The Drop in Centre

hi everyone, 
i'm a little late to the party
no cookies here, also no real Easter either
Phil will probably grill some pork chops that are in the freezer and i'll make up a small batch of "THE RISOTTO"
He did buy me a treat though
See the source image

i'll let you know how they are sometime Sunday

take care y'all

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

@Mikiesboy The first batch of Mall Cookies is out of the oven.  I accidentally squashed in the side of one with my oven mitt, so, of course, I have to eat that one right away. :P 

I’m baking the trays separately at 10 minutes, which seems to work well in my oven.

They may be browner than they’re supposed to be, but they still look good and OMG are they tasty. :D 

I am defo making them again.

PS: I used my medium-sized - less than 1/4 c - trigger-handle  ice cream scoop to measure them out so I ended up with 11 cookies altogether.

Edit: Oh, and I made them as per the original recipe with 1/2 c old-fashioned oats and 3/4 c mini chocolate chips. The one thing I did differently was add in a full tsp of cinnamon rather than the recipe amount of 1/2 tsp. Can’t really taste the difference, imo. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy The first batch of Mall Cookies is out of the oven.  I accidentally squashed in the side of one with my oven mitt, so, of course, I have to eat that one right away. :P 

I’m baking the trays separately at 10 minutes, which seems to work well in my oven.

They may be browner than they’re supposed to be, but they still look good and OMG are they tasty. :D 

I am defo making them again.

PS: I used my medium-sized - less than 1/4 c - trigger-handle  ice cream scoop to measure them out so I ended up with 11 cookies altogether.

I can't take it anymore.

Recipe please. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, kbois said:

I can't take it anymore.

Recipe please. 

Thank you! I was just getting ready to type that, but you beat me to it.

It needs to be mandatory that if you're talking about making delicious food, you either point to or post the recipe.  @Mikiesboy @Reader1810 LOL 

Edited by spyke
  • Haha 4
  • Site Moderator
17 minutes ago, kbois said:

I can't take it anymore.

Recipe please. 

You’ll love them, I guarantee it. ;)

FYI: they’re super soft just out of the oven as evidenced by the damage the one cookie sustained in the “crash” with the oven mitt, so they do need to rest on the tray for a bit while they cool. 

Spoiler

Mall Cookies 

1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (i leave this out sometimes)
1/2 tsp salt 
1/2 c canola oil
2/3 c granulated sugar
2/3 c brown sugar
2 lg egg whites
1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract 
1/2 c old-fashioned rolled oats
3/4 c semisweet chocolate chips or chunks (4 oz) (sometimes i leave out the choc and use raisins and/or nuts)

1. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in medium bowl. Whisk together oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in large bowl. Whisk in egg whites and vanilla until smooth. Stir in dry ingredients until blended. Fold in oats and then chocolate. 

2. Cover and chill dough at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. You can freeze this too and then have fresh cookies more often... hot and yummy..oh... oh sorry!!
3. Shape dough into 16 balls (1/4 scant cup each) with hands, using a little pressure. Place 8 balls on each prepared sheet. With fingers, press each into a patty about 3" in diameter, allowing about 2" between patties for slight spreading. ***These get BIG!  I usually measure out the 1/4 cup and then cut it in half. Plus there's something more satisfying in have two cookies rather than one big one.
4. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until desired brownness (do not overbake), switching position of sheets halfway through. Let cool a few minutes before moving to rack to cool completely.

I substituted brown sugar for Splenda brown sugar blend. Using the Splenda conversion calculator that meant I used 1/3 c of the brown sugar blend.

They’re getting crispy on the outside now, but still chewy on the inside.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, spyke said:

Thank you! I was just getting ready to type that, but you beat me to it.

It needs to be mandatory that if you're talking about making delicious food, you either point to or post the recipe.  @Mikiesboy @Reader1810 LOL 

Your request is duly noted. :) 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
16 minutes ago, kbois said:

Agreed.

There should be an automatic contract issued when joining this group stating that fact and binding one permanently to said contract. 

:heart: 

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Mall Cookies

0453C591-9533-45F6-ADC6-662A8F678E05.jpeg

They look like mine, but mine are smaller. That's because someone like to have two.. so i measure out 1/4c and cut them in half. So, He is happy with the two. 

I've overbaked them and they are good even then.  Also, if you wish to make them full size.. you can put ice cream inbetween two of them .. they are really good that way too.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

i got a Hoppy Easter card and my own private choc Lindt bunny .. which i cannot eat because he is too cute.

Here is some more cuteness:

image.png.c6deb5aac06744a86c4de46cee12fe8b.png

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i got a Hoppy Easter card and my own private choc Lindt bunny .. which i cannot eat because he is too cute.

Here is some more cuteness:

image.png.c6deb5aac06744a86c4de46cee12fe8b.png

Too cute!

I love Lindt chocolate. My sister-in-law made the mistake of introducing my kids to it when they were little. I had to switch from Hershey kisses to Lindt milk chocolate in their Xmas stockings from that point forward. I'm still required to ship it to Kansas. Spoiled kids...lol

On a side note when my younger son was about 2 he got into too much chocolate that was laying around one Easter. Not pretty. That's all I'll say. 🤢

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

@Mikiesboy

Next time I make them,I'm going to use my small ice cream scoop to measure them out, so they are smaller.

I love cookie ice cream sandwiches, so that's on my to do list now as well.

That Westie looks just like my Piper did, though he would have had that cap off in seconds. He was not one for posing. lol

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy

Next time I make them,I'm going to use my small ice cream scoop to measure them out, so they are smaller.

I love cookie ice cream sandwiches, so that's on my to do list now as well.

That Westie looks just like my Piper did, though he would have had that cap off in seconds. He was not one for posing. lol

That is Wee Jock from the Hamish Macbeth series ... he was too cute not to share..lol

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator
32 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

That is Wee Jock from the Hamish Macbeth series ... he was too cute not to share..lol

Love that show, but I haven’t seen it in ages. Should see if I can find it somewhere. 

• Like 3
Just now, Reader1810 said:

Love that show, but I haven’t seen it in ages. Should see if I can find it somewhere. 

i'm watching it on Prime

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Thanks.
I’ve got Prime, so yay! :D 

i watched Versailles on there too .. i loved that and Blue Heelers .. 14 seasons of it..   during my last depressed period.. i watched a lot of stuff.. it kept me from thinking.. and some good films too

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
18 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i watched Versailles on there too .. i loved that and Blue Heelers .. 14 seasons of it..   during my last depressed period.. i watched a lot of stuff.. it kept me from thinking.. and some good films too

I haven’t heard of either of those, but I’ll be sure to check them out. 

Feel free to suggest anything you’ve enjoyed. 

• Wow 2
36 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Thanks.
I’ve got Prime, so yay! :D 

i loved Versailles.. King Louis and his gay brother Phillippe d'Orleans (alexander vlahos) below

It is sexy and fun .. and just full of excess .. i may watch it again. lol

image.png.7838fd2b7867301522171e8c4b90d9a2.png

• Like 3

what else.. The Tourist, The Village, Secrets and Lies (australian original), Downton Abbey (loved it), a film called Brotherhood, The Borgias, Mr. Robot (amazing i loved it), Limetown, Being the Ricardos, Film: The Underground Railroad (brilliant brilliant), The Homesman (Tommy Lee Jones brilliance), Film: Our Friend (lovely true story.. we should all have such a friend), Minari (i love this one) and started watching Outer Range.. that was good too.

That should keep ya busy. LOL

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..