The Drop in Centre

2 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends

Good Morning 

thought i would drop in as well. 

January has been challenging.

they say a picture is worth 1000 words so this happen Saturday morning. no injuries which is a good. now comes the not so fun things towing , car repairs and rental. 

let’s hope February is better.

take care of yourself.

6C8CCBC1-15A8-431E-8FAE-0D9AE5583E32.jpeg

So glad you're okay and no one was hurt. Take care and hopefully things will be much better in February. 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Good Morning 

they say a picture is worth 1000 words so this happen Saturday morning. no injuries which is a good. now comes the not so fun things towing , car repairs and rental. 

take care of yourself.

So glad no injuries.

Take care of yourself and may February be better.

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, kbois said:

So glad you're okay and no one was hurt. Take care and hopefully things will be much better in February. 

47 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

So glad no injuries.

Take care of yourself and may February be better.

Thanks 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Hope y'all are staying warm!

I took the dogs for their walk and it was a balmy 35F here in Florida. I dressed as appropriately as I could, with no winter gear in my wardrobe any longer. Socks, sneakers, jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt, zip up hoodie with hood up and knit gloves. 

All was good. It was brisk, but not frigid. Yesterday's 20mph+ winds had died down, only a light breeze. Off we go. It felt a little chilly, cuz let's face it, a sweatshirt and hoodie are not a winter jacket. But whatever, it was only a 20 minute walk, about a mile. 

Halfway around the block IT happens. Yes, the dreaded hot flash!. Here I am, in 35 degrees, sweating like I'm at the gym on the elliptic. Now, hot flashes only last a few minutes, but when they're over, the sweat is still there.  I'm out in 35 degrees, in just 3 thin layers. I was shivering by the time I got home 10 minutes later. 

This is why coffee exists. 

I'm now convinced every male expert on global warming is wrong. The Industrial Revolution may have contributed, but all those baby boomer women hitting menopause in the late 1990s kicked it into high gear, and us Gen Xers are carrying the torch (literally) onward. 

Enjoy your Sunday!

Only you could have a hot flash while outside during an epic Florida cold snap!  It was 15 here this morning. I didn't walk. I have no guilt or shame about it.  LOL

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Good Morning 

take care of yourself.

I'm glad that no one was hurt, rick.  Take care and it is good to see you even though the circumstances are unfortunate. 🤞for a better February!

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, spyke said:

Only you could have a hot flash while outside during an epic Florida cold snap!  It was 15 here this morning. I didn't walk. I have no guilt or shame about it.  LOL

I'm not kidding. You could drop me in the middle of Antarctica naked during a hot flash and I swear I could melt the entire ice cap in less than 5 minutes. 🔥🔥🔥🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Hope y'all are staying warm!

I took the dogs for their walk and it was a balmy 35F here in Florida. I dressed as appropriately as I could, with no winter gear in my wardrobe any longer. Socks, sneakers, jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt, zip up hoodie with hood up and knit gloves. 

All was good. It was brisk, but not frigid. Yesterday's 20mph+ winds had died down, only a light breeze. Off we go. It felt a little chilly, cuz let's face it, a sweatshirt and hoodie are not a winter jacket. But whatever, it was only a 20 minute walk, about a mile. 

Halfway around the block IT happens. Yes, the dreaded hot flash!. Here I am, in 35 degrees, sweating like I'm at the gym on the elliptic. Now, hot flashes only last a few minutes, but when they're over, the sweat is still there.  I'm out in 35 degrees, in just 3 thin layers. I was shivering by the time I got home 10 minutes later. 

This is why coffee exists. 

I'm now convinced every male expert on global warming is wrong. The Industrial Revolution may have contributed, but all those baby boomer women hitting menopause in the late 1990s kicked it into high gear, and us Gen Xers are carrying the torch (literally) onward. 

Enjoy your Sunday!

all hail the hot flash! Phil laughs when i call it a power surge, lol!

unless it happens at 2AM and i have to throw off the blankets.... 🔥 🔥

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Good Morning 

take care of yourself.

oh rick!!!

so glad no one was hurt

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

all hail the hot flash! Phil laughs when i call it a power surge, lol!

unless it happens at 2AM and i have to throw off the blankets.... 🔥 🔥

I am soooo "borrowing" that phrase. It's perfect! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Back from the mountain. The trip was awesome and terrible wrapped in one. My oldest had a great time. He's a natural on the board. My youngest has a knack for ruining trips. This one was no different. My brother and SIL drove an hour to pick him up so we could actually enjoy ourselves. Later that night, he did the same thing while cosmic tubing.

I love experience's, I would spend all my money letting my kids try everything under the sun. It's so hard to have a kid who gets excited and pumped but ultimately makes it miserable for everyone. We're planning a trip to Disney World next year and I'm seriously second guessing it. Seems like a lot of money for something that will end in tears for everyone involved lol. WHY ARE KIDS SO DIFFICULT?

• Wow 5
5 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Hey gang. Sorry I went poof. Had a few medical issues that put me in ICU for a week and am now working on normal again. Hopefully I get sprung from this joint by end of the week. Wings was supposed to drop in and let you know what was up, but apparently my brain was firing better on all these weird drugs than hers was normally.  Go figure.

Any way, I am on the road back.

Glad to here from you and you are on the road to recovery.

Take care and look after yourself :hug:

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Hey gang. Sorry I went poof. Had a few medical issues that put me in ICU for a week and am now working on normal again. Hopefully I get sprung from this joint by end of the week. Wings was supposed to drop in and let you know what was up, but apparently my brain was firing better on all these weird drugs than hers was normally.  Go figure.

Any way, I am on the road back.

Good to have you back Kitt. We were getting a little worried. 

Get better soon!❤

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@kbois

Thought of you yesterday while I patrolled by yard, machete in hand, searching for fallen iguanas. I planned on decapitating any I ran across before they warmed up. Alas, it was all for naught. Haven't seen even the baby one running around.

I haven't even seen a gecko in about a week or so. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..