Miser. 

So without missing a beat, my mouth opens and says "Beck, I feel like your hair looks."

She about fell over laughing. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

• Like 4
5 hours ago, kbois said:

Well I had another of those moments where my mouth opened automatically, without ever consulting my brain. Luckily it resulted in a good laugh and possible fodder for @Wayne Gray.

Thursday I had what was possibly one of the worst shitty days I've had in a long time. We got new check scanners and after being called out by corporate because I wasn't using it, I had to finally troubleshoot. Over 2 hours on the phone with the company that makes these monsters it finally boiled down to "it's probably the scanner." 

So I shoot an email to the evil bitch in the corporate office, copying my boss letting them know how much time I spent on this and what the outcome was and to advise I would go back to posting checks manually, and that I had a headache. 

My response? A passive aggressive blurb about how it's the manager's responsibility to troubleshoot and take care of the issue and to let them know what the resolution was. Ummm, I already said it was probably the scanner, which I'm not authorized to order a new one. (this was after an email 2 days prior that stated "if there's anything we can do to help, let us know.")

Needless to say, my blood pressure went through the roof. I was enraged, frazzled, pissed off and completely wanted to withdraw from society. Not an option. 

(Two days later I'm still sorta pissed off. Sometimes it's hard for me to let things go, but I'm working on it. This was the same bitch I hung up on last year when she kept interrupting me. I try to limit my interactions with her to email only.) 

One of the realtors, who I am also friends with comes in with prospective residents. I'm so not in the mood and tell her I can't deal with anything right now and that I was sorry. It was really windy and she looked like she had stuck her finger in a light socket. Her hair was sticking up every which way. Think Albert Einstein meets Mr. Heat Miser. 

So without missing a beat, my mouth opens and says "Beck, I feel like your hair looks."

She about fell over laughing. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

April showers bring April stupids. There's just something in the air this month. Hope you have a good weekend and I'll 🤞that you have a much better next week. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, spyke said:

April showers bring April stupids. There's just something in the air this month. Hope you have a good weekend and I'll 🤞that you have a much better next week. 

Thanks!

The woman that set me off is a stupid be-atch 365 days a year. Nothing will fix that kind of stupid. Ever. 

So far weekend has been good. Knocked out another chapter and working on the next. This story is flowing like nothing I've written before. 

• Like 3

Good Morning 

i hope things are going good for everyone.

the last few weeks have been challenging for my family. my brother had a mild stroke and i became the main care giver. he is recovering, making steady progress. good thing we are still working for home so i could work and be there when he needed me. FMLA has help ( Family Medical Leave Act) 

so my days were busy. i did have some help with my brother’s rehab / therapy.  

so i will be in and out for a while. 

So take care of yourself.

how are things with you?

• Like 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Good Morning 

the last few weeks have been challenging for my family. my brother had a mild stroke and i became the main care giver. he is recovering, making steady progress. good thing we are still working for home so i could work and be there when he needed me. FMLA has help ( Family Medical Leave Act) 

how are things with you?

i'm sorry to hear about your brother .. he's lucky to have you around him, rick.

it's good you're home so you can help him.

much love to you and best wishes for your brother xoxo

• Like 3
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Finally have heard from work about what's happening.  They have said we've listened to you all and have decided on a flexible work plan.

We know you work hard and we now know that excellent work can be done anywhere.  So, our requirement is you visit the office one day a month. You can come in more but that's the minimum. 

That is a huge relief and welcome news for me. I can avoid the bus altogether and take uber in and home once a month.  I don't have an issue with that at all.

We will likely go in for a monthly meeting and work there that day. It's good. I'm happy.

sounds like a great outcome for you. i also enjoy working from home. the only time i need to go out is to pick up groceries i have ordered. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Good Morning 

how are things with you?

Good to hear from you rick. I'm sorry to hear about your brother's health issues, but he's lucky that you are able to help him out. Remember to take care of yourself too. 

• Like 5
6 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Good Morning 

how are things with you?

hi rick...

so glad you are able to be there for your brother. 

take care of yourself too.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

oh i'm so happy for you!!! really, there just aren't words!!!!

awww, thanks. it is a huge relief and i'm grateful they went this way.  xoxo

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Finally have heard from work about what's happening.  They have said we've listened to you all and have decided on a flexible work plan.

We know you work hard and we now know that excellent work can be done anywhere.  So, our requirement is you visit the office one day a month. You can come in more but that's the minimum. 

That is a huge relief and welcome news for me. I can avoid the bus altogether and take uber in and home once a month.  I don't have an issue with that at all.

We will likely go in for a monthly meeting and work there that day. It's good. I'm happy.

So Happy for you, that's a great result.

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Fantastic news, tim. :D 

I am very happy for you because I know you won’t have to deal with getting to and taking the TTC on a daily basis. In the very least, it prolongs your workday. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, chris191070 said:

So Happy for you, that's a great result.

Thanks, chris. It's less i have to worry about for sure.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Fantastic news, tim. :D 

I am very happy for you because I know you won’t have to deal with getting to and taking the TTC on a daily basis. In the very least, it prolongs your workday. 

That is such a huge thing. Forty five minutes to get there, up to 1.5 hours to get home. Such a huge, huge thing. Thanks Reader xoxo

• Love 2
  • Site Moderator
28 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

That is such a huge thing. Forty five minutes to get there, up to 1.5 hours to get home. Such a huge, huge thing. Thanks Reader xoxo

When it’s running on time or hasn’t shut down for one reason or another. That is something I do not miss one bit. 

• Like 2
Just now, Reader1810 said:

When it’s running on time or hasn’t shut down for one reason or another. That is something I do not miss one bit. 

yeah that too .. i've been on the bus 4 to 5 times in the past 2 years... i don't miss it

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..