The Drop in Centre

4 hours ago, kbois said:

It's been one of those days. 

I've already polished off a half pint of ice cream.... @Wayne Gray you got any more muffins?

You know, it's frozen, waiting for one of those days here. But ... I think you've earned it!

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Kitt said:

Hey gang. Sorry I went poof. Had a few medical issues that put me in ICU for a week and am now working on normal again. Hopefully I get sprung from this joint by end of the week. Wings was supposed to drop in and let you know what was up, but apparently my brain was firing better on all these weird drugs than hers was normally.  Go figure.

Any way, I am on the road back.

i'm so glad you are okay. xoxo

• Like 3
On 1/31/2022 at 8:33 AM, Kitt said:

Hey gang. Sorry I went poof. Had a few medical issues that put me in ICU for a week and am now working on normal again. Hopefully I get sprung from this joint by end of the week. Wings was supposed to drop in and let you know what was up, but apparently my brain was firing better on all these weird drugs than hers was normally.  Go figure.

Any way, I am on the road back.

take care of your self 

• Like 2
On 2/2/2022 at 7:15 AM, Fae Briona said:

2-wk checkup this afternoon; everything healing as it should be. Next apt. in 3 weeks.

Physical therapy starts next week, 2-3x/wk for 4-6 wks.

Still have to use the brace & walker.

I'm sure you'll get better soon!

Meanwhile, I finally bought a recurve bow and will start shooting again next week. Archery was the sport I fell in love with 10 years ago and I can't wait to get back at it! But my time would be divided between cycling and gym. So, there's that.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, kbois said:

Well good news in the youngest son department. He landed a full time job at Amazon. Let's hope he can keep it and it leads to a bit more independence from Mom and Dad. 🤞

Hope everyone is doing okay, still been pretty quiet in here. 

oh congratulations!

i feel better this weekend than i have in a long while! i caught up with some reading, talked to a friend. the kitchen has been scrubbed, floors not only wiped, but i dragged out the big mop & bucket. then sprinkled baking soda on the area rugs & couches, then vacuumed them. wiped down the bathroom AND got all the extra "cuddle" blankets washed, folded, & put away.

oh and found out my new Keurig makes wonderful iced coffee...

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

oh congratulations!

i feel better this weekend than i have in a long while! i caught up with some reading, talked to a friend. the kitchen has been scrubbed, floors not only wiped, but i dragged out the big mop & bucket. then sprinkled baking soda on the area rugs & couches, then vacuumed them. wiped down the bathroom AND got all the extra "cuddle" blankets washed, folded, & put away.

oh and found out my new Keurig makes wonderful iced coffee...

I discovered mango habanero whiskey. Very dangerous!

My floors did not get done. I had every intention, but.....😊

Sounds like you had a very productive day!🙂

• Like 5
12 hours ago, kbois said:

I discovered mango habanero whiskey. Very dangerous!

My floors did not get done. I had every intention, but.....😊

Sounds like you had a very productive day!🙂

Her fans are not complaining about the mango habanero whisky discovery @mollyhousemouse! LOL

Floor police are not due to stop by until next week, so you'll be just fine. If the dust bunny is smaller than the largest dog then you don't have to worry about it. 

• Haha 5

Okay peeps. 

Need a little help. Is anyone familiar with Vancouver?

I'm starting to look at Airbnb's for our anniversary trip and just need to know a good area to stay. I think I've got it narrowed down, to one near Strathcona Park, and the other is downtown, not to far from the cruise port, but more expensive. 

Thanks!

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Okay peeps. 

Need a little help. Is anyone familiar with Vancouver?

I'm starting to look at Airbnb's for our anniversary trip and just need to know a good area to stay. I think I've got it narrowed down, to one near Strathcona Park, and the other is downtown, not to far from the cruise port, but more expensive. 

Thanks!

No idea how much this one is, because the site doesn’t say. Is that normal? It’s in a great location (right near Granville Island) in False Creek. I’ve got myself dreaming about this one…

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/46760653?source_impression_id=p3_1644278587_89GlsXna10DF%2BV1k

My brother lived downtown in the 90s, but I don’t remember where. I just remember Burrard Street and Robson Street as good places to look around. Oh, and Granville Island, too.

Edit: My brother sent me a photo of the bees out and about from the hive in their backyard - yes, my SiL is a beekeeper - so that means the weather has been quite nice and mild as of late. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
21 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

No idea how much this one is, because the site doesn’t say. Is that normal? It’s in a great location (right near Granville Island) in False Creek. I’ve got myself dreaming about this one…

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/46760653?source_impression_id=p3_1644278587_89GlsXna10DF%2BV1k

My brother lived downtown in the 90s, but I don’t remember where. I just remember Burrard Street and Robson Street as good places to look around. Oh, and Granville Island, too.

Edit: My brother sent me a photo of the bees out and about from the hive in their backyard - yes, my SiL is a beekeeper - so that means the weather has been quite nice and mild as of late. 

That is sooooo cool! A little out of my price range though☹.

The one I'm leaning toward is close to Burrard and Robson, so I think I'll just go ahead and book it. Free cancelation until August so....

Thanks Reader!

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, kbois said:

That is sooooo cool! A little out of my price range though☹.

The one I'm leaning toward is close to Burrard and Robson, so I think I'll just go ahead and book it. Free cancelation until August so....

Thanks Reader!

You’re welcome! :) 

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello & Happy Friday everyone

it's been a rotten week so i am very much looking forward to my weekend. how about you?

Sorry you're having a rotten week molly. 🤞for a much better weekend!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello & Happy Friday everyone

it's been a rotten week so i am very much looking forward to my weekend. how about you?

It’s going to 25F on Saturday and 12F on Sunday, so not so much.

**it’s been high 30s into the 40s this past week, which I was just getting used to. 

Edit: I hope you have a great weekend, molly. :) 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, kbois said:

It's been a busy week, and long. They're shaking things up again at work. Our current regional manager is going back up north and the national manager (who used to be our regional) will be taking over Florida again. He's been here for two days and whenever he's in town, it's always extra work, and a boatload of paperwork. 

My older son had an anxiety attack and ended up in the ER Wednesday night. There's nothing more frustrating than being 1000 miles away and feeling helpless. Thankfully he is fine.

Ouch!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..